Home

Stroomtrooper helmet advice

Murf

Is the Rubies brand stroomtrooper helmet the only and/or best brand to buy without paying big $$$? Are there other brands (besides the cheap vinyl ones that have the solid lens with holes drilled in them to see thru)?

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Murf! Yea, really, Rubies helmets right now are the only helmets you can buy in the US without breakin' the bank. I would, however, not recommend the Rubies stormtrooper. I just don't think it looks quite right. I would recommend either the Rubies Tie Fighter Pilot Helmet (I own one and it looks great!), or the Rubies Scout Trooper Helmet which also looks very nice. Both of these helmets are priced pretty close to the stormtrooper helmet, and they look closer to the films. Either way, I really wouldn't recommend the Rubies Stormtrooper Helmet over the two I mentioned above. Well, it's your call, and I'm not saying the Stormtrooper is terrible lookin', it's just that the Tie Pilot Helmet and the Scout Trooper Helmet look closer to the movie props. Well, Enjoy!

Visit http://web.ukonline.co.uk/bingo275/ to find out about all the helmets available. Just go down to the menu on the side labeled "rubies" and it should answer your questions!

Well, you're right TK, but he said he had a smaller budget, so if he isn't goin' to a Star Wars convention with it, it should be fine. I mean, the Tie Pilot helmet (I have) is amazing for its' price, but you're right too because they are mass-produced, they don't look as good, but with a small budget they are great costume makers!

Ebay is a good choice, just make sure you know what you are getting by checking that site. I almost got an Altmann's Stormtrooper before I saw that site.

Right now, there aren't too many great clone trooper helmets out there. I mean you can get rubie's and that's about it. It just doesn't look right. It is also very small. Fortunately, Master Replicas is making an Episode 3 clone trooper, and it looks fantastic!

Thanks legowar,

Your right, I put the limitation on the purchase of a budget price (around $60). So I appreciate you answering the question with the considerations that I mentioned. (Instead of just saying "they suck".) I wanted an answer with consideration of price vs. quality - and that is what you gave me.

I don't want to pay $150+ for a helmet. I just want one to set on a shelf as decoration basically (of course I'll try it on). I have heard similar to what you are saying about the stormtrooper helmet - that it isn't close to the movies and is smaller or in some way out of proportion.

I like the way the TIE fighter helmets look. I think I'll take your suggestion and consider one of them instead.

Thanks for the web site and the info!

Archived