Home

A patch to address the incompleteness of the game

Toa Tahu

Would you like Obsidian to release a patch to address the game's incompleteness?  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like Obsidian to release a patch to address the game's incompleteness?

• Yes
    • No

I've heard from many sectors that the game,in general,is incomplete,and buggy.While I've not had my share of story bugs,I've had a share of "KotOR2:TSL has encountered an error and needs to close".In reasons I would have explained in the corresponding thread in the Padawan's Lounge,this should not happen.In KotOR 1 I only received 2 or 3 of such messages,and now alone,before finishing the game I have had 5!

Finally,I've also heard that many are dissatisfied about the "incompleteness" of the game.How you guys felt lost,disconnected and confused after the ending of the game dealt a severe blow to this game's hopes of scuppering the GoTY award this year.

Well,guys,would you guys like Obsidian to make a patch to address all these issues?

no offense, but i think this issue has been dealt with already.

to summarize: obsidian and lucasarts have probably already decided that they won't release a content patch. even with the outcry against the game's incompleteness (which has been proven to a degree), i highly doubt that anyone is going to get lucasarts and obsidian to admit that they made a mistake in rushing the release for christmas. its like trying to get microsoft to admit that they don't always know what's best for your computer. :dozey:

lets face it: its not happening without divine intervention. still, you can always hope and dream.......

I agree with stringerhs Yes i would like to be done, but it won't happen. Firstly from what i know that was cut it would be like 50% extra to be added to the game, so it will take more than a patch to sought that. I think they should admit they made a mistake and move on, get KotOR 3 done and done right. Because i would put money on people being willing to wait for 3 years for the perfect sequal rather than have it sooner and have it (lets be honest) sub-standard like KotOR 2.

No. Not unless they release a new version of the game for the Xbox too. It seems like 90% of the people on this forum don't even know there IS an Xbox version. :rolleyes:

I'm actually pretty sure the Xbox version has sold more than the PC version too, wasn't the reason they released the Xbox version so long before the PC version that KOTOR1 sold a lot better on the Xbox?

Originally posted by Grishnakh

No. Not unless they release a new version of the game for the Xbox too. It seems like 90% of the people on this forum don't even know there IS an Xbox version. :rolleyes:

I'm actually pretty sure the Xbox version has sold more than the PC version too, wasn't the reason they released the Xbox version so long before the PC version that KOTOR1 sold a lot better on the Xbox?

They needed time for the port.

They released it to make more money.

And 90% of the people here, right now at the forums are KOTOR PC players who are pissed off at the X Box for the Christmas rush.

Don't look for support here or love for the X Box, you won't find much.

Originally posted by lukeiamyourdad

And 90% of the people here, right now at the forums are KOTOR PC players who are pissed off at the X Box for the Christmas rush.

This is an ignorant comment. Do you really believe that if it wasn't for XBOX then LA would be a really great company who really took care of there PC players.WAKE UP its all about the money to them and if there was no XBOX or consoles they would be finding other ways of seperating PC gamers from their cash.

Ive noticed this sense of superiority in the morrowind forum from some PC gamers. You are not gamings chosen few, evryone has a right to expect a decent product for their cash.

Then did you feel like you had your money's worth with KOTOR II?

I believe they would have stayed with their original release date which was Feb 2005. Had Microsoft or LA not push someone to release earlier, there would have been less plot-holes in the game.

And that is because the X Box version sells more copies.

What other reason would you find for such a rush? Or are you so blind not to see that because of someone, who decided that a Christmas release for the X Box would bring them more money? What do you expect us to do? Hug Microsoft?

And must I remember you that we waited 2 more months? Or do you think it is arrogant superiority? At least with the first game, we got something more. Now, we have nothing.

And would it matter if we got a content patch and you didn't? KOTOR I came with a new area, new aliens and new items. I do not hear you complain about it. It was given to the X Box users later.

Are you ignorant yourself, to think that we have a sense of superiority over you? Or is it in your head and not ours?

If you really believe that some PC gamers think they are superior to console gamers then you are right. But do not come and spew it in my face, as if I really thought PC gaming was superior.

Yeah, I i agree with lukeiamyourdad. Many PC users thing that they are superior. In some ways the PC is, I think mods are the main reason.... let's look at Counter-Strike, some guys locked away with their collection of guns coded that game first, now it's been taken on by Valve and so on and so forth.

And it is the consoles that make money, and sadly, deadlines rarely get moved in any direction other than forwards on consoles, especially if Christmas is in the equation. Back the PC based behomoth, Half Life 2 was pushed back years because Valve wanted it to be the best product they could make.

Now, I'm not saying KotOR and Half Life are quite on par, but KotOR has come as close as any other games really, won a bunch of GotY awards... then the sequal got rushed so that it was released for xMas on the xBox - there really is no other reason for that to happen. It's the xboxers fault, I'm sure most of you would've been happy to wait the extra time for a complete game, but the good old folks at Microsoft saw the dollar signs and pushed for early release - most probably.

What I want to know is... why didn't they stop and think. "New star wars film in May, great time to release a star wars game. Will sell really well during the star wars fever that is likely to occur, and there won't even be a great deal of competition!"

I did wait till feb for my copy as I live in the UK.

And what you dont understand is that it is not the fault of the xbox the game was pushed forward, it was the fault of microsoft or LA, maybe even both. Just because the console is there doesn't mean they have to rush the game out and lets face it, this game was as close to a guaranteed seller as your likely to get.

In reply to the previous poster I can safely say that as a console gamer that games are frequently pushed back.

Also luke...whatever your name is I didn't mean all PC gamers acted superior, but it is something I have noticed, and if it is all in my head then you shouldn't get so upset about it

And what you don't understand, Gonzzalez, is that lukeiamyourdad isn't blaming the Xbox, he's blaming Microsoft/LA. You are quite ignorant yourself, for in reply to luke's:

he never mentioned a single thing about that LA would care so much more about gamers without the Xbox.

Also, he did not say that you said that all PC gamers acted superior, he only said some. No one is blaming Xbox or anything else, only Microsoft and LA >_>;;

Archived