Home

CDkey in use *minor spoilers*

PhireStorm

If your on a server I'm on I'll definatly say you've got a legit copy but I'm not Kurgan so my 2cents on this means nothing. "There can be only one" and Kurgan is the one.

Edited after Insane Sith made his post.

Yup looks like the Higher-ups have spoken. Looks like You'll need that photo or scan, OR maybe You'll be super unlucky and this cdkey won't work either, darn software pirates.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by PhireStorm

you gotta be kidding me...

Isn't it possible that I can get a fake reciceipt, a fake box, a face CD, those are more probale than a working cd-key dont you think?

Perhaps, but if you want to lie to us and use fake stuff, we can't stop you. But whatever.

UH!! come on!! I dont have my reciept, and i cant get a picture!! is that CLEAR? I have no clue why you even made these, do you hate your fellow player? huh? your all driving me mad!! DONT BAN ME FROM LUCAS ARTS PLZZZZZZZZZZZZ! my only way to prove is on a server, whose key is never used before, SO ITS LEGIT. dont amny ppl use illegal cds keys, anyway?

were not saying people don't use illegal cdkeys but if they do, they don't play online. When they try to play and find out they can't they come here to try to "convince" people someone managed to get their cdkey or generate it with magical d&d dice while chanting some obscure lost massassi hymn. It doesn't matter what you say at this point, if you can't provide proof (a photo,scan,ect) then ur as good as gone. I could easily call up a friend and say hey lemme use ur cdkey to play RC but I'm guessing that as soon as the validation server picked up on the fact that 2 cdkeys, exactly identical cdkeys are in use they'd stop that pretty quick. Just a guess.

At least Oidar can slightly understand... But you other three seem to be out their to destroy ppl reputations.

I have no friends- shut up. I live my life on my comp, or working so i can play games.

Really wanna know why i said EBGames. everyone goes there. If i dont go to eb for a game, ppl in school mock me cus I'm n00b and a fagat. I thought you would be the same. I was right. You guys are out for justice too much, so much that you condemn the innocent. I hope your happy. This is why I hate you guys. I come here with a request, not thinking some people looking to condemn others to tarnish were going to accuse me of outrageoues things.Tell me I cant prove it, and I'm no longer allowed on Lucas Forums anymore. Once again, I hope your happy, cus I'm not.

You could just get your mom to take a picture of your box or CD and you could post it here, and make them all look like asses. After all you still have like... 19 hours? But you seem to insist on posting your life story instead... I don't get it.

:confused:

Just post a picture of it already!

Fine, you won't be banned for this, so what did you want us to do for you again?

Try as we might, using any third party "cd crack" is simply not supported, by us or by LucasArts. If you were really interested, you'd have to contact the person who authored the thing.

Most games these days just expect you to have the cd in the drive when playing. Maybe it's inconvenient, but that's how it is. So if you want to make a legit copy of your game and use it, that's your business.

For Republic Commando PC tech support, go here:

http://63.169.70.223/os.asp?sid=151256050218063169070126&pid=1392&pnm=Star+Wars+Republic+Commando%99

Or call LA's tech support line here: 1-415-507-4545 (long distance charges may apply, better check with your parents before calling!).

LucasArts's Official Tech Support Forums.

http://forums.lucasarts.com/category.jspa?categoryID=11

In the future I can only offer some advice for you:

1) Don't buy used games that use a CD Key (especially if it's printed on the outside cover where somebody could copy it down). If you get a bum key, always consider returning it to the store first. If that fails, try contacting the game company and explain your case, and perhaps they'll issue you a new key.

2) Don't use CD cracks that can screw up your game unless you're willing to accept the consequences.

3) Don't share your CD key with others, even friends, who might use it and be logged on at the same time or give it out to still more people, making it so you can't play anymore.

4) Try not to sound like you're using warez if you're not, on a fan forum for the game. ;)

5) Don't be afraid to uninstall and reinstall your game. Tons of us who want to get our games working have figured that one out. If you don't want to put in the time, don't expect it to fix itself. This is the third most commonly used method of fixing a non-working game, next to updating video/sound card and DirectX drivers.

6) Last but not least, ALWAYS save your receipt. It might seem silly if the thing works, but it's better to be safe than sorry. Most of the time the max you can return any piece of merchandise without an extended warranty is like 30-60 days. So save it AT LEAST that long on any purchase you make say over 5 bucks. It's worth it in the long run and will save you headaches in the future.

Sorry if any of the posts you got sound smartalecky or rude, but we've dealt with a lot of people having similar problems who turned out to be pirates trying to weasel their way through a free lunch in the faces of everyone else here who got the game legitly. Perhaps we're cynical and jaded... So for what it's worth I'm sorry for any trouble you got in on our account.

Good luck making things right with your parent(s)!

now correct me if I'm wrong. BUT since the game hasn't been patched and there are nocd cracks out there

(PSA I do no support the use of a NoCD crack in anyway at all unless it is released but the company that developed the game)

but if you installed the game using those 2 original cds, along with an original, working cdkey then simply using a nocd crack would allow you to play online without the use of "said" original cds that your mother took.

Archived