Home

Swccg

jedispy

So, any collectors of the good ol' SWCCG by Decipher here? I'm not talking about the lame Star Wars card game by Wizards of the Coast, or the really bad game Jedi Knight TCG by Decipher.

I had collected a TON of cards back in the day (which I personally call the golden era of CCG). I got pretty good too. Then the dark times came. Lucasfilm pulled Decipher's license. Sucks too.

Personally I'm looking for Luke Skywalker, Jedi Knight, but then again who isn't?

Anyone have any glory tales? Want lists?

I got a starter kit for Decipher's CCG when it first came out for my b-day from a friend. Those are the only cards I ever got because I was more into the figures and for the life of me couldn't figure out how to play the game....

I do get the WotC Minis which I feel are alot like collecting cards. They're all randomized so its fun yet aggrevating to collect and they also are a game which I love to play.

Yikes! Well Star Wars collecting is cool no matter what. However SWCCG was a level onto its own.

Oh man, how I miss deploying my trap to an unsuspecting Luke Skywalker's location. Deploy Darth Vader, Dark Lord of the Sith , Epic Duel, play the interrupts Vader's Obsession and Focused Attack. If you defeat Luke in a Epic Duel, then the opponent has to choose to lose a ton of cards, or turn Luke to the Dark Side. MWA HA HA HA!!!!! Of course there was a light side way to turn Darth Vader back to the light side.

Then there was the epic events of Commence Primary Ignition (Death Star blowing up planets) and Attack Run (Rebellion blowing up Death Star). Oh man I tell you, it was a think of pure BEAUTY!!! The planning, the strategizing, the SCHEMING!!! It was a total rush.

Boy do I miss it.

Well the thing is that I played a TON in college. Now I'm done with college. I don't know anyone in my area who plays, and now I'm married. No time to play, and the Mrs. doesn't like it. Oh well. I still have my collection though. Hundreds and hundreds of cards.

Archived