Home

New Jedi Knight Petition

EmperorZod

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by razorace

It's pretty silly to start petitions like this. First off, the people that make the decisions about the Jedi Knight frachise don't visit here. Secondly, you're not even using your real names.

So you work at LucasArts or Raven or something? Because I didn't know you "knew" what the marketing research people do for their job. :rolleyes:

Believe it or not, they do check forums like these, they don't post, they hardly visit, but they do visit forums. They are usually more likely to visit the bigger sites such as filefront.

That's what they do for their job, although it isn't always based on web browsing....

=================================

Knight signs

Sure, I would love a new Jedi Knight game. But I think they should use a new engine and make something new instead of making a game with the same engine. Hopefully we'll see no more "honour chatroom" servers in the next Jedi Knight game.

Also, I advise you to go to http://www.petitiononline.com (something like that) and start a petition. Anyway, I'll sign.

*William signs*

Originally posted by razorace

To be fair, Mike doesn't have much pull at LEC as far as I know.

Right. The Raven guys posted here relatively frequently for awhile, but the only confirmed "LucasArts employee" we got posting was WebJedi (the webmaster of the LA site). In the past we've had a few other folks like Zanzibar from the TPM game team, but that's all I know about.

Considering Jedi Academy seems to have been a successful game, I think we'll see another JK game in the works in the not- too-distant future. I doubt Raven Software will be involved, though, since they're currently making Quake IV and that's a pretty big task. But I predict we'll hear something about a new game by this year's E3 and it'll probably use the same graphics engine as Republic Commando.

Anyway, you can put my name down if you'd like. The Jedi Knight series really deserves another game. This time maybe we can play as Kyle again...

Originally posted by DarkStarMojo

3 and it'll probably use the same graphics engine as Republic Commando.

Given that JK games have always utilized the most modern version of the Quake engine I won't be surprised if they use the Quake 4 one (modified Doom 3 engine).

I would be all for a new Jedi Knight game, but I think it will be a long time in the making before they release another one, if at all. The series has had a history of long breaks between revolutionary games. Heck, it took them five years to make a true sequel for Jedi Knight.

What's more, they can't really extend the series that far into the years after Jedi Academy or they'll run into the New Jedi Order timeline, and I can guarantee they won't ever make a game based on that and risk alienating a sizeable portion of gamers who have either:

a: Never read the series, or

b: Don't like the series.

I think the best bet at this time would be to either have the next JK game be set in the prequel era (or perhaps the KOTOR era), and/or do what they did in MotS/JA and tell the story of another Jedi. As much as I like Kyle, having him as the hero again might become a bit monotonous.

And by all that is good and just in this world, if the "honorz" community taints a new JK game with their filth, I will start a petition to ban future Jedi Knight games!

Actually I probably wouldn't, but I'd be pretty ticked off.

Maybe with the incoming release of RotS they will make a new JK game

What I'd really love to see in the new game is a heavily hardcoded routine that kicks any player who says the word "lamer" and that forces the game to auto-uninstall from a server when the "forceregen" value is changed.

I would like a new JK game.

I think the best bet at this time would be to either have the next JK game be set in the prequel era (or perhaps the KOTOR era), and/or do what they did in MotS/JA and tell the story of another Jedi. As much as I like Kyle, having him as the hero again might become a bit monotonous.

Kyle is the star of the JK series. Forget the KOTOR era... thats why that have KOTOR! I play a JK game to be a super sweet Jedi Knight, like Kyle Katarn, not one thats restricted by rules from the Jedi Council. To be honest, my favorite eras are the ones during the movies, and directly after.

Anyway, you can put my name down if you'd like. The Jedi Knight series really deserves another game. This time maybe we can play as Kyle again...

Agreed.

Given that JK games have always utilized the most modern version of the Quake engine I won't be surprised if they use the Quake 4 one (modified Doom 3 engine).

Only JK2 and JKA have used Q3. Dark Forces, Jedi Knight, and MOTS have all used there own engines (well, MOTS was an expansion to JK... so same engine there).

Archived