Home

Finally accused of cheating, how about you?

Kurgan

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He could have just had good aim, a good ping, and been playing some noobs. It happens! ;)

In first few days of playing this game it seems like there were tons of headshots all the time, but now I rarely see them. In fact in the last couple of days I haven't heard it say it once. I hit people in the head, but I don't see any message like before.

Another bug?

Originally posted by Kurgan

He could have just had good aim, a good ping, and been playing some noobs. It happens! ;)

In first few days of playing this game it seems like there were tons of headshots all the time, but now I rarely see them. In fact in the last couple of days I haven't heard it say it once. I hit people in the head, but I don't see any message like before.

Another bug?

Seems so, I'm not hearing it nearly as much....

Some folks asked me if hacks were being used tonight.

They never give any reasons why either, they just spit out the words: hacks, hacker, speed hack, hack hack hack.

GIVE IT UP!!!! NOBODY IS HACKING YOU DORKS!!!

Sorry, somebody had to say it. Sadly none of the people who really need to hear it will read this.

There was this retard in one of the games one of those people who think their skills will be long remembered by the gaming community.....yeah total idiot. Anyway he was hosting a server and i came in and started playing. I had just gotten on the game for the day and was not warmed up. The whole time he was bragging about how he was firs. He was winning all first place in DM for 3 straight games. I finally got the drop on him 10-2 The game session suddenly was no longer available..... Why would you play for fame instead of fun....and if your going to show off WIN! dont let someone MURDER YOU! any way i feel that this game needs players who are more apt to STICK TOGETHER... I have seen huge turn arounds from people buddying up....(sigh) cool story eh???

Hye, I'm 11, and yo uwon't see me complaining about not winning. It's a stupid game. ((I mean it's a game, it's not stupid :D)) Speed Hack detected messages have appeared twice on my TV ((I play X-box)) and I don't even knwo hot to hack. Very annoying. i hate it when peopel brag, the ndie and quit. It's SO annoying. I think squads in normal death match would be nice. Try not to kill your squad while killing the other guys.

Originally posted by Nokill

thanks for calling me a noob :p

Present company excepted of course!

I'm more inclined to think we're all noobs in this game, just some of us might be a little more noob than others.

How'se that? ;)

Originally posted by ZBomber

My noobness exceeds yours ten fold, Kurgan. :p You see how I was float/jumping up to that wookie rocket thing in that MP game awhile back? :p

Takes great timing to get up there. It's harder than it looks, seriously!

;)

Getting to that rocket for me the first few times was a pain in the butt. I figured that once you pass to far to the side you drop quite rapidly, this due to the fact your not in the low grav area anymore. Best suggestion I can give is to try a deathmatch game on your own, host it as a lan session and keep trying. I had to do that to figure it out.

Yeah, for me the best way seems to be to start at the bottom "rung" (on the ground) of the low Gravity area thing. Run forward and jump while holding forward. As you go and you are just in the right spot, strafe and move with your mouse to the side to land right in the rocket/sniper area. You have to do it at the last second so the momentum carries you.

This works for me, but maybe like 3 out of every 4 attempts.

The other way trying to get up there is just hopping into the anti grav "rung" right next to the hole and trying to get it to let you up. But that only seems to work 1 out of every 10 times. It's nearly impossible in a game.

There might be an easier way (I see some people doing it with throwing their view around wildly, I don't know if it gives them more momentum or not), but feel free to share it. ;)

Originally posted by Kurgan

Present company excepted of course!

I'm more inclined to think we're all noobs in this game, just some of us might be a little more noob than others.

How'se that? ;)

i coud reanimate myself again... :o

and try to live whit that fact ;)

The best way I found to get to the rocket launcher area is to start at the bottom/outside of the ramp. Then look at the ground and run forward. When you get to the end of the ramp, quickly switch to looking straight up, and jump. When you get kinda close, turn to face the area, and make sure you dont go too far. That works most of the time for me.

Originally posted by Shok_Tinoktin

The best way I found to get to the rocket launcher area is to start at the bottom/outside of the ramp. Then look at the ground and run forward. When you get to the end of the ramp, quickly switch to looking straight up, and jump. When you get kinda close, turn to face the area, and make sure you dont go too far. That works most of the time for me.

I've seen people do this, but I have one question: are you holding any kind of movement keys when you're doing this, or are you only using the mouse to move after you leap off? Because with my method I'm strafing and moving forward the whole time. I just wondered if that was even necessary.

Btw, I had a few people claim today that there was actually a MESSAGE saying "Speed Hack Detected" when they joined my server.

I'm very curious about this and am going to experiment going to different servers.

They have been claiming this for awhile and I always use the same settings. So I wonder.

I have a couple of theories right off the bat, assuming these people aren't lying:

1) They are using some warez or cracked version of the game which is giving these messages in error.

or

2) It's an actual bug in the game that occurs sometimes and people are assuming I'm cheating as a result.

or

3) The people JOINING have a speed hack, and the game is detecting that THEY are the ones trying to cheat, not me.

It's odd because first off I'm NOT cheating (anyone reading this far knows or knows me realizes that) and second, this game didn't advertise any sort of cheat protection being built in like Punkbuster. So why would it display that message?

The problem with #3 is that it assumes a "speed hack" exists, which I've seen no evidence for, in such an early game. That would mean there was a speed hack cheat available on the 'net four days after release. I suppose it could have been developed by the warez pirates early on, but who knows. It seems accusations of the speed hack exist, but not the speed hack itself. Also, it would not make much sense, because it would assume that RC has built in cheat protection that nobody decided to talk about.

Btw, the other night I got somebody whining about getting killed while typing. They thought this game should have a chatbox appear over your head like in JA or the patched versions of JK2. LoL! I totally called that one.. remember this:

commandoz3.jpg

Anyway, another person when I killed them said "Heh, I had pistol out" to which I replied with a joke about "Saber Off = Peace" so they got the point. ;)

Originally posted by lukeiamyourdad

You could request them to take a screenshot and post in somewhere(like here). Other then that, they can't really claim anything.

A very very good idea. Many people don't know how to take screenshots, but even the old Alt+Printscreen and then paste into a paint program should do the trick.

So those who have seen it, where does it appear?

Originally posted by LukeKatarn

I've seen it. It appears at the bottom of the screen. And I don't cheat, not ever in any multiplayer game I've played.

I mean like, does it appear in the window where you pick your team in-game, or is it like on the loading screen where it loads the map?

Does it appear in all game modes? Just on my server?

It may be a bug after all. Here I was assuming people were just accusing me of cheating because I ran around fast or something. ;)

Hope it gets fixed...

Archived