Home

Baby at center of life-support battle dies

Lady Jedi

You know, things like this are the PRECISE reason you have people lying in wait in a judges home. Waiting for them to come home, so they can shoot the **** out of them. Not that I'd do that, condone, or support such actions. But I think some things the courts should have absolutely no hand in.

*shrugs* Atleast he won't be in pain. I mean, it's sad when people die, especially a little child, but I'd rather be dead than living a half-life (if it was even that).

PS: it's not that they were saying "doctors kill this child", they're making a ruling to where the parents can't sue the hospital. It's part of the contract, doctors do what is in the best interest of the patient. Keeping a kid "alive" only to suffer is not really what I'd call living.

Originally posted by InsaneSith

*shrugs* Atleast he won't be in pain. I mean, it's sad when people die, especially a little child, but I'd rather be dead than living a half-life (if it was even that).

PS: it's not that they were saying "doctors kill this child", they're making a ruling to where the parents can't sue the hospital. It's part of the contract, doctors do what is in the best interest of the patient. Keeping a kid "alive" only to suffer is not really what I'd call living.

I actually do agree with that, it would be a sucky life to live.

*shrugs* I guess they did the right thing...

I'm reminded of this:

"Organ donor programs. Does that **** bother you a little bit? Sounds like Joseph Mengele has been sitting in on some of those meetings or something. The thing that bothers me the most about it is they're run by the motor vehicle bureau. I figure hey, **** if you got to wait on a line that long for a kidney, **** it. Do without. It's the motor vehicle bureau in most states who sends you the little card your supposed to carry right next to your driver's license, in your wallet. A little card, your supposed to fill it out, and on it your supposed to list the organs your willing to give in case you die. Oh, are these people out of their ****ing minds or something? Do you honestly believe that if a paramedic finds that card on you in an automobile accident, he going to try to save your life? Bull****! He's looking for parts man! Absolutely. "Look Dan, here's that lower intestine we've looking for. Nevermind the oxygen, this man's a donor." Bull****, they can have my rectum and my anus. That's all I'm giving, take them and get out of here. Put them in your bag and get the **** out of my life. That's all I'm giving. I don't want some guy poking around in me hoping I die, I want to live. I don't want to die. That's the whole secret of life...not dying! I figured that **** out alone in third grade.

And don't be pulling any plugs on me either. Here's another bunch of macho asshole bull**** floating around this country. People talking about, "Aw pull the plug on me. If I'm ever like that. If I'm comatosed. If I'm like a vegetable. Pull the plug on me." **** you, leave my plug alone. Get an extension chord for my plug. I want everything you got, tubes, chords, plugs, probes, electrodes, IVs. You got something (click), stick it in me man. You find out I got a hole I didn't know I had, put a ****in plug in it. Vegetable ****, I don't care if I look like an artichoke. Ssaaaaave my ass. There's three things I want if I'm ever in that condition. Three things I gotta have. Ice cream, morphine, and television. You give me that ice cream every two hours. Give me that morphine, about...every ten minutes. And turn on the ****ing TV! I wanna see Geraldo! And don't be coming to visit me. I got no time for life people, I'm brain-dead here. Ain't you people got no respect for the brain-dead? Hey, you gotta be brain-dead to watch Geraldo in the first place. You might as well watch it when your clinically brain-dead."-George Carlin.

And I tend to agree. I say more plugs.

sad situation all round, but i'm impressed by the way the hospital handled it:

The ethics committee at Texas Children’s Hospital reviewed Sun’s case before recommending that life support be stopped. Hospital officials also recommended the case be taken to court and offered to pay Hudson’s attorney fees.

In some ways, when you have a no-win situation like this where the parent has to make an impossible choice it is possibly easier on the parent to have the court make the decision for them... that way they can know that their kid is no-longer in pain, but also know that they did everythign they could to keep them alive. Otherwise you might feel guilty for agreeing to have life support turned off.

sad thing. just as bad as the llittle boy last week who was getting a heart transplant to live was refused by hospitals when his families Medicaid was cancelled the day of the operation. he is still alive but for how long is the question.

Archived