Home

Compy Trouble

legameboy

Well, my PC is mad at me... jealous of my Mac, probably. :xp:

Dear Swampsters,

For the past few days, any audio output device (speakers, headphones, etc) I plug into my computer won't play any sound. I can be trying to watch the Episode III trailer for the umpteenth time, and I will get no sound no matter how high up I turn the volume on the speakers or computer audio settings. I like my sound.

Thanks in advance for your graceful help,

Leggy

Um, you probably already have, but check your sound settings on the bar beside your date/time. Sometimes mine get's set to mute all, which would cause your problem.

If you have worked in your computer lately, check the sound wires are still attached to their jumpers.

Originally posted by legameboy

I checked my sound settings again, and nothing is muted. I haven't worked on my computer and I haven't installed any new drivers. =\

Well, maybe the speakers are to blame, take the speakers and hook them up to your Mac and see if sound comes out.

TiE

Originally posted by TiE 23

Well, maybe the speakers are to blame, take the speakers and hook them up to your Mac and see if sound comes out.

TiE

Originally posted by legameboy

For the past few days, any audio output device (speakers, headphones, etc)...

:wstupid::xp:

Maybe your sound card just flat out died. It happened to one of my only computer geek friends at school. It sucks, but it happens sometimes.

You need to plug the speaker/headset in the "green" plug.

:^:

Experienced this problem a couple of times over the years; reinstall (dont just update) your sound drivers. You should have gotten a cd with purchase

Otherwise, something that often did the trick for me, is to install CMEDIA CMI codecs

http://www.cmedia.com.tw/e_download_01.htm

download one of those codecs, for your preferred operating system

check your device manager, does it report any probs or conflicts with the sound card.

uninstall you soundcard from the device manager and reinstall. (xp will do it automagically when you restart)

this make a difference ?

yes I blame your mac. macs are evil :p

mtfbwya

Archived