Home

Star Wars Galaxies: Rage of the Wookiees official site!

Rogue15

I played SWG and got hooked. I finally managed to pull myself free of it's mind control last August.

I can honestly say I had a blast playing that game, especially with all my friends - Hell, we even made RAA city at one point - but the amount of time and money I spent on the game wasn't worth it. That money's going towards more important things (paintball)

:cool:

i got galaxies at the end of january, got JTL last month. So far, i've been very impressed with it. It's a great way to make the time go by fast. :)

I guess it helps having a job to pay for the monthly cost. :D I get good use of my $14.99 a month.

"experience ep3 content" ??? I thought SWG was set around the time of Empire?

Oh well, whatever...

I still haven't forgiven them for ruining the potential of a X-wing vs Tie-fighter online game by tacking it onto that steaming pile of SWG... :mad:

Originally posted by legameboy

I guess no one got my subliminal message in my original post...

Let us compare...

Y'know... WoW... uh...

Ehe... heh... >_>

WoW is overrated, and crap and don't tell me I haven't even played it, because it's right next to me in its box.

Originally posted by Rogue15

i don't understand the reasoning behind calling it 'star wars galaxies: episode III..that's my only complaint.

It's supposed to be in the time frame between Ep 4 and 5.

They did this so that you can meet and interact with all the famous (movie) charectors. Both sides of the GCW could meet the most important figures in the movie series. This, they felt, was the best time frame.

Unfortunatelly things started getting out of control as they added and expanded - they lost track of the story.

Things (in order) that started the decline of SWG. Most of them started off godd, but ended up bad.

• Speeders - Before everyone went on foot. This was great because it was harder to get places alone. People would hire our guild as bodyguards.
  • Player Cities - It was cool at first, but then the most populated (non player) cities got thinned out so PvP and the GCW just isnt as fun.

This made it hard to find healers and other important players around the galaxy
  • Jedi - They have waaay too many Jedi. This, IMO, ruined the game for me the most - not only the storyline but also PvP, career balance, etc.
  • The Economy - Changed naurally with player cities, group hunting, and the Jedi. It's out of control now.

The most frustrating thing is that this game only needs minor fixes to make it amazing, but rather than do that the Dev team adds on new crap instead of repairing bugs and other issues. Had they taken the time to do this, I would still be playing today.

Archived