Home

New Jedi Knight Petition

EmperorZod

A new jedi knight game thumbs up :band1:band1:r2d2:

Not cuz I think some of the people of lucas arts look at this forum, but if I do. I got some tips for ya...throw away the ugly cowbly looking kyle katarn. And make the main charachter be obi wan kenobi student of qui gon. 16 years old. And use a new engine, maybe the same engine that made assasin´s creed would be cool. And update everything, this has to be a top game...it must be better than the battlefield series...and yeah it must be awesome..you wont loose money on it, jedis are still cool...and i assure you people will buy it...:duel:

but take away the nerd factor...like may the force be with you and stuff. And the stupid droids...>_>

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What was the last game released by LucasArts for the PC? I think there was a strategy game in 2006. It's not looking good for PC gamers. Highly rated games like Call of Duty 4 and Crysis couldn't make a profit on the PC. EA isn't making their flagship product "Madden" for the PC this year. There are a lot of troubling signs out there.

I don't think they're not making a profit. I think the issue is that consoles is where the money is at. It's much, much easier for a consumer to purchase a console game and just play it vs a computer game, where there's system requirements, install times, etc.

Personally, I think the solution is to come up with a hardware rating system that will allow a standardized system for system requirements. That way users could download the evaluation software and have a simple rating for system requirements. "My system plays 140 series games or lower and 100 games or lower at Max Graphics".

In addition, developers really should work on making their games plug-and-play compatible with a harddrive install as a optional feature to speed up load times.

Finally, developers really need to avoid revolving door system requirements. While it's a strength of computer systems to be upgradable and faster than consoles, there's really no need for new games to not be compatible with systems built in the last few years.

A new jedi knight game thumbs up

Then post here & here:

http://www.petitiononline.com/jkdf4/petition.html

http://forums.lucasarts.com/thread.jspa?threadID=93209&tstart=0

(I know, it will probably not amount to anything, but it's easy to try anyway)

I would love to see another Jedi Knight game....

Then go post at those 2 places.

It's much, much easier for a consumer to purchase a console game and just play it vs a computer game, where there's system requirements, install times, etc.

It is easier. Which is why most of my gaming is on console. But if games didn't push all hardware to the brink of failure all the time, it would run more easily on a wider range of systems. An expansion pack to J.A. would do just that (or a new J.K. based on id Tech 4).

>developers really need to avoid revolving door system requirements. While it's a strength of computer systems to be upgradable and faster than consoles, there's really no need for new games to not be compatible with systems built in the last few years.

I think developers think if the games don't have all the latest sizzle, no one will buy them. Forgetting that gameplay makes games popular, not just eye-candy. And look at the growing market for simpler games...games with simple gameplay, or interesting gameplay but simple graphics. It's a market that could be chased after by using older engines (i.e.--id Tech 4/DOOM 3 engine). An older engine with a good story can be cheaper to develop, have a wider possible install base, and still have great gameplay and be a good game. Like an expansion pack for J.A. (if they won't make a new one).

With the rule of two, for the Sith, returned in the Legacy of the Force series. The Imperials are out of sight and out of mind until the very end. The Yuuzhan Vong have been defeated. (Jaden Korr and Kyle Katarn both make cameo appearances in the series.) My question is this? Who would they fight? The former rebels and the Imperials are side by side in this conflict towards the end. The Sith rule the former Rebellion, Darth Caedus aka Jacen and Tahiri his apprentice, and the Jedi are exiles in their own country. So, although I'm with you on making a new one, but think about where it would go in the storyline. Yes, it has to be cannon, since the other stories are cannon.

DarthJacen

They can extend canon, extend the timeline, set it back in time (I don't care if it's Kyle, just some good lightsaber fun), or interweave it with current canon (look how TFU takes place in between Eps III & IV). I don't care if it's Kyle, it doesn't even have to be Jedi (though I prefer that), just some good lightsaber fun.

If it wasn't a Jedi, how the heck would it be a Jedi Knight game? The Jedi Knight series is about Kyle Katarn. If Kyle Katarn isn't in it, it's not part of the Jedi Knight series.

Geez. That'd be like having a Metroid game without Samus. It just isn't going to happen. You obviously don't want another JK game, you just want another Star Wars shooter. They're not necessarily the same. :)

If it wasn't a Jedi, how the heck would it be a Jedi Knight game? The Jedi Knight series is about Kyle Katarn. If Kyle Katarn isn't in it, it's not part of the Jedi Knight series.

Geez. That'd be like having a Metroid game without Samus. It just isn't going to happen. You obviously don't want another JK game, you just want another Star Wars shooter. They're not necessarily the same. :)

I agree with that - Kyle Katarn *is* 'Jedi Knight'. And before anyone says that you didnt play him in JK3, he was in it, and the player had a direct connection to him - any Jedi Knight game really has to have him in it, or it just wouldn't be Jedi Knight.

Why must kyle be in it, hes just a stupid looking farmer. Personally I would like to play with some of the guys from the movies. For example, Darth maul. Who the hell is he, he just appeared in the first movie as a mysterious sith lord. But who is he really? O.o Hes fast strong and a perfect dark sith lord for a new sith knight game. Yeah why must it be "jedi" :D

Or why not the most powerful jedi master yoda, when he is YOUNG! Imagine how powerful he must have been when he was like 100 years old. The movies last for about 40 years or so right. Think how much yoda must have experienced if he is 900 years old. lots of cool stories I bet...

Why must kyle be in it, hes just a stupid looking farmer.
Because he's the main character of the series.

You people really must learn the difference between "The Jedi Knight Series" and "A Game Where You Can Use a Lightsaber."

I don't see much room for interpretation with Kyle's life, now that he's been incorporated into so many other stories.

I haven't read the topic fully, bear with me, but just my two cents: I'd like a game LIKE Jedi Knight, but another JK game seems unlikely.

i see enough room.

what about a jedi knight game with kyle, where he fights the yuuzhan vong?

from wikipedia..

New Jedi Order

In the New Jedi Order series of novels, Kyle became the academy's foremost battlemaster, a close friend of Luke Skywalker, and a respected Jedi Master. During the Yuuzhan Vong invasion portrayed in the New Jedi Order series, Kyle helped develop strategies against the invaders, and participated in the rescue of human captives of the Imperial Remnant world Ord Sedra from the Yuuzhan Vong. Near the end of the war, the living planet Zonama Sekot agreed to help the Republic; Kyle was one of several Jedi Knights bonded to seed-partners and provided with Sekotan starships to use in Sekot's defence.

Kyle heard a rumor that the Sith still existed. Due to his experiences on Dromund Kaas, Kyle investigated after the invasion, following clues from Ord Sedra in the Clacis Sector to Yaga Minor, resulting in the Cloak of the Sith. During the mission, Kyle was captured by the Dark Jedi Daye Azur-Jamin, who presumably attempted to turn Kyle back to the dark side. After a successful rescue mission led by Jan Ors and Jaden Korr, Kyle revealed all that he knew about the new threat. A Force-sensitive Yuuzhan Vong is causing havoc in the galaxy, and it's apparent that an even more powerful threat looms on the horizon. (So far, these events haven't appeared in any stories, but only in the SWRPG and other supplemental material.)

Sorry to be the deliverer of bad news, but this is a waste of time. Petitions didn't bring back Sam & Max 2 or Loom 2. They didn't bring back Star Wars Galaxies Pre-CU, they didn't get us Monkey Island 5, and they didn't bring back Indiana Jones and the Iron Phoenix.

Sorry to be the deliverer of bad news, but this is a waste of time. Petitions didn't bring back Sam & Max 2 or Loom 2. They didn't bring back Star Wars Galaxies Pre-CU, they didn't get us Monkey Island 5, and they didn't bring back Indiana Jones and the Iron Phoenix.

Wow, there was a Loom 2 petition? That's a surprise.

i see enough room.

what about a jedi knight game with kyle, where he fights the yuuzhan vong?

from wikipedia..

New Jedi Order

In the New Jedi Order series of novels, Kyle became the academy's foremost battlemaster, a close friend of Luke Skywalker, and a respected Jedi Master. During the Yuuzhan Vong invasion portrayed in the New Jedi Order series, Kyle helped develop strategies against the invaders, and participated in the rescue of human captives of the Imperial Remnant world Ord Sedra from the Yuuzhan Vong. Near the end of the war, the living planet Zonama Sekot agreed to help the Republic; Kyle was one of several Jedi Knights bonded to seed-partners and provided with Sekotan starships to use in Sekot's defence.

Kyle heard a rumor that the Sith still existed. Due to his experiences on Dromund Kaas, Kyle investigated after the invasion, following clues from Ord Sedra in the Clacis Sector to Yaga Minor, resulting in the Cloak of the Sith. During the mission, Kyle was captured by the Dark Jedi Daye Azur-Jamin, who presumably attempted to turn Kyle back to the dark side. After a successful rescue mission led by Jan Ors and Jaden Korr, Kyle revealed all that he knew about the new threat. A Force-sensitive Yuuzhan Vong is causing havoc in the galaxy, and it's apparent that an even more powerful threat looms on the horizon. (So far, these events haven't appeared in any stories, but only in the SWRPG and other supplemental material.)

First of the the bigger event is happening in the Legacy of the Force book series. Second, you're right about Kyle's and Jaden's involvement in the last three series.

Third, I love the idea.

But, ask yourself this? One of the reason's we liked the Academy was that it was a mixture of jedi on jedi vs jedi vs everyone else. The Yuuzhan Vong fight completely different than Jedi. That would be hard to put into the game.

My suggestion would be to pick up the story at the height of Jacen/ Darth Caedus' power and influence. The last two books of the Legacy of the Force series, and do it like KoTOR did with the comic books.

However, unlike Dark Forces, and Dark Forces II, which also came out with novelized versions of the game, the book are already written with the final one coming out May 13, 2008. We're going to know what will happen which doesn't leave the game developers any room for dark or light side endings.

The Jedi Knight series is about Kyle Katarn. If Kyle Katarn isn't in it, it's not part of the Jedi Knight series.

In J.A. Kyle isn't very important. Is J.A. still a J.K. game? What about JK:MotS where you play Mara? I just want good gameplay and a good story, I don't think it HAS to involve Kyle. If you ONLY want Kyle, then the series may well be dead...I'd rather have new stories/characters than to see no more JK-like games. Heck, I don't care if they call it J.K...just another JK-like game.

>You people really must learn the difference between "The Jedi Knight Series" and "A Game Where You Can Use a Lightsaber."

I'd be happy with a JK-like game that isn't in the JK series then. I don't care what they call it.

I'd like a game LIKE Jedi Knight, but another JK game seems unlikely.

Well, then perhaps sign here & here:

http://www.petitiononline.com/jkdf4/petition.html

http://forums.lucasarts.com/thread.jspa?threadID=93209&tstart=0

this is a waste of time

Probably so, but it only costs you 2 minutes and maybe a miracle will occur. Trust the Force ;)

I Want a sequel.

Well then go post at the 2 places written above.

The final boss of the dark side path isn't important? Let me have some o' them shrooms.

Actually, he's right, the canonical path is Light side male. The dark side path is not canonical in the time line. Kyle doesn't even help you on Taspir 3 or Byss. The only time he helps you is on the first two Vjun missions then he disappears for the final part, conveniently I might add.

• 2 months later...

Archived