Home

Jedi Academy Plot

jedispy

Don't worry, this is relevant to EU.

So in Jedi Academy, Tavion uses the Sith scepter to drain force power from locations where force users existed. However, in the Jedi Outcast, she was present with Desaan when he followed Katarn to the Valley of the Jedi on planet Rosuun. Therefore, why didn't she just go to the Valley of the Jedi and drain all of the power there?

Actually...I do have a mod concept for VOTJ. It tells the tale of how Morgan Katarn and Rahn discover the valley.

Kind of a Dark Forces Prequel.

It's only in concept right now. If anyone else wants to pick up the project, feel free. SOTE MOD is pretty much eating up my free time right now.

Other potential mod projects:

*Tales of the Emperor's Hand - Starring Mara Jade

*Thrawn trillogy (Heir to the Empire, Dark Force Rising, Last Command)

*Son of the Suns - A what if scenario where...

Luke is killed in ROTJ on the DS2 by Emperor P, but due to conviction over the death of his son, Anakin is reborn (kind of a redemption story) and fulfills the prophesy of the Son of the Suns.

There are plenty more where this came from. However Like I said, SOTEMOD is number 1 right now. I'm willing to write story/plot if anyone else wants to head up the other projects.

That is kind of a sticky point, because the Valley was probably more "impregnated" with the Force than any of those other areas combined (and don't start raving about the mighty "Exar Kun" at Yavin 4... the Valley supposedly had thousands of Jedi spirits trapped there). One would think that it alone would have enough power for the whole deal and they wouldn't have had to bother with places like Hoth where Obi-Wan appeared a total of once.

I guess we could theorize that in all that time (after Kyle freed many/most/all of the Jedi Spirits and then tapped the well once more for his "return" to the Force in JK2) there just wasn't much energy left. In fact that's probably the only explanation that would make sense, if Tavion went there and "drained it" and yet still needed all those other areas.

I figured that after the incident with Desann/Fyarr and the Reborns that the New Republic would have blockaded the planet, put up shields, something to keep people from trying to take it.

Clearly keeping its location secret isn't good enough.

Call it a plot device/hole, oh well... ;)

An interesting theory. Honestly I don't know what to think about that whole valley of the Jedi thing. One would think that the Valley's power was totally discharged in Jedi Knight. However....nope.....not done. Apparently it still has all it's power. It made Kyle powerful, and Desaan even more powerful.

I suppose the power of the valley didn't really deplete in Jedi Knight. It sure seemed to be glowing bright. As for Tavion, she wasn't piloting the shuttle, so maybe she didn't know the coordinates. She was kind of a retard in Jedi Outcast after all. It wouldn't suprise me if Kyle found nothing when Luke sent him to check it out.

Speaking of the valley, I never quite understood Morgan Katarn. He was not a Jedi, right? Rahn was his best friend, who was a Jedi. Obviously Morgan must have been force-sensitive sinec Kyle is (of course Mrs. Katarn could have been the genetic host if Morgan wasn't). I'm guessing that Morgan must have had some force training. Afterall, he did appear as a force apparation to Kyle at the valley of the Jedi. What do you guys think?

• 2 weeks later...

jedispy, this is part of the CUSWE entry. As I suspected, there is some background on Morgan Katarn in the Jedi Knight Novel...

this native of Sulon was Kyle Katarn's father. He was also quite sensitive to the Force, but was untrained as a child. He recognized that he had certain gifts when he used the Force to nudge a bully off-balance, sending the other child over a ten-meter cliff to his death. With no witnesses, Morgan told his parents that the bully just slipped, but he kept his knowledge of the Force a secret

:) yes, from the events of the game, it was pretty obvious that Morgan was force sensitive. It also explains Kyle Katarns abilities :)

mtfbwya

Hrm...methinks I need that book. What are the Dark Forces books? I seem to remember one was called Soldier for the Empire...or something like that. Was Kyle a Stormtrooper?

I see great potential for mods. So many mods...so little time.

Originally posted by jedispy

Hrm...methinks I need that book. What are the Dark Forces books? I seem to remember one was called Soldier for the Empire...or something like that. Was Kyle a Stormtrooper?

I see great potential for mods. So many mods...so little time.

yeah, I had one of those books, it prolly was th eone you mention. It basically outlines why Kyle leaves the Imperial Academy IIRC... Cool book. Takes you right up until he goes on the mission to rectrieve the death star plans(the start of the Dark Forces game) speaking of Dark Forces... now *theres* a mod :)

mtfbwya

The prequels establish that you need not have Force Sensitive parents in order to be Force sensitive yourself.

Anakin for example. But even if you disregard him as special ("the Chosen One") consider how a celibate order like the Jedi Knights would ever continue if the only way to pass on the Force was through sexual reproduction?

Are they just all cheating hypocrites about their celibate vows?

If they just donate to the local fertility clinic, why don't they have more than 10,000 Jedi in a galaxy wide civilization that surely has quintillions of inhabitants?

So it would have made perfect sense to have Kyle simply born Force sensitive and not realized it until later in life. His father and mother need not have had any powers to speak of.

However, Jedi Outcast was made before AOTC, which established that the Jedi Order was celibate. The Raven developers probably felt the need to make Morgan "a Jedi" in order to explain Kyle's force sensitivity.

Anyway, that's behind us know. Apparently Morgan had the Force, and he was even able to appear after death (though the fact that he appeared in the Valley may have something to do with it, since he apparently wasn't some incredibly powerful or knowledgable Jedi like the ones who have been established to have appeared after death... see also the prequels on the rarity of post-death appearances for force users).

Well I'm not so sure about the non-force sensitive parents thing. Anakin wasn't conceived by a force sensitive father. He was, as Qui Gonn pointed out, conceived by the Midichoriate. His existence is due to what Qui Gonn refers to as a vergence in the force. His father was the force.

Since George Lucas established a biological cause for force sentivity (midichlorian count), it supports the genetic belief all the more.

Anyway, I agree that in Dark Forces, they didn't plan on making Kyle a Jedi. It was in Jedi Knight that they came up with that one.

I always wondered how Kyle was able to become so powerful in Jedi Knight with no former force training. It makes me wonder if Rahn gave him a few pointers when he was a kid.

As for the Jedi celebacy, I think the idea is that there are/were enough force sensitive people in the galaxy where the Jedi didn't need to reproduce. (Ki Adi Mundi is the only Jedi in the prequels who was allowed to marry and have kids since his species is endangered. He's also the only member of the Jedi Council in EP I & II who wasn't a Master)

I've always believed that Palpatines purges were first against the Jedi, but then second against potential Jedi (a.k.a. force sensitive and force attuned people.) But that's just how I saw it.

Originally posted by jedispy

....I've always believed that Palpatines purges were first against the Jedi, but then second against potential Jedi (a.k.a. force sensitive and force attuned people.) But that's just how I saw it.

perhaps, bit theres nothing in the movies or EU to support this... I know the 2006 TV series will feature teh jedi purge in some part, but Im not sure it will go that far ??

mtfbwya

theres nothing in the movies or EU to support this

You are right. It was just what I assumed. Of course not ALL force sensitive people were hunted down. Vader and Emperor P most certainly would have sensed Leia's potential, as well as the guys who are in the throne room with Emperor P in ROTJ (can't remember their names, but supposedly they are force sensitive).

Archived