Home

WHy should I ?

wreckbmx

Just a question.....

I played Galaxies up untill right when the space expansion came out. I stopped playing because, sad to say... I was truly and completely bored with the game.

I couldn't really see why I should log on everyday..or as an adult with a full time job, I thought, " What is the point of this game besides the constant level-up grind "

It really didn't seem like Star Wars to me at all..... Now I know what you might be thinking...

" You get the grind with any online rpg.... "

Well I say, why not make Galaxies... like KOTOR ? I think that battle system would be great !

I mean in a lot of ways I am sorry that I gave up my character. I had finally got somewhere.. almost Master Rifleman..( An under-estimated class...) If it was done right, I think the rifleman would ( Especially as a Sniper ) Would be unbeatable..

But that " 64 meter " maximum engagement distance... pretty much kills that...I was in the Army... And I know, Hell 50 meters was the closest that we fired our rifles...sooo that being said...riflemen should be hitting NPC's (and PC's for that matter) from like 200 meters...

I think if ya combined the 2....Galaxies' customization and job classes and KOTOR's battle system and point of view..

Is it possible ?

I liked the Galaxies battle system in some ways... ( I used to be in the Army, so I could set my character to fight while I was ironing my uniform..Heh-heh)

What do you folks think..? Is there a reason for me ( Or anyone else who quit).. to get back in the game ?

think they're changing the ranges in the combat upgrade due out in may. :)

yeah 64 meters is too short. we need 300 meters dammit, these are blaster bolts and lasers we're talking about! not 5.56mm rounds! (was also in army but only for 10 weeks)

• 2 weeks later...

Ok well the reasons im rejoining are because of

1. The awesome looking new addon, Rage of the Wookies, which also includes JTL so you dont need to buy 2 addons just RotW.

2. The Combat Update! There revamping EVERYTHING. Changes SWG for the good.

I cant wait, as soon as i get Rage of the Wookies im gonna rejoin. :D

Master Smuggler here i come!

Originally posted by Lord Haine

Ok well the reasons im rejoining are because of

1. The awesome looking new addon, Rage of the Wookies, which also includes JTL so you dont need to buy 2 addons just RotW.

2. The Combat Update! There revamping EVERYTHING. Changes SWG for the good.

I cant wait, as soon as i get Rage of the Wookies im gonna rejoin. :D

Master Smuggler here i come!

Decieving to put two expansions together just so it will tempt more buyers, heh. Another amusing thing is when they do the CU Alpha testing, you have to test ROTW with it, heh.

Changes to SWG for the good? Not quite sure about that, looks like it could break the game, heh. We will see I guess.

Archived