Home

Boot Camp begins!

Kurgan

See today's news on:

http://www.republiccommando.net/

The site can be hopped to here. Notice the right sidebar on RC.net now displays all the links for the Boot Camp section.

Boot Camp Training is now in session!

Visit the site, post your feedback, email me your comments. Let's get this thing going.

The site's purpose is to provide the background info that the manual that came with the game didn't provide for Multiplayer, basic tips and skills that are helpful, as well as (eventually) putting up more advanced tactics to improve peoples' game.

I've tried to make it also "in character" (from the point of view of a hard Drill Sergeant for the Commandos) so it should be a lot of fun. ;)

Well, even though there are no modding tools out, I don't plan to add any, as the page is devoted to MP strategy and info, not editing.

I hope somebody else will create an editing page (or three) and some content there.

I've never done UT engine editing anyway, so I'd be learning from scratch myself! Once there are tools I might try my hand at it, but I may not have time or desire. I dunno.

Suffice to say, Bootcamp is about strategy, not modding.

• 4 months later...

Sorry about the lack of updates guys. After I beat SP (upon seeing ROTS in theaters) I kinda got burned out on the game. In between being distracted with JA and not having much time via work/school it's just kind of gone by the wayside. If I had some more material to update the site with (say, an article on CTF/Assault) that would pretty much finish it for me, unless the mod community and/or LucasArts releases some new quality content or updates. :p

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

See my other post about updates. If someone sent me something substantial and it didn't require me to rewrite most of it, I would post that (on the weekends when I have a bit more time). I actually have site access again, but there's been zero development on the game (and very little mod activity). I just haven't had time (or desire, sadly) to play it anymore, though it was a great game (with a lot of potential that was squandered by LA and all involved).

As far as finishing up those few pages I originally committed to, I could do that, it would only take a few hours, but I have no ballpark figures for when I would do that. But feel free to email me any of your ideas (kurgan at qwest dot net).

Archived