Home

I Heart Will Wright

legameboy

If this does all that is it promises, this will be the most advanced game, eva.

And it seems to be a MMO Simulator or something.

I think the universe has a ton of planets, some of them have other people creatures. But I just think you download the creatures, otherwise you could be found and your civilization destroyed in half an hour by someone else :D

Looks very cool!

BTW: aren't you a mac boy, legameboy?

BTWW: I think they'll change the name.

TiE

Originally posted by razorace

I don't know. Sounds like an interesting idea but Will Wright's stuff tends to be hit or miss. Probably depends on how much stuff he decides to seed the game with and weither the stuff he does seed is any fun or not.

It's true that Will Wright is a hit-or-miss kind of guy, but I'm going to buy this game no matter what people say. ^_^

I've got faith in Will, he has great experience which he has accumulated over the years, and I can't wait to see what he has in store for us. The only thing that scares me is EA, the evil empire that bought Maxis and the insidious machine that will publish "Spore."

@TiE: I'm a Mac User, but a PC Gamer. :p

@IG: Will said (during GDC) that the only bottleneck for this game was his imagination. Now that we know that that is out of the way... well... :D

EDIT: Another good article.

What a slacker.... can't be bothered to make his OWN universe for his game so he makes us do it for him! Outrageous!

I'm gonna make those strider things from the Dark Crystal.... they will run circles around your Hutts (as long as there are no cliffs to fall off....) :D

Originally posted by Astrotoy7

before I say all the deragatory things I was thinking of saying, can someone explain a bit more....I have seen the screenshots...nice.... but whats it all about... ?? save me more reading plz, I aint got the time atm :p

Spore is a game which will take you trough an entire life cycle. The deal is that it's focused on customization (Will has an army of 1337 ninja coders instead of animators etc). Basicly you make everything

• 4 months later...

Looks awesome. Now, about the player-built content; how does that work? Is it like a giant mmorpg, with everybody able to create their own little world within the universe? Or do you simply download other player's content and load it into your game?

But I am so going to create a race of hermaphrodites.

Archived