Home

wtf of the century

RpTheHotrod

Well, at least in my life :p

I've suddenly developed something weird. Anytime I see a source of light at night (ie headlights of incomng cars or street lights), there is a small black "hole" in the bottom left of the circle of light. It's just there for every single light source...wtf? IE....if I saw 20 lights ahead, I'd see 20 black holes, one in each light source.

Originally posted by ZBomber

It's a blind spot, a part of your eye where the pupil cannot see a certain part of light, and it makes it black.

If that's the case, then it could be because of a hole or tear in the retina, and should be checked A.S.A.P. If caught early enough, the condition is treatable. :)

@RP: Have you been in any sort of accident of gotten hit on the head recently? That could cause a retinal injury, therefore creating a black or blind spot. :) Anyway you might want to go to this page. There's a lot of links there that might help you figure it out.

It's clearly not a blindspot...because it isn't in one place.

It's just in every "light source".

Meaning....it's not in one set place. If a light is at the very right and moves to the left...the blackspot stays with the light and moves from right to left.

this is hardly a wtf.... when weird things are happening with your body, most people usually go to a doctor, sheez :p Ive got an ingrown toenail atm.... OMG WTF !!!1101

nah, its from running with tight shoes :)

I would suggest you review with your GP, who may suggest review by an optometrist/opthamologist as required....

and yeah, try and normalise your sleep patterns. When the eyes are tired they do strange things fella

mtfbwya

Originally posted by RpTheHotrod

Strange...I'm fine now.

Maybe it's because I didn't go to sleep till 10am and woke up at 7:30pm

o_O

hehe

If it only lasted that long, then it was probably not your eyes, but your brain. You were probably having a migrane (possibly caused by fatigue), same kinda thing happend to me, only it was like a blind spot that was always there, like if I looked straight at something it would dissapear, like in that page rhett linked to. It was almost like I had x-ray vision. :p

And if I wanted to read something i'd have to sort of look away slightly.

But yeah, the doctors said it was because of a migrane, I had no headache either. I dunno, though, it coulda been your eyes, i'm no expert.

Archived