Home

Whats the best computer game you ever played?

starmark2k

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
Consoles are computers, he didn't say PC.

So technically he should have said "video game," since that would cover arcade, console and home pc. ;)

HL games ? As the first Half-Life title and its add-ons ?

He said:

I'm kinda biased, but Grim Fandango will always be my favouite game, closley followed by the HL games (inc CS / CS:Source)

Emphasis mine! I'm assuming he meant the "entire series."

Boy we're nitpicking today eh? Myself included. ;)

I thought 007 series was made using elements of Half-Life, like AI or models... Right ?

Do you mean GoldenEye was based on the Quake 1 & 2 engines? I never heard of any connection, in fact I just sort of assumed that the "007 games" used their own engine(s) but I don't know that for a fact. I would think if they used a popular liscensed engine I'd have heard about it. Not every FPS has to use an id Software based engine though.

Do you mean GoldenEye was based on the Quake 1 & 2 engines? I never heard of any connection, in fact I just sort of assumed that the "007 games" used their own engine(s) but I don't know that for a fact. I would think if they used a popular liscensed engine I'd have heard about it. Not every FPS has to use an id Software based engine though.

I don't remember exactly anymore... I just know some 007 series' games were made around Half-Life's engine and AI... But which ones ? :confused:

The best game I have ever played is Deus Ex. It had a well developed story line, immersable locations, interactive game play, excellent hud system. It combines the best of FPS/RPG games. Runner up would be Jedi Academy, but only because it has an extensive modding community. Now if they could only combine the two, add Microsoft Combat Flight Simulator for air vehicles, Grand Terismo for land vehicles, vehicle damage, npc/item/world interaction like in Morrowind, they would have the best game in the universe.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived