Home

Why did it have to die? (no pun intended!)

urluckyday

What did you think of Grim Fandango?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. What did you think of Grim Fandango?

• Why else am I on this forum? BECAUSE I LOVE IT!
    • I just didn't see what was so good about it!
    • It was fine for a while.
    • What the heck is Grim Fandango

Ok, as we all know, Grim Fandango, possibly the best game ever created was a great adventure for those who had it. I have it myself, and I just love it. So, if it was so great and got amazing reviews, why did people not try it out. One of the biggest dissapointments in my life was seeing it not sell very well! If anyone thinks they know, do not hesitate to tell me!!

:manny:

Marketing, unfortunately, makes all the difference when it comes to games. Grim Fandango didn't receive as much as it could have enjoyed, which largely accounted for its initial poor sales.

Another similarly awesome game that suffered the same fate is Beyond Good and Evil, which is commonly heralded on a similar level to Grim Fandango. I don't necessarily agree with that, but it comes pretty damn close.

Hopefully publishers won't make the same mistake with Psychonauts, which as I'm sure you know has been in development by Tim Schafer and his cronies for a number of years now, and is due for release in one month. I doubt they will though, since Majesco seem extremely committed to pushing it into the limelight.

Archived