Home

What was your first Lucas Arts game?

XERXES

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

first PC Lucasarts game I played was Their Finest Hour: The Battle of Britain

and just about every single one since then, the only ones to escape me perhaps were a couple of the kiddie racing games and Escape from MI and Grim Fandango, as 3d adventure didnt really strike my fancy at the time ;)

The first Lucasarts game I ever owned was X-Wing. It was included with the first family computer my parents bought back in 1994. I had a blast playing it. I was too young to understand the critical balancing act of modulating the energy outputs to engines, shields and lasers, so I just made myself an invincible juggernaut with unlimited ammo. :p

Originally posted by IG-64

Pfft. I was 8 when the N64 first came out. Now look how much that improved in 5 years.

_splash_20_4.gif_splash_20_5.gif

Man, I don't remember it looking so... not good, lol.

My first would be Rogue Squadron, I think... I know I had this little handheld game... you had to shoot the ties... forever. That was when I was about 5 years old. I played RS when I was 10 or 11.

Originally posted by legameboy

Burn him! How dare you not play such classics (well, Fandango at least)! Burn him!

*starts passing out torches and tinder*

i never thought of them as classics, i tried both demos and they werent near as fun as MI1 and 2, CMI and day of the tenticle ... et all.

My first LA game was Dark Forces on the original Playstation. I remember my brother-in-law had it and I would just watch him play and hope that he's let me play for awhile.

My first N64 game was Shadows of the Empire. For my Xbox it was The Clone Wars. Finally for my PC it was JO. I wish I could of tried all the other LA games for the previous consoles.

:lsduel::duel:

Originally posted by lukeskywalker1

I know I had this little handheld game... you had to shoot the ties... forever.

Oh my gosh, I think I had the same handheld! It used liquid crystal technology and had a Death Star picture for the background, right? You could move your X-Wing into one of three positions to shoot Ties and dodge laser bolts. That was a fun little game. It got old fast, but it was fun to pick up and play from time to time.

I also had a similar handheld that allowed you to join the Empire. You played as Darth Vader and flew in his Tie Advanced X1. It had a little Vader figurine as a joystick. The game allowed you to change key events in galactic history (shoot down Luke at Yavin, destroy the Millennium Falcon at Endor) and utterly destroy the Rebel Alliance. It was primitive, but fun.

Dark Forces was my first; I tried playing it again recently and, well, I guess I've been spoiled by recent releases and all their flashy graphics because I could not get past 5 minutes without being put off by 2D stormies that look they were built out of lego - ahhh, but it was oh so good back then.

Originally posted by Neverhoodian

Oh my gosh, I think I had the same handheld! It used liquid crystal technology and had a Death Star picture for the background, right? You could move your X-Wing into one of three positions to shoot Ties and dodge laser bolts. That was a fun little game. It got old fast, but it was fun to pick up and play from time to time.

OMG, I HAD THAT ONE TOO!

Hell yeah I remember it, i played for countless hours.....until I found out that you never really got to the death star.

Originally posted by InsaneSith

Super Star Wars, got it the day it was released.

What he said, but I too am old enough to remember The Empire Strikes Back, only mine was for the Colecovision/Intellivision console. I still have it. I still think it is the absolute worst Star Wars game ever made.

Archived