Home

Dash Rendar.....

TheOutrider

To clear up some rumour, Dash Rendar does survive, the explanation being that he used his supreme piloting skills and made it look like he crashed but actually jumped to hyperspace (i think he may have launched a missile at the debris or something, cant remember. This is all in the fact file by memory) - the reasons being that he wished to get out of the rebellion line of work or something. He ends up with Guri, Xizor's human replica droid, who he doesnt realise is droid and by memory she doenst know she is either or something.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

SOTE is actually a great game. The demo is quite awful, honestly, and poorly represents the game in its totality. I mean, seriously, the Rogue Squadron battle of hoth was toooonnnness better.

No, SOTE is much better than its demo makes it out to be. The battle with Boba Fett, the infiltration of Coruscant, the swoop bike chase.... all pretty frickin good.

And yeah, Dash does survive. The comic series SOTE: Evolution, written by SOTE author Steve Perry himself, shows him on the last page of the last issue. Guri, the HRD whom the series focusses on, bumps into him in a bar, and he promptly buys her a drink....which, given the sort of guy Dash is- and the sort of "girl" Guri is (ho-ho-HOOTT!)- is just the sort of thing he'd do.

So yeah, he's alive. That doesn't necessarily contradict the book or original SOTe comic, though. After all, Dash isn't explicitly said to have died. Merely, like someone else on this thread said, everyone else THOUGHT he died. And in the comic series, all that was shown was a big explosion. It's perfectly plausible how a pilot as skilled as Dash would be able to cheat death like that. In fact, it's also perfectly plausible how he didn't announce his survival to Luke and the others so they could quit worrying- he was obviously growing quite attached to them, but he couldn't afford to get caught up in the whole intergalactic conflict, having freelancer principals and all. I'm sure he went off to wreck havoc in the Empire by himself.

Dash definitely does survive. Since my last posting, I beat the game on PC and N64. If you beat it right, there is a end cinematic where Dash and Leebo are travelling through hyperspace. Leebo asks Dash why he doesn't want anyone to they survived. Dash gives a few reasons, like the next head of Black Sun is apt to send every thug after them. The other reason is that it's good to be remembered as a martyr without having to actually die.

Dash lives.

Originally posted by MudRat_02

...Hey, does anyone know if he makes an appearance in NJO? im 3/4 of the way thru the series

My understanding is that a character is described, and the description matches Dash, but I don't think it is officially confirmed to be him. I have no clue when this happens, because I didn't notice it when I was reading it, I just read about it later.

Originally posted by Shok_Tinoktin

My understanding is that a character is described, and the description matches Dash, but I don't think it is officially confirmed to be him. I have no clue when this happens, because I didn't notice it when I was reading it, I just read about it later.

Dash does turn up in post SOTE EU, but is never mentioned by name in the NJO. As Shok said, there is a description of someone that could very well be Dash.. just as there is a description of someone that could very well be Boba Fett :D

mtfbwya

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by Shok_Tinoktin

... but Han comes to the conclusion that it was Boba.

of course he would. How many other dudes in Mandalorian armour has he come across :p IIRC Han never came across Jodo Kast, or that other chap either(name escapes) :)

mtfbwya

But he also recognized the voice. He just didn't put the two together untill he saw the armor. And then the fact that they said Boba Fett and his new Mandalorians will play a part in Legacy of the Force implies that it officially was Boba. I'm pretty sure there is no official stance on whether or not it was Dash, and I'm also pretty sure his name is never mentioned in the book itself.

• 4 weeks later...

Dash dies in the book? Dangit! Now I have to read the whole book again cause I forgot everything... :(

Note for future reference, always play a game on hard mode if you possibly can. It won't only possibly unlock the hidden aspects of the storyline, but it may unlock hidden features aswell.

Some things are better left done and not talked about... Therefore I wish you good luck in the game, 'Shadows of the Empire', and even better luck if you contemplate passing the game on Jedi difficulty.

• 5 months later...

Dash rendar does die in the game but i read that he was in the cantina 10 years later by jango fett 108

dash rendar was my favorite star wars dood tell jango fett and commander cody came along

I also like Ig88

who,s your favorite charcter from the whole saga

[ASTRO - Hootie, watch the spam :( ]

Now that's just flat out spamming dude.

If you want to know the final say on Dash's fate, read this:

Dash Rendar survives. The book and comics do not specify whether or not he survives. Instead they only speculate. In the game, if you beat it on medium level, and safely make it out of the skyhook before it blows up, you see Dash Rendar alive and well flying away in hyperspace.

And my favorite character is still Luke Skywalker.

• 4 weeks later...

"It would be cool to see Wedge and Biggs' perspectives."

Actually, the Darklighter arc from dark horse's Empire comic series featured the Battle of Yavin and other events from ANH as told from Biggs's perspective. it was quite well-done. The end of the arc was a bit of a tear-jerker, actually.

(sort of) on-topic:

how's the SOTE mod coming along, jedispy?

Archived