Home

Announcing "STARWARS BOUNTY HUNTERS" Series

Rends

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks! I'm glad you like my ideas, here it is the story behind the cold, cunning, IG-88:

IG-88 was one of the most feared bounty hunters in the galaxy. Everyone knows the story: how a group of naive scientists created these assassin droids, and how they were killed by there creations shortly after they became sentinent. The stories claim that only four IG-88s were built but where they wrong? Recently the spindly droid has been seen amoung another gang of hunters, made up of a mysterious warrior who dresses and fights like a Tuskan raider, a fierce exile from the planet of Gamor, a strange sabotour who revels in creating and detonating explosives of his own design, and a mysterious reminant of the clone wars, and now the famous assassin droid that was believed to have been destroyed. Was there another IG-88 droid built and then forgotton? Has he been waiting, sitting in some dusty old transport ship just waiting for the right moment to emerge? Or did one of the other IG-88's survive? The familiar droid has been appearing alot recently, One was reportedly seen entering the cantina on mos eisly and someone else claimed he saw the droid wandering the streets of courosant, the droid was also spotted on Bespin, Naboo, Nar Shaada, Bakura and on several small moons used for mining spices. Were these legitamite sitings or just the mistakes of exitable citizens? What happened to the droids any way? Sources say an imperial ship had found the remains of a ship floating in space, when they searched it they found the reminants of an IG-88, they claim they destroyed it in a garbage smasher. Another IG-88 droid was destroyed by Boba Fett on Bespin, he left it for the ugnaughts to incinerate. Another one was apparently killed on Ord Mantell, however there has been no information about the fourth one exept some unreliable story concerning the second death star. So who is this mysterious droid? is it the fearsome hunter rebuilt to kill agian? or a mindless drone reincarnated merely for it's fearsome impact on those who see it? The droid is known for setting traps for it's foes, setting mines for them and hiding in spots using its grabbling hook to climb into almost any crevace, then it rains lasers from above from one of its assorted blasters. It seems these droids have many lives, no matter how many people say they have destroyed the last one another siting emerges of how the droid was spotted again ruthlessly hunting down it's victim. What is the story behind this droid? Only the hunters and there employers know, and so far no one has lived to ask the that question.

IG-88 already has a background story so i tried to work that into mine, i try to leave a lot of room for speculation because i dont know that much about the EU and dont want to contridict somthing already writtin, I already have my own private theory of how he joined the hunters (look in the geonosians story, about how he got his rebel uniform) but i want to make it so others are free to make up there own, i thinks its better that way but if you want a story with a more deifinate backround about him then tell me and i'll change it. Lol srry if its kind of long...

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Rends,

I've played this map online a few times now and have been everywhere and tried 'almost' everything.

My first impression is that the map looks stunning and feels really stable to play. I think you've improved on the final of the first Bounty map and this is still only the beta.

The screenshots do not do the map a real justice and you have to go in there to play to really get the best impression. The graveyard effect is wonderful and the operatable vehicles add to the fun.

The only bugs I can report so far are:

When activating the IG-88 grappling hook, the screen momentarily changes to the character select page and when the hook grapples and the IG-88 starts moving to the lock on point it's very staggered and jumpy.

When throwing grenades Piggy's shields automatically activate or deactivate.

thx for feedback arramus. And yes i know the issues you mentioned.

Changes since betatest release:

- Correct Camerashots added

- Correct IG-88 Droid DM models added (thanks to Saturn5)

- Imp Hero bonus voice deleted

- Gunship DM settings lowered

- Missing watertile added

Movie and Minimap will be included in the final version.

Known Issues:

-Collisionmodel of the Transport and the Falcon are very basic and don´t fit correct to the shell.

- When using IG-88 Droid grapplinghook the screen flicker between ingame and character selection screen in multiplayer.(hardcoded unfixable for me)

- Gamorrean turn Shields on/off if throwing grenades. ( unfixable because i think that the droideka shield was made and tested as single secondary weapon without supporting greanades.)

YAY! I love u rends. I got some friends of mine to download it and we played it online. It was ridiculous fun. Very nice job. Im slowly coming into the map editing scene and you've been great inspiration espically with this map.

Besides those unfixable bugs I think its a great map and im very glad this one Never Ever Crashes!!! woo!!!

The vechiles were also a nice touch. keep up the good work and all that wonderful stuff.

This map totally rocks!! its very challenging to win as the bounty hunters, it took me a bunch of tries to actually pull of a victory and even then it was very close. The reinforcement points and number of players are good, the battle didnt drag on to long and didnt end to quickly.

The only bad things I noticed is that somtimes the ground turns blue around the trench area and the hidden base, its not really a big problem but kind of annoying. Also the geonosian wasnt as useful in this mission orobably because of the lack of destructable command posts, but you can use him to sabatoge or steal vehicles behind enemy lines, The only thing I would add is maybe some areas where IG-88 could use his grappling hook to get to on some of the mountains, just a ledge or somthing where he can rain some death from above. Also maybe you should change the voice effects of Delta 669 to that of the clone troopers, he is a clone after all

can't wait for the final version!!

Hey kingguru

It may just be me but all I'm getting when I click on this link is

the following appear. http://swbf.injapan.org/images/toast

:eek:

Connecting straight from the Category: Videos section on gametoast worked eventually but when it's rolling and the drums kick in the video image freezes on the ship. Jumping to a different frame sometimes helps but the rebel video footage is for a large part getting cut.

hmm system issues on your end? I've had 2 people have issues out of 89 downloads....I wonder what system specs you have? Its a music related crash? or your system just can handle the beastly movie, hehe.would love to find out....

Hey kingguru

Here's my specs.

< XP Pro >

< ABIT IS-10 BIOS 6.00pg 08/16/2004 BIOS update 17 >

< P4 Northwood 3.0GHz >

< 9800 pro >

< DDR400-SDRAM 2x512 PC3200 >

< 80gb Seagate Barracude 7200 >

< ADSL 8m down 1m up >

It's the first time I've ever come across such an issue.

This has got to be one of the best maps ever! Good job Rends!

the only problem i noticed is that gian speeders(maybe other vehicles too) sink into the ground in front of the prop ship in front of the secret base. i think might only happen when going there from the hill.

once again, good job!

Originally posted by General Fett

I dont have the AddOn folder..

1. Open another internet page.

2. Copy the text below

C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Battlefront\GameData\AddOn

3. Paste it into and over the other internet page address and click enter.

4. You should now be in your AddOn folder. Paste the Bounty1, Bounty2 folder, or any other mod maps into this folder.

Post again if you don't understand.

Hey Folks! I'm back! Have'nt been working on the site at all so I very sorry for that. Ive been busy in other areas but since im grounded for a week I have tons of time to finish the site and own on SWBF :xp:. Ok well ill get started on that now...all make a few in game movies and add them to the site and some screenshots....love that idea.

Laters

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Archived