Home

[SPOILER] The Truth about Goto

Bobo

it took me some time to realize Goto, was actually G0-T0 lol

to now learn goto is a droid was something i knew, but i didnt know

in other words i suspected it.

how long did it take you to figure out Goto was a droid?

this shows how well droids can turn into these, strange, overpowered things.

It took me until my second playthrough as DS. But he surprised me with his backstory and motivations. I didn't think it too hard to believe that a shadowy economical mastermind, sends a droid to aid you and do his field-work. But surprise surprise!

I thought he was the most interesting character of all.

Man, I hate Go-to. Would love to blow him into tiny pieces :D. TSL had nothing in it that surprised me which was one of the many disapointments I have with this incomplete game. The first game,

with Revan being me

suprised the heck out of me. This game was so perdictable it was a bit sad.

It makes too much sense that Goto was a robot, it should have been a droid controlled by a droid controlled by the real Goto (who would essentially be Human...or an alien) I admit i didn`t think goto was a droid right away, and i have no idea why a droid would want money or power, seeing as it cant really have any base pleasures being what it is O_o

Most of the droid in star wars are capable of concious thought, and the people were gullible enough to buy the story that he was a human, i guess i may have been wrong about the base pleasures thing, i mean look at bender from futurama? he drinks, smokes and steals :p

Obi-Wan specifically states: "If droids could think, there would be none of us here, would there?

- AotC Dex's diner.

Goto has a yacht because, just as you no one would think a droid would own a yacht so it takes suspicions away and facilitates his operations, while doing it with style.

due to Obi-wan's thought i beleve hes wrong, Droids can think! a computer thinks as well! AI is a supereor thing in star wars, it gives the droid the ability to do actions to make its oridgenal programs carried out to its best ability. they are like clones in a way, they can think, do what they want but they are very loyal to their orders. However in the case of R2-D2 and C-3PO, they do not have a program to follow by, because their owners treat them as individual beings. so they become, more, open minded.

As for goto, i tried so much to kill him lol.

once he says he would blow up and kill us all, then i thought: "Then i'll throw you out the airlock, and shoot you with the turrets" or trap him on the ravager and

BOOOOOM! lol

umm HK units do. they are Assassin droids so it seems like they are independant. most are independant, but once they get a job, they listen to the employer and stick to the programming. HK-47 Does, sort of... lol HK-47 has his own Agenda, but he listens to the exile because he has uses for him/her

Originally posted by Bobo

due to Obi-wan's thought i beleve hes wrong, Droids can think!

As we all know the SW movies are the first line of canon. So what is true in the movies is written in stone for the rest of the SW universe. And then there is Obi-Wan, a wise Jedi Master, not some shmoe of the street but a Jedi Master! He says in the movie (at Dex's Diner):

"If droids could think, there would be none of us here, would there?"

This line means, that in the SW universe droids can't think! Regardless of what they do and how they act. Simple.

Now we know that C3PO can lie and hide his motives and pretend to be something that he is not (episode 6) and R2 can go away to save both the princess and her suitor (all episodes from 1 to 6). So they are obviously capable of some individual "thoughts", but this doesn't mean however that droids can "think", because if droids could think, there would be none of the human heroes there, now would there?

And G0-T0 is the only interesting character in the TSL cast. And probably the one that I will think of when I think of TSL, like Jolee for K1.

Originally posted by montnoir

And G0-T0 is the only interesting character in the TSL cast.

Okay, now come on that is going it a bit far. GO-T0 might be interesting but he's not the only one. Kreia? Atton and his shady past?..... and now I'm going off topic...

Originally posted by nas77

Okay, now come on that is going it a bit far. GO-T0 might be interesting but he's not the only one. Kreia? Atton and his shady past

As an avid book-reader I have met too many Atton's and Kreia's to be anything else than mildly amused by them... and the fact that you could see it coming a mile off didn't help their cause... I didn't figure G0-T0 out until my second playthrough so, for me, the answer is no there are no intriguing characters in the TSL cast, nothing memorable at least - except G0-T0... and the dancer's outfit... which is a memorable experience by itself...

I agree with Montnoir.

Kreia -> I've seen better old people... though not as annoying...

Atton -> Carth? Solo?

T3 -> R2

HK -> Well, he was in KOTOR I...

etc -> Meh.

Goto -> o_O

He's disturbing, and funny at times, and annoying... But quite... interesting...

i also wondered how a droid could get to his position in the exchange. I mean the idea of him being cautious and thus only showing a hologram of himself is all well and good and believable but his superiors would not have hired him and put him to this level without something more.. the exchange bosses cant be that stupid.. Unless of course he is the leader of the exchange (which i doubt)

This lead me to wonder again that Goto did exist as a person and that the fact that the name of the droid was G0-T0 was just his way to personalise his best droid..

just a thought

Archived