Home

KOTOR Series and It's Place in Star Wars

The Source

When I was visiting another site, I found the following link, which may bring the KOTOR series into the fold of Star Wars.

http://www.answers.com/topic/dates-in-star-wars

If you felt that KOTOR II was a sequal in a trilogy then you may be correct. In the attached link there are spoilers, and a summary of the Star Wars universe. From the beginning to the end.

I thought you will all be intrested in the information.

--------

My thoughts on KOTOR II may have been premature. After I reead the above link, KOTOR II started to make some sence. Therefore, I retract my opinion on the storyarch of the game, and wait an see the series through to the end.

Keep Modding,

MacLeodCorp

We already know when this takes place.. 4,000 years before The Phantom Menace.. and the intelligent population of this board(i.e. most members that post, and aren't lurkers), could easily tell there'd be a third game based on the ending of the 2nd game.. plus I think LucasArts announced there'd be a third one, didnt they?

After the creation of KOTOR II, Obsidian had problems with negotiations with Lucas Arts for a KOTOR III. Therefore, KOTOR III was in hiatus. There was no question that another would be created, but when is the answer. If you go to the link I provided, you will see a timeline of when events of KOTOR occured in the Star Wars series. What I didn't know was that other events, not in the KOTOR series, have been previously established. Therefore, I thought people would be intrested in seeing the whole picture. KOTOR is not the only series, which was based on events that occures 4,000 years before Episode I.

Heck, given potential profitability, there could be Kotor 10, where you actually find out you're the physical manifestation of a bunch of dreaming dead things. Wait....that sounds familiar...

Seriously, the developers may change, based on how much LA wants to exert its control and be difficult, but if the game's still got legs, they'll let it run until it dies.

Personally, as my recent weeks have been spent immersed mroe in Republic Commando than TSL (starting again tho), I'm hoping there's more chapters to Republic Commando, it has a chance to be a nice franchise like Jedi Knight turned into.

Archived