Home

What would you like to see in the first (ok, how about the Second) PC patch?

Kurgan

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmm, you mean like total player points (not kills) on one team vs. the other? That might work. Maybe even several possible options.

Btw, I'm not sure if we should merge this thread with the "RC Bugs?" thread, but here's a link to it anyway. For now I'm thinking not, because it's a slightly different topic. This one is more organized. ;)

I've actually thought about it, and I think I have a better idea. The tie breaker could be that the winner is whoever spent the least time attacking. In other words, whoever go the flag across faster. That would give motivation to hurry on maps that are hard to defend, and even make defending on maps such as the arenas have a little more of a point.

I'd like to see more levels (single- and multiplayer) and also some more interactivity in MP. Like Oidar said, It'd be cool to be able to place a charge next to a door, and when someone comes trough, you press the button and wham! Great for ambushes and repelling full-scale attacks.

EDIT: oh, and drivable vehicles would be nifty too. Since this used to be seen as a sort of 'Star Wars Halo', I was kinda expecting it...

Something they really have to look at is the weapons in MP. I don´t mean which weapons there have to be but the respawn of them. At the moment there isn´t any respawn time which results in some maps with all players using the Anti Armor attachment. The one who can fire first will win. Not good in my opinion.

So give it some respawn time or a limit per team. Think it would make it more challenging.

Same will have to go for grenades. You can pick up two of em when you run over. But what happens if you run over em again? Yes, you get again two new grenades. Pretty convenient when you are out of grenades or close to an enemy camp/door/... with grenades near you.

So a respawn on these aswell please.

And maybe an idea. At the start of a game you get the choose your player class or weapons with a limit for each.

Originally posted by BeBop

So far I've only seen one server that has no respawn delay with the pickups. Everyother one however has a delay. So I don't know if that's a problem.

I played on several servers and noticed it. I probably just played the wrong ones. :)

Originally posted by Pad

Something they really have to look at is the weapons in MP. I don´t mean which weapons there have to be but the respawn of them. At the moment there isn´t any respawn time which results in some maps with all players using the Anti Armor attachment. The one who can fire first will win. Not good in my opinion.

So give it some respawn time or a limit per team. Think it would make it more challenging.

Same will have to go for grenades. You can pick up two of em when you run over. But what happens if you run over em again? Yes, you get again two new grenades. Pretty convenient when you are out of grenades or close to an enemy camp/door/... with grenades near you.

So a respawn on these aswell please.

And maybe an idea. At the start of a game you get the choose your player class or weapons with a limit for each.

By default there IS a delay on all pickups, period. That's how my server has always been. I'm not even sure how to make them NOT take time to respawn (the respawn delay in the options menu I thought referred to PLAYER respawns, since it's off on my server and yet items take time to respawn, but players don't). Sides, one way or the other people will whine.

Either, "everyone has the cheap weapons!!" they'll say, or "this one person is hoarding the cheap weapons!!" etc.

But, like you said, if grenades are instantly respawning ('weapons stay' in UT didn't work that way incidentally, grabbing a new pickup of the same weapon didn't give you anything since you couldn't pick it up a second time only another person could, or like in Q3 it only gave you 1 extra ammo per pickup) then yeah people pretty much have 5 grenades with every pickup. Health wouldn't be a big deal since it always gives you 100%, but you could camp near one and stay alive longer (though most weapons can be instant kill so not necessarily). Likewise you could get full Shotgun ammo each time (since it takes two pickups to max it out).

Sounds like a bug with this option that only a few servers are using.

Okay, a viewer named "Phats" wanted me to post this for him since his account is having problems:

Phats wrote:

I can't seem to get my republic commando account to do anything but let me read the posts, I can't make posts myself. Anyway I was wondering if you could post this up for me ;) ....

Team Damage Options:-

1) Apply X % of damage back to the person who fired the weapon.

2) Auto kick if TeamDamage:OppositionDamage ratio of a player becomes greater than X %

The way the game plays now without the server host/admin being able to kick people are just exploiting the hell out of the 0% TD people are using in the server settings.

That should make admin'ing easier.

A curse filter and badname filter would be nice in respect to the younger people playing.

There seems to be some exploits too with people firing heavy weapons at their feet and killing their opponents with the splash and surving themselves to go on to repeat this process several more times - obviously not taking much damage each time. (I think it might have been the concusion rifle I saw used for this purpose).

Personally I think the team damage thing (when you hurt your teammate, YOU get hurt as well, like in the old light gun arcade games) idea is pretty cool, but that doesn't mean the simple ability to kick people from the server shouldn't be added either. It's basic to all MP games out there pretty much. The auto kick (if you did more damage to your own team than to the enemy) would be neat. Of course it would punish noobies, but then they might learn their lesson. When would this be done? At the end of the match or on the fly?

As to the splash damage thing, I can attest that when I do the above to others and I don't die, my shield is gone and my health is way down there, to only a couple of bars (or even one bar) and I have to run for Bacta. It may seem like they are never dying, but they are just playing smart. ;)

A curse filter would be nice, if the user could edit it himself with a list of words, since people are sneaky and would bypass a regular filter quite quickly.

commenting on what Phats said in his 'post' about the firing of a concussion rifle at your feet. Well if you keep moving... since the concussion rifle has a delayed explosion, you could fire it a little bit in front of your feet, run backwards and be out or almost out of it's damage radius, while your enemy may be standing on top of it. I do that alot when i have that gun...

THE ROCKET LAUNCHER... i am not sure if anyone said this but the blast radius is huge and a noob can come in and get like 20 kills and just stand where the ammo is... and it homes in on you if u charge it or whatever... but it is also fun to shoot the ppl and see them go flying :D

Originally posted by tommygunner

THE ROCKET LAUNCHER... i am not sure if anyone said this but the blast radius is huge and a noob can come in and get like 20 kills and just stand where the ammo is... and it homes in on you if u charge it or whatever... but it is also fun to shoot the ppl and see them go flying :D

Well, the RL is powerful, and it is very difficult to shoot down the rockets it fires, but I really really hope they don't start nerfing weapons. First off the RL makes you move about walking speed, second you only get 5 shots (and without instant respawning ammo this means you better be accurate). Sure you can wipe out multiple people with it, but at medium to close range you stand a better chance of killing yourself in the bargain (which noobs are more likely to do). Getting a lock on someone requires careful aim (a full lock takes seconds of focusing on the crosshair right on them to work), since most people are constantly moving. The shots are powerful, but the rate of fire is incredibly slow. The AA by comparison is a much faster weapon, but its a little shorter ranged and less accurate, with a smaller blast radius.

Originally posted by BeBop

commenting on what Phats said in his 'post' about the firing of a concussion rifle at your feet. Well if you keep moving... since the concussion rifle has a delayed explosion, you could fire it a little bit in front of your feet, run backwards and be out or almost out of it's damage radius, while your enemy may be standing on top of it. I do that alot when i have that gun...

Thanks, I need to try that. ;) Sort of like the tactic of throwing your grenades right at your own feet as you run away which I see some people doing. I think such tactics are both smart & risky. If they work, the player should be rewarded with the kill, in those cases.

Originally posted by tommygunner

lol ok well how about an option to take out some weapons when u want to or something...

No, removing weapons unbalances the game. LA took the time and effort to code all the weapons, construct models for them, create animations, and compile the sounds, so taking them out of the game is throwing away this hard work.

It's just like how in JO and JA how servers disable everything except lightsabers. All the guns, explosives, Force powers, and that's throwing away like two-thirds of the game right there.

Besides, there's no weapon that should be considered "cheap," not even the Wookiee Rocket Launcher. It's so slow it's almost like it's only good for one shot and then you'll get killed by someone else before it can fire again. You walk so slow with it you're a sitting duck. Not to mention most people just blow themselves up with it any way...

Personally, I hope to see helmet HUDs in MP, a couple extra maps, and for god's sake at least one vehicle(perhaps a Warthog-ish skiff?)

And also, I want to be able to do takedowns. Wouldn't it be awesome to press a hotkey in the heat of battle, switching to third-person and doing one of those brutal finishing moves? Of course, it'll never happen...

i think it woud also be a nice idear to put healing comrads in MP

then you can do a respawn time of 30 sec or so and you are forced to work in teams or else your all goners :D

but ill yust be glad whit some nice server tools if its not to mutch askt :o

Something I thought I just came accross.

Computer Games - Are there any plans to release new content and/or mod tools for Republic Commando after its release?

Chris Williams - Yes. We will be releasing additional content and the tools the MOD community needs to create their own content roughly a month after the game ships.

[/Quote]

What do you suppose Chris meant when he said this

"We will be releasing additional content".

Could we be looking at some additional maps, multiplayer characters(droids and wookiees)more sp features in mp?

With the JK mod tools extra content didn't have to be released for them to work, no extra maps or anything like that. So what do you think the additional content will be?

Originally posted by Oidar

Something I thought I just came accross.

What do you suppose Chris meant when he said this

"We will be releasing additional content".

Could we be looking at some additional maps, multiplayer characters(droids and wookiees)more sp features in mp?

With the JK mod tools extra content didn't have to be released for them to work, no extra maps or anything like that. So what do you think the additional content will be?

Maybe I misread your post, but JK2 and JA both had extra maps released by the dev team for free, alongside the patch(es) and mod tools. Sure you could make some basic mods because it was the Quake3 engine, but without specialized tools there were problems.

Still, for JA they never released a new version of JKRadient I'm told, you just used the latest version of Gtk Radient (I never did mapping for those games so I apologize if I got that wrong).

I don't know if it's the case with all Unreal engine tools that they work with RC, but I've heard that people have tried to use currently released versions of UnrealEd and it crashes with this game.

well I was looking at it from this angle.

When LA released patches and additional levels for JO/JA they were just for the game. They also released the mod tools which you didn't need to have anything other than the game installed, none of the new maps and stuff, to use them.

So this would lead one to think that were getting a patch/additional content along with the mod tools we've been waiting for. I'm curious what the additional content will be. I emailed LA to ask them and got no reply. Its been 3days so I'm not exptecting an answer on this.

This also had me thinking if they knew they were going to release extra content after the games release would that be why the wookiees and droids weren't inclued as playable factions in multiplayer.

Also,

Deth Metal. I tried using all the known UT editing tools with RC and none of them work. I got a couple unsupported tools and the best I've beenable to do with those is extract a couple static meshs from a couple of the files. Nothing that would allow for any modding.

It probably can't be done as a patch, but the ability to pick up Droid Blasters might be fun. The Regular Battle Droids just used handheld blasters, it didn't make sense not to be able to use them (Especially when Sen. Amidala used them in the movie). Of course the DC17M is superior, but being able to use the enemy's ammo against him would be nice.

Archived