Home

Mouse Control

Jan Gaarni

I just tried the demo of this game, and I just had to shut it down.

What is up with the mouse control for this game?!?

I move my mouse, and for like half a second, there's no responce. Then the game responds and rotates my character (or looking up, down, whatever). Then when I stop moving my mouse, my char keeps rotating for an extra half a second. It's like the game simulates me sitting in my room, trying to operate a computer on the moon or something. :confused:

Very annoying, as it's very hard to aim correctly, so I end up spraying the room with laser bolts trying to hit the target moving across the room.

Is there something wrong with the demo? Or is the game like this to?

Well, I do have a cordless mouse and keyboard, but there's no problem outside the game, or even after you just start up the game. But as soon as you start a mission, the half second delay appears. And persists if you call up the menu during a mission.

Maybe I should try messing around with the Mouse Sensetivity option?

It's probably because it's a cordless mouse. I had that problem when I played HL with a wireless. But yeah, try adjusting sensetivity. The wireless mice always have a delay in reaction, and if the mice settings are rather sensetive (which RC default they are) it's definitely going to screw up like that.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a cordless optical mouse. Never had problems with sensitivity. (Save for in Multiplayer when there is a lag spike) I use the default setting for mouse sensitivity. Can't say I've ever heard of the problem either.

• 7 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The problem is with the resolution. If you change the resolution, things don't go well in the game. The mouse is moving on the desktop, and is being "dragged" by it in the game, which is why it is inaccurate and irritating. I normally solve it by restarting the game after every time I change the res.

Archived