Home

Where did they all go!

urluckyday

Should Lucasarts Continue Making Adventure Games?  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Should Lucasarts Continue Making Adventure Games?

• YES! Start a new one right now Lucasarts!
    • Can Pigs fly? NO of course not!
    • I wouldn't mind!
    • Who the heck is Lucasarts?

I am truly saddened that I have to post this thread.

As many of you know, our beloved Lucasarts is an amazing game company. But they have also changed a lot over the years. For example, Sam and Max: Freelance Police, and the new Full Throttle were cancelled. It saddens me that even though I love Star Wars, they have shifted so far away from wonderful andventure games like Grim Fandango and Sam and Max! I plead for Lucasarts to continue making some of their most amazing adventure games!

P.S. The last adventure game I know of (that lucasarts made) was Escape from Mokey Island, which was pretty good, but nothing since. :ball:

I'd have to agree. With somewhere around the high end of none of their older talent still in employment, the future for LucasArts' adventure games is looking very grim (oho).

Eventually they'll probably realise that the Star Wars gaming has gotten out of hand and revert to their original mission statement, but I can't see that coming anytime soon with the Star Wars franchise being in full swing right now.

Make sure you understand that I don't think Star Wars is bad, and that I don't think the games are cool. Heck! I'm seeing the first showin' of EP 3! It's just that I wish that Lucasarts could maybe split or something; one group works on adventure titles while the other works on Star Wars and whatnot!

Good pun by the way Thrik!:)

Originally posted by legowar

It's just that I wish that Lucasarts could maybe split or something; one group works on adventure titles while the other works on Star Wars and whatnot!

That would be cool. Unfortunately, that's in a happy candyland far, far away where there's a Shenmue III and Hollywood doesn't adapt games into movies. By the way, this happy candyland only exists in our minds.

So both cynically and realistically speaking: Lucasarts will never be cool again.

I don't really care if LucasArts makes a new adventure game or not - there is nobody left there capable of making a good one, and I cirtainly wouldn't buy it if it ever did come out.

No. Right now I'm more interested in Autumn Moon, TellTale and Double Fine.

Originally posted by neon_git

there is nobody left there capable of making a good one, and I cirtainly wouldn't buy it if it ever did come out.

I don't think that is entirely true. I mean a lot of old Lucasarts has been swept away, but I mean because there is still one man behind all of it, it can never get to the point where it gets sooo bad (i hope you know who that one man is!). But I mean, neon_git, you are pretty right about that most people from the golden days have left.

:manny:

Originally posted by Thrik

Who is this person you speak of, Legowar? Not George, I hope. ¬¬

George is the true visionary behind most of the magic that happens at Lucasarts. If you think I was callin him an oldy, that's not who I was talkin bout. The oldies I reffered to, are the originals who produced the great games like Grim Fandango, Full Throttle, etc.

He really didn't have anything to do with the original titles that were created back then, such as Monkey Island and Grim Fandango. That was all down to their respective teams.

George may be capable of producing good films, but he's not to be credited for the original titles which lit so many people's hearts up during the 1990s.

Originally posted by VampireNaomi

I wouldn't mind seeing them try their hands at adventuring again, but are there any creative people left working for them? I thought they were all replaced with droids, because they are cheaper and fit the new image of the company.

I would have to totally agree!

Archived