Home

Patch?

RipperKB

Originally posted by RipperKB

Any new information regarding a patch?, ive completed the game but i want to play through again with the new patch they said they were making... Have they deicided not to bother?, whats taking so long... :(

Patches take time to test. According to what Mike Gallo posted, it's only been in QA for a couple of weeks. A little patience will go a long way.

Lets also consider that the game has not even been out 2 full months for the PC so there hasn't been that much real world programming time to a honest degree to find and fix every glitch already been discovered. While many of us in the modding community have slapped out hordes of mods the quality control alone on that could be considered a joke. However the irony is our mods have little to no bugs due to there simplicity.

These things do take time. I have one game that I had to wait a year before they released a patch. By the time the patch came out I didn't really care to play the game again.

I'm not too worried they say "soon" so i'm sure it'l be soon.

Now whether it actually fixes all the bugs is another thing. For that we can only wait and see and then determine if it was worth the time its been taking to release the patch.

April 1st 2026.

4/1/2026, San Rafael, CA. PRESS RELEASE.

Star Wars® Knights of the Old Republic® II: The Sith Lords? long awaited first patch was officially released today without much fanfare, mainly because the game is already in it's 10th incarnation, Star Wars® Knights of the Old Republic® X: The Search for the First Patch, was released 4 months ago. Amazingly this astonishing turn of events occurred due to a QA technician by the name of Joe Schmoe at Lucasarts found the patch canadite in an old email from 2005.

'We were doing some server updates and installing the new AMD/Intel PentAthlon X processors in our systems when I noticed this very old email from Obsidian Entertainment. It contained a list of bug fixes and was suppose to be tested by me in March 2005. Amazingly at the time I ignored the email and went back to playing God of War. Well finding the patch at this time, I ran it through some quick testing (the company would only allow 1 hour of testing but hey, it's better than nothing) and let me say, that it took some serious emulation to get it working on a modern system. I mean I haven't seen a XP system in about 18 years! Well here you are, enjoy!'

As of this writing, Joe Schmoe as been liquidated for utter stupidity and costing the company 1 hour of productivity. Be assurred Lucasarts Transglobal cares about it's subjects, umm customers.

Originally posted by Achilles

Patches take time to test. According to what Mike Gallo posted, it's only been in QA for a couple of weeks. A little patience will go a long way.

Wise advice, would have been nice if LA had taken it when they did the QA for TSL.

Though now there are many people whom are fresh out of patience due to the fact that they can't even play the game due to errors and crashes, or those whom can't even install it due to installation errors. :(

^^

*sigh*

Again.....

I've seen the exact post at 3 out of 3 boards tonight....

Guess if something gets a laugh once why not do it a thousand times everywhere that can be thought of.....

*crawls back into his hole...*

edit- sorry if that comes off as harsh... a day & 1/2 without sleep does it to you...

Originally posted by damacles

Though now there are many people whom are fresh out of patience due to the fact that they can't even play the game due to errors and crashes, or those whom can't even install it due to installation errors. :(

hope's not completely lost for everyone with problems. we've had some success in solving a number of problems in the Workbench forum ranging from simple driver issues to weird Installshield problems.

hopefully most of the issues we deal with in that forum will be dealt with in the patch. otherwise.... :headbump:

just kidding. i really don't mind helping. its just that when it turns into a full-time job....

i too am patiently waiting this magic patch i have played tsl and would like to do so again but i am not too keen on playing a game that will for no aparent reason crash a lot, mind you i was rather glad when i came back to the lucas forums to find that i was not alone at that it was a bug in the game rather than my crap heap of a pc

so i will bide my time probably by playing kotor1 or lego star wars or i might play never winter nights, max payne, max payne 2, or just any game i enjoy that doesnt crash while im playing it:D

Originally posted by FiEND_138

^^

*sigh*

Again.....

I've seen the exact post at 3 out of 3 boards tonight....

Guess if something gets a laugh once why not do it a thousand times everywhere that can be thought of.....

*crawls back into his hole...*

edit- sorry if that comes off as harsh... a day & 1/2 without sleep does it to you...

No biggie...me? I'm stuck in the hospital undergoing cancer treatments so time is all I have. Mind you, not everyone on this board visits other boards and so on.

Originally posted by The Hidden One

Are they gonna make a patch for the Xbox? Hope so....

i doubt they'll call it a patch for the xbox but they might call it downloadable content from xbox live and insist its new stuff for the game even though they said before it was released this wasnt going to happen

but they'll insist it isnt a patch for the xbox ;)

um does the xbox version have as many bugs as the pc version :confused:

Originally posted by Aleggy

i doubt they'll call it a patch for the xbox but they might call it downloadable content from xbox live and insist its new stuff for the game even though they said before it was released this wasnt going to happen

but they'll insist it isnt a patch for the xbox ;)

um does the xbox version have as many bugs as the pc version :confused:

Slightly more. Well arguable, no install bugs, but they had a few more in game bugs... Largely they are pretty identical in their bug content however.

The irky part is that it appears that TSL isn't Live Enabled (aware yes, Enabled, no). Of course, I'm not sure how possible/viable a patch for the xbox version would be given that it isn't Live Enabled (Aware, yes).

well i guess that kind of proves that they rushed it out for christmas because they stoped working on the pc format so that they could bas all there resorces to have the xbox released asap as much as us fans wanted tsl asap we also wanted a finish product

damn you lucas arts:swear: :mob:

Originally posted by Toa Tahu

I heard somewhere that they're gonna charge US$7 for the patch.Is this true?

they could only ask for money if it qualifies as an expansion pack, which means it would add a substantial amount of content into the game.

Quoting John Morgan, Assistant producer at OE forums

The patch has been considered packaged and ready to go several times by us. But so far every time something happens and we are forced to redo one aspect of it or change something. The honest truth is that for the past few weeks it has been "yeah, it'll be this Monday" for us as well.

and

All technical support goes through LucasArts so it's up to them what we fix, what we don't, and how many patches we work on and release.

At last some clarification...

source:

Thread

Originally posted by Palpatine_dc

(snip).....

At last some clarification...

source:

Thread

Ahh...It is nice to finally know what is going on. But did you read what he said on page 9?

http://forums.obsidianent.com/index.php?showtopic=32918&st=120

Originally posted by FaramirK

Everything I have read leads me to believe that Obsidian views the game as done.

Originally posted by 213374U

The game is officially complete, yes. But there was a post from Chris Avellone stating they had asked LA for permission to do a "content" patch. The extent of the changes such patch would effect is unknown. That post lasted a day or so before the whole thread was deleted.

Don't hold your hopes too high.

Originally posted by John Morgan, Assistant producer

Rejected and subject was closed.

Not unexpected but still a little sad :( Anybody remember when LA was a great publisher and really cared about their customers? (X-wing and tie-fighter)

Azuth

Originally posted by Sivy

they could only ask for money if it qualifies as an expansion pack, which means it would add a substantial amount of content into the game.

ok maybe im just a cinic but if this 'patch' includes an alternate ending plus all the things that need to be change or added they might try to say it is an expansion pack

Archived