Home

EP3-Lego Star Wars-

darthviper107

Well, I exported the md3's from Max 5 and then put them in the same folder as the textures, loaded up md3view and of course it shows up without textures, so I made a skin file for the model and loaded it up in md3view and they're in there, and then I export the md3 from there expecting that it will keep the texture paths, but if I reopen that new md3(it saves it over the old one) it comes up without and textures...I've done this before, I don't know what's wrong...

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by darthviper107

Well, I exported the md3's from Max 5 and then put them in the same folder as the textures, loaded up md3view and of course it shows up without textures, so I made a skin file for the model and loaded it up in md3view and they're in there, and then I export the md3 from there expecting that it will keep the texture paths, but if I reopen that new md3(it saves it over the old one) it comes up without and textures...I've done this before, I don't know what's wrong...

Here's what works for me:

1.Make sure your .skin file has the same name as your .md3 file

Let's say i make a saber called psyko.md3, the .skin file will be named psyko.skin and contain the name of the model followed by the texture path like this:

saber_w,models/weapons2/psyko/saber.jpg

2.saber_w is the default name given to your hilt in 3d max (or put the name you used instead).

place the .skin and texture in the model's path, in this case:

models/weapons2/psyko/saber.jpg

3.Load the model into md3view and import the skin (go to file then import skin), then write a .glm/.md3 with the new skin applied.

Hope this can solve your problem.

I figured out the .md3 thing, I had to use Milkshape 3D though. It didn't really matter though because I was just using the md3s for explosion pieces and they only work on the Jedi Starfighter, I tried it on the tri-fighter but when it exploded the game froze, I guess it was too many polys or something.

BTW-I've put up the full pack of all three ships on pcgamemods

Hopefully I can do more stuff...

Archived