Home

Please, laugh at EA now

lukeiamyourdad

Originally posted by Prime

In the end, if you want superior profits, make superior games.

That quote SOOOOO goes with your Av. :p

And MTV 2, I really didn't have much respect for you in the first place, but your insults, and completely ignorant statements just made me lose every bit of respect towards you.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good news indeed for EA, but how long will this last...

Originally posted by Dagobahn Eagle As for me, I don't even know if I should buy BF 2 or just download it and donate some anonymous cash money to DICE Sweden. DICE earns money, EA doesn't. Sounds good to me.

I wish DICE would just break ties with EA after BF2... Otherwise, anything with the EA logo I will never buy. :(

It's more a sarcastic laughter then anything else.

And to answer your question, because they're crazy monopolistic freaks, their games are mostly rehashes of old ones, they screwed Battlefield Vietnam, barf out who knows how many expansion for the Sims, etc.

Don't get me wrong, there are advantages to a monopoly. Just not an EA one.

Originally posted by Acrylic

And MTV 2, I really didn't have much respect for you in the first place, but your insults, and completely ignorant statements just made me lose every bit of respect towards you.

Yup. EA.... bluh... please go awayeeeeee.....

TiE

Originally posted by lukeiamyourdad

I know this is a very old thread, but I thought that making a new one would be pointless.

EA profits drop 91%

Rather than be the downfall of EA forever, that just means they spent much more than they did in the previous financial period, which isnt surprising considering all theyve absorbed...

EA is far from dead...so put your binary watches back on, and crack open another can o' mountain dew geekboys

I have to admit 90% of the gamers i know in Oz(including myself) really dont care about this argument because they hardly pay full price for EA title anyway :D

mtfbwya

Originally posted by KBell

i cant wait for Madden 2006 :)

Me neither, then you can stop posting that same sentence over and over and over and over. Never saying anything of substance to give us a reason NOT to dislike EA, merely pointing out that you DONT care about the employees they've abused, not only in their own company, but all the other companies whose employees are out of work thanks to their delightful business practices.

Nor do you seem to care about the implications of this all. Video games are being taken out of control of the developers and put into the hands of corporations. And one thing I know about corporations is they don't like innovation. They like safe, well trodden areas where they know they'll get profit. Just turn on your TV if you want an example. how many CSI's and Law and Orders and REALITY SHOWS are there? I shudder to think where the video game industry may be headed.

And to answer your question, because they're crazy monopolistic freaks, their games are mostly rehashes of old ones, they screwed Battlefield Vietnam, barf out who knows how many expansion for the Sims, etc.

Don't forget the employee abuse, and their RAPE AND MURDER of the James Bond license.

Ive said it before and I shall say it again

EAs abuse of the bank balances of the middle class around the world should be reported to the UN, and to

http://www.amnesty.org

seriously, most pplz compys are made in China right. Even if assembled and serviced in your home nation, their components are assembled in China...

China has a list of human rights abuses the size of a tall tree.. remember Tian-Anmen square, and what about Tibet, Taiwan... The cds your "non ea" pc/console games are printed on were made in China etc etc People work there for *peanuts* and get thrown in jail for printing material or making websites that may paint the government in a negative light...

why dont you all bitch about that ? Why dont you all violently object and send your compys back....

Far from defending EA, they are just behaving like a corporation protecting their own interests.... It is just teh same that most corporations dont mind basing tehir manufacturing in china, because its so damn cheap.. It is the result of the supply-demand juggernaut that is capitalism...

Far too much money is involved in the gaming industry nowdays for anyone to give a **** about what is supposedly right/wrong, good quality or not....

I cant wait for next gen FIFA Soccer either :D

mtfbwya

Originally posted by ET Warrior

...Just turn on your TV if you want an example. how many CSI's and Law and Orders and REALITY SHOWS are there?...

The only problem with this is that Law and Order doesn't suck.

Originally posted by Astrotoy7

The cds your "non ea" pc/console games are printed on were made in China etc etc

Wrong. Mine, and most others are processed in Korea, Taiwan, and Canada. Yes, Canada.

why dont you all bitch about that ?

How do you know we don't?

I cant wait for next gen FIFA Soccer either :D

FIFA sucks.

Originally posted by InsaneSith

... FIFA sucks.....

ah sithy, you me laugh :p

There are two great soccer games in existence, teh FIFA and Pro Evolution series. Whilst I like both, I favour FIFA for many reasons... :D what you say about it doesnt really matter :D

*cant wait to play FIFA on PSP on next holiday !!!*

mtfbwya

Never saying anything of substance to give us a reason NOT to dislike EA, merely pointing out that you DONT care about the employees they've abused, not only in their own company, but all the other companies whose employees are out of work thanks to their delightful business practices.

Should I be arguing about how the employees are treated? Thats my choice, not yours. So if I choose to state my excitement over the upcoming Madden game, then I sure as hell will :)

Originally posted by TK-8252

Exactly, because a company that abuses its employees, customers, and the gaming industry, is a good company. :roleyess:

with that rational i guess you can also say that Blizzzard and Vevendi Enternainment is a good company also.

I honestly don't care about the emplyees. If they don't like the way they're being treated, they can do something about it.

they sure can... look at the entire family of the diablo creators that left with Bill Roper... they created Flagship Studios.

Originally posted by InsaneSith

The only problem with this is that Law and Order doesn't suck.

Agreed, but they've taken the success of it to make more, simply because they know it's a tried and true model.

China has a list of human rights abuses the size of a tall tree..

Of course they do. Chinese sweatshops, and, additionaly the Maquiladoras in latin America are absolutely terrible places. The workers are physically and sexually abused, they work in unsafe conditions, work 12 hour days 7 days a week with one day a month for vacation, all while earning maybe 22 cents and hour with no overtime pay.

HOWEVER, that is the ONLY choice those people have. There is nowhere else for them to make any money, which is why they're willing to put up with that crap. A boycot of the products produced by sweatshop labor hurts the workers, because the first people to start feeling the loss of profit will be the workers. I honestly don't know what the solution to the problem is, but a boycot is NOT it.

Originally posted by Nalukai

they sure can... look at the entire family of the diablo creators that left with Bill Roper... they created Flagship Studios.

But that's not a really viable solution for all the employees of EA. Firstly, it takes a lot of money to make a company, and a lot MORE money to fund a video game design process. Plus you'd have to get people from all branches of the creation process to join.

Additionally, I'm curious what the employees should do about it Phreak.

And the FIFA's after FIFA world cup have sucked.

Additionally, I'm curious what the employees should do about it Phreak.

Well, if EA is breaking labor laws, then the employees should report it and take it to court, ect. Which I believe some employees are actually doing.

There's also strikes...

...And the FIFA's after FIFA world cup have sucked.

now thats interesting you said that, because FIFA 2003 was essentially the trial for an entirely new system, making the game less arcade like incorporating different elements... FIFA 2002 was in many ways a souped up version of the psOne version,,,, It took me a year to get my head around it but by FIFA 2004 the devs, having listened *very well* to the multitude of players worldwide incorporated some of the much needed tweaks. This was when my fondness for the series was rejunevated of course,and 2005 was even more of an improvement on its predecessor... its funny that the next gen FIFA will probably have to go through the same evolution :)

I find it interesting that there is no union, youd think theyd fall under the same umbrella as any other creative artist....

mtfbwya

Archived