Home

How rock bands can be great in hosptals...

Sabretooth

Originally posted by GothiX

*pop bands

Wow, I'm so glad you could be here to correct that greivous error. Who knows what would have happened otherwise.

I think that's a pretty cool story, though one must wonder would the boy have come out of the coma without the music? Or was the music the catalyst?

To everyone who came in here to just rip on the music / comment about the music, and anyone who was PLANNING on doing it.

Don't.

That is childish and stupid. The story has NOTHING to do with the particular band, nor the kids choice in music. It's a ten year old kid who was in a COMA because he got hit by a car on his BIRTHDAY, and his favorite music brought him out of the coma. I honestly don't CARE what music you listen to, and I'm pretty sure nobody here cares if you like or dislike Greenday.

Hey, I like Green Day. I don't have to have some "knowing" person to come and tell me what kind of music I should and shouldn't listen to in order to have "good taste" or be cool. And I hate when somethings labelled "pop" and put on the crap shelf.

Good story though, feel sorry for the kid, but he got lucky waking up like that.

Green day aren't pop. They may have been when they started, but unlike all the Blink 182s and Offsprings they have actually become a pretty good band.

Go listen to a Busted or McFly cd and then tell me Green Day are pop.

Go on, I dare you!!! :D:p

Originally posted by ET Warrior

Even though this shouldn't be happening, I'm going to clarify. Pop is the word used to describe the popular music of the time. Back during the big band era swing and jazz were "pop" music. Greenday is a very mainstream popular band. Ergo, pop.

Indeed. People seem to be confusing the term "Pop music" (read popular music) with the genre "Bubblegumpop" which is what (early) Britney Spears(now she's sluttycrap ;)), Jessica Simpson, and Mandy Moore, etc. are.

Archived