Home

Bao-dur and robes

tmhe

Originally posted by

Drazin

@Prime: Bite me.

Easy fella. ;) (yes, I know it is really late)

Originally posted by

Drazin

You have a better reason? lets hear it.

From your profile you should be in the work force and thus know enough that business decisions don't get made on the part of laziness. At least not corporate decisions. Or are you saying that companies don't do things because they just don't feel like it?

Originally posted by Emperor Devon

What other reason could there be?

There could be many reasons, but "laziness" isn't one of them. It's not like they are sitting around saying, "we could do it, but I think we'd just rather sit around eating pizza and playing cards." :)

They decided that the character was going to have this "condition" with his arm. As we all know making special versions for each set of clothing/armour would require extra modifications to the model and textures for it to work for him. They have limited budget and time. Perhaps they realized that this extra work couldn't be done with the current resources.

Perhaps there were technical issues that weren't known at the beginning in regards to editing the model to accomidate the arm. Since there was probably a lot of work completed up to that point, it might have been decided that to overcome these issues in time they had to prevent him from wearing certain clothing.

Just a few of possibly many reasons. :)

Originally posted by Wardyn

a couple replys toward the start someone said that maybe Bao- dur could wear the robes from kotor, in many pitures of kotor2 that i've seen i see lots of pics of the main character wearing robes from the first game. Is it possibly to get those robes or is it a mod someone did?

As jedigoku said please read the forum rules (sticky in the holowan thread) for more information about why discussion of porting assets between games is prohibited.

That being said, the model and some textures for the kotor jedi robes are included in the TSL game files. Because of this, with some modifications they are usable in that game. Whether they can be made to work with Bao-Dur I don't know.

Originally posted by jedigoku

but wouldn't that require creating a completely new model with animations and everything.

i thought that was impossible

It would certainly take some heavy modifying, at the very least.

Originally posted by Smilodon

You gain influence with him when you do good things, but it's also possible to make him fully DS.

But its darn hard considering he starts out at like 60-75% lightside :rolleyes:

But I still wish the big whi.... GUY ( ;P ) could wear heavy armor and robes *sigh*

Nah, I got him to dark mastery after completing the first planet after Telos. But there is this very annoying alignment bug that prevents most characters from keeping dark mastery -_-

Originally posted by The_Maker

But I still wish the big whi.... GUY ( ;P ) could wear heavy armor and robes *sigh*

Yea, try the charged armor ChAiNz made for him, that one works like a heavy armor and also allows the use of force powers ^^

I think they made the "restriction" on him to break up the characters a bit, it does make him unique in the party. We've experimented over in Holowan with utilizing "pieces" of him to get around that and make him wear robes BUT due to his model being "funky" he's got a floating head problem ;)

I'd highly suggest ChAiNz.2da's Charged Armor MOD for him like was stated above.

It doesn't bother me that he can't wear a Jedi's robe, BUT there have been several that weren't known for wearing robes in the SW universe. I've yet to see a pic of Nomi Sunrider in one. :D

:ben:

General Kenobi

Well of course :D

You guys/gals who get tired of Bao as he is and wants a new look; try using Ktool to do a simple utc edit for him and make him someone else. I'm playing through right now using a Twelik Jedi Master from KOTOR I as Bao and I like it MUCH better. Quarren's are another good Bao standin for a change of pace as well ;)

:ben:

General Kenobi

OO

Quarrens? You can't be serious? :p

Jedi Robes in general don't suit for a half-mechanoid like Bao-Dur. I used the Electromesh Armor back in the days when I played TSL unaltered, using non-restrictive force powers all the time which was a bit boring as you can imagine...

Archived