Home

So yeah

Shmargin

So yeah, I hate LucasArts, how about you guys? Who can honestly say they like them? I mean, I'm a Star Wars fan, a big one, i love em, but why does that mean lucas arts only can make those games?

Remember back when lucas arts was cool?

I remember saying they were "the best computer game company ever" thats a real quote by me.

Now I can be quoted as saying I hate them. I hate them and I hope they die.

I HAVE been drinking, but seriously, they suck now. I havent played mercenaries, but, i dont think the video game market needs more point and shoot games, so i refuse to support them like everyone else.

Maybe a point and click game....but no, thats crazy talk, who the **** would play one of those? I've never seen one of those games do well, except for way back when computer games were fun, and not ports of crappy console games.

LucasArts, I hope you either see the wrong in your ways or die and get bought by EA.

heh, i posted this before I checked recent forum activity...

My last post was probably about a year ago (too lazy to check) and before that, i wouldnt doubt it if another year has past, I dont know if I've grown up, or maybe the new losers showing up here are causing it, but there seems to be alot of angry "no youre stupid!" type stuff going on....kinda...funny. Since I used to consider this a good place to come talk, I guess we'll see how people respond to my post.

Maybe everyone is just angery or maybe everyone is just dumb, who knows.

Welcome back, I'm in charge now. I guess that was the start of the downhill slump....

No when they cancelled it a bunch of pissy kids came on here, and it's kinda a pain, but every once in a while Sean'll come through here and rip em a new one again, and that's about as good as it gets anymore.

Feel free to give us some decent conversation.

Please, please please...

well, i dunno about decent conversation, i got pretty pissed too when they cancelled the game...I couldnt beleive it, it was like walking in on my hero smoking crack and getting it on with a transvestite hooker...Kinda broke me for a while.

But yeah, I'm still tossing around a few ideas for a computer game I want to make.....so uh...basically I'm at the same point I was 2 years ago when I posted here frequently.

I was about to dust off my old CDs and floppys and start playing through all the old Lucas games on ScummVM and get some inspiration. Part of me wants to do LucasArts job for them and make a new S&M game or a Loom sequal or something, and have it look all cool and be cool at the same time. And part of me says I should be inspired by their old games amazing wonder and ability to make you want to keep playing them and come up with my own damn characters and ideas, whcih is more than likely the path I'll take.

Will it take a long time? Yes. Will anyone be helping me? Yes. Will I come here begging someone to give me help on other aspects? Yes. Will anyone be able to do anything? Hopefully.

Please use at least near complete sentences, and stop using "^^" smileys. This board is in fact being read by human beings used to reading complete sentences, not Japanese RPG characters who can parse that inane crap.

You should make a fan game. It's all the rage. I also take it on high account from someone who knows the law very well that copyright infringement cannot extend to non-profit proliferations that are merely word-of-mouth marketed for gainless enjoyment.

Also, you should put something Japanese in it, like pocky.

Everyone loves pocky.

(Except me, I saw this damned kid walking around with pocky and I took it and beat him to death with it. It broke on the first blow, so I had to resort to something else Japanese: a tire iron. Also, on a totally unrelated note, I saw a guy walking around today and he was dressed like a fly. A fly. He had antennae and green-tinted shades, and wings on his referee t-shirt. I have no clue what a black and white striped t-shirt has to do with being a fly, but I do know what it has to do with being a complete jackass, which this guy obviously was. This guy also had a girlfriend. I know because he was sitting with her and they kissed (or maybe he was licking her sweat juice or whatever the hell flies do) and she didn't scream "A FLY TRIED TO RAPE ME". There wasn't even flashing lights, Ecstasy, or techno music anywhere. Fly dude was just walking around like someone wouldn't beat him up. He didn't even have a catchy stutter like Jeff Goldblum, nor could he throw up acid on someone's $20 socks.)

All relevant.

I think anyone can be funny.

I mean, even extremist terrorists have senses of humor (you can find videos on the internet of them watch Happy Days reruns laughing at the Fonz.)

p.s. Was that funny? I tried to make some observational comedy there (or something like that), but it probably didn't work.

Archived