Home

Doom Movie Pic *very minor spoiler i guess*

toms

Actually, the Res Evil comparison may be quite acurate...

A squad of black suited special forces in a high tech setting with genetic experiments gone wrong.... it basically IS the plot of the resident evil movie.

----------

I have nothing against the Rock, in fact i think he may well be the best thing in this movie... not that that is saying much... :(

Originally posted by jon_hill987

From what I heard Demons won't be anything to do with it.

Face it, this film is going to suck more than the Resident Evil films, Probably more than King Aurther.

Now I liked residen evil, because I never played the games before I saw it.

But Doom without demons?? what???

The Rock is the new muscle bound action star. He's not a superb actor, but he fits the parts he's cast to play (muscular badasses). It's like the Arnie movies in the 80's and early 90's, Arnold isn't such a great actor but he was cast in quite a lot of movies.

Anyway, I think it'll be alright. But still without the demons it won't be as good. But I think I can understand why they left out the demons, same reason why people complained about the DOOM games. I'll let you all try to remember that.

Originally posted by InsaneSith

"Only God and Jesus can send the demons back to hell"

Really, I would have thought a shotgun would do the trick!:p

Well, i suppose that could be why they took out the demon refs, but there have been many films that left them in.

i have no idea WHY they took out the demons. The idea of hell crossing over into earth (well mars) and the progressively more hellish environments (living skin on walls) was one of the few "unique" things about doom. But hey, why hang on to that... :rolleyes:

But there have been many, many films with demons/hell in (constantine, hellboy, event horizon, almost any horror film, etc..) so i can't see that leaving demons out would have anything to do with christian groups getting upset.

Come to think of it, you didn't have christian groups picketing any films with demons in, only games... typical bias...

Archived