Home

Please, laugh at EA now

lukeiamyourdad

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What I really didn't understand about that article, was that this is bad news for the entire game industry, because

if EA can't succeed, then who can.

Oh, I don't know, maybe the competetors that actually ARE outselling them? I think that means that they make money, ergo are doing well...

Originally posted by tags

no reason to laugh, they were a good company and there goin down now, i think it sucks...

It's clear you've had your head stuck under a rather large rock for the past few months. :xp:

Anyways, hopefully this is the beginning of the end for the EA monopoly. If we're lucky we'll have seperate development companies flourishing as a result, but chances are that we'll just end up with another monopoly.

I like their 007 games. But to be honest, the way they treat their employees is unacceptable in any ethical business owner's perspective, and should be unacceptable in the public's eyes too.

Come on, working 7 days a week, 12 hours a day? Oh wait... if they "behave" they get out early on Saturday at 6:30. :rolleyes:

Its history though, every empire comes crashing down eventually. Although I can't see EA going anywhere for a long while.

EA Games kick ass. Don't believe me? Who cares? I like alot of their games and will keep buying them as long as they keep making good ones. Fight Night Round 2 is currently dominating my PS2 game time, and the BF games are in regular rotation on my pc. So they've thrown a Wal Mart style monopoly on the gaming industry. BFD. Quit whining. WoW? What is that? Oh yeah, that crap game where little monsters and **** have silly little circles around their tiny little feet. EA will probably buy the rights to that piece of crap in the near future. So EA doesn't own WoW. I'm sure that really hurts their sales. :rolleyes:

And what's all this nonsense about EA treating their employees poorly? News to me. I'd ask for a source, but fact is I don't care. I'm sure most of the same people bitching about that sort of thing are wearing name brand clothing that was made in a third world sweat shop somewhere. Hypocrites. You can't stand to see someone doing better than you. How come the law of survival of the fittest applies to every thing but major corporations?

Originally posted by narfblat

Good job, Tie. I was thinking about that, but I was too lazy to look for or edit a picture of Nelson.

"EA Sports, it's in the game!"

replced by:

"EA Dorks, they're kinda lame!"

Danke. :D

111cig_monopoly.jpg

Ehh, Im going to bed >_>

TiE

Originally posted by CapNColostomy

And what's all this nonsense about EA treating their employees poorly? News to me.

Well you can hardly make a relevant comment to something you obviously have no knowledge about eh? :p

So EA doesn't own WoW. I'm sure that really hurts their sales.

EA shares fell 13 percent on the news, it's the first time the company has issued a profit warning. Successful games from rivals such as World of Warcraft, Halo 2 and GTA were seen as having a major impact on EA sales.

Why yes, it certainly DOES hurt their sales.

I dont see the big deal.... EA is so freakin huge, with its subsidiaries and offshoots, they distribute(they distribute Lucasarts titles here in Australia) more than any other game co... this is likely to show up in their expenditure vs profits...

This doesnt mean the company is about to fold. Investments Microsoft make fail spectacularly, yet they dont make it to the swamp, to be dissected by the swamps highly skilled post pubescent and frat boy analysts...

WoW... not my cup of tea. Whereas astro is always up for a great social game of FIFA Soccer or NHL etc.

at the end of the day, this is all about freakin MONEY. No one give a flying fruit about what is the best game engine, what has the gameplay to make the gaming universe happy. If this was all about labour of love style of games, we'd obviously have much much less to choose from and much less competition in this market.....

ET, put your monopoly money where your mouth is and linky us to some news source refs about EA mistreating their employees. Sure it might be true, but you dont expect us to take your word for it, you are after all a tad biased on this issue :p

mtfbwya

Originally posted by Astrotoy7

ET, put your monopoly money where your mouth is and linky us to some news source refs about EA mistreating their employees. Sure it might be true, but you dont expect us to take your word for it, you are after all a tad biased on this issue :p

Find it yourself, it was posted way back.

Seeing as how everyone here clearly hates EA, I have to wonder. Where did they get so filthy ****ing rich? I mean, nobody here would ever buy a game from these filthy rat bastard child molesting whore cocksucker grandmother raping evil tyrants, right? Were the people making these games turning right around and buying them by the truckload themselves on payday? Surely EA didn't build their fortune on Astro's and my money alone.

Archived