Home

SWBF2: Sequel Megathread! - Discuss Battlefront 2 Here!

Ch1cago88

It isn't a bad idea for a mod but I doubt trying to please hardcore players will make them gain much money. It sounds too much like franchise milking for my taste and I'd rather keep KOTOR an RPG serie.

By story, I mean a fully written story with mission objectives and character development. That's what a story is. What we saw in SWBF1 was only a single player game mode, a group of missions, put together without any real link other then being battles in the Star Wars universe.

I've always wanted a Call of Duty-esque Star Wars game where you would participate as a foot soldier in the Star Wars battles. There isn't exactly a story here neither, but the scripted battles can be epic and a lot of fun.

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Personally I think Battlefront has so many flaws in it that starting from scratch in the code makes more sense than trying to fix this one. I love the game, don't get me wrong, but so many things are noticeably wrong with BF and would certainly have seemed easy to fix...and haven't been addressed. At least from the looks of things. Walls shooting you? AI units, who should have similiar attainable skill levels to human players, can operate turrets with one shot accuracy while it's absolutely impossible for humans (due to the way turrets move). The list is long and we've all gone over pretty much all the errors and flaws by now and LA hasn't fixed them. And lately, after the Jabba Palace release, even more things are acting screwy.

Maybe it makes more sense for a re-do and put it on disk instead of trying to download a ton more code.

Anyway, love the game, but I'm really worried about the community dying before it has a chance to catch on. Little things make a difference, and we're waiting on those little things to get attention.

Huh. I don't think it could get that much worse. Half the people that used to talk here are doing other stuff. I'm not playing BF at the moment actually but I still like to get on and post. I think that, if anything, will grow a little or a lot depending on how good BF2 is or the fact of expansion or new game.

It is definite that you will be able to control the turrets on the Star Destroyers, Mon Calamari Cruisers, etc. as it is stated in the PC Gamers article about the game. This makes it very likely that you'll be able to actually travel in the ship. However, I'm wondering if you'd actually be able to go to like the Star Destroyer Bridge and look out into the space to see the battle cause that would be really cool. And what's even cooler is that one of the new classes is Imperial Officer so you can be at the bridge and look at the battle and give orders to the crew like you're the captain! Man that would be so cool. I can't wait for this game!

Well, in battlefield 1942 demo you could control the big ships yourself ;)

And why shouldn't they put the jedi in, it will be cool, really, but they may not be possible to reflect rockets from the heavy class, just blaster shots.

I think they are going to make it so that only one person can be a jedi at a time, or at least only a limited number of jedi so not everyone can be them at once.

A jedi army might work for some maps though... like a geonosis arena battle where everyone on the rebublic side is a jedi but you few reinforcement points, and only control one CP, the CIS would start out with better CP's and they would have alot more reinforcement points, the object would be to survive until the clone army arrives for the rebublic or to try to wipe out all the jedi for the CIS, however a jedi army fight could get old fast and should only be on certain maps.

It IS possible to balance jedi vs shooters.

Really, they just aren't possible to reflect the heavy weapons. They can only push them away with force.

And if they do a force bar just like the jetpack fuel bar, then it isn't overpowered.

Just look at the JK series. I've played the second and third and you can die multiple ways as a jedi there. ;)

Theres a certain sniper rifle that can't be blocked by a Jedi light sabre, as well as missiles (force push deflecting is only option for missiles), and you can also be shot in the back. Limiting the force using by a 'force gauge' is also implemented in the JK series.

If they use those same balancing rules for a jedi class in SWBF2 it should do fine.

Originally posted by maxloef

i also saw a shot of the tantive 4 and you know what would be even cooler?

cotnrolling the start destroyers :p

i think they shouldnt put jedi in though then wel get like a jedis only server.

Well you WILL be able to control the turrets and guns on the Star Destroyer, so why not be able to manuver it too? I think it would really be stupid if they don't allow you to move it. That's just my opinion though.

Well you WILL be able to control the turrets and guns on the Star Destroyer, so why not be able to manuver it too? I think it would really be stupid if they don't allow you to move it. That's just my opinion though.

Umm, maps have there limits, if you could move an entire star destoyer, it wont go very far, so the possibly is very low.

Originally posted by PhireStorm

Umm, maps have there limits, if you could move an entire star destoyer, it wont go very far, so the possibly is very low.

But then you're telling me that all the Star Destroyer will do is just stand there? And I think I even read in the article that fighters will be able to board MOVING ships. And even if you can't manuever it, it should still move on it's own like controlled by the computer or something becuase if it stands in one place that would look really stupid.

It would, but considering the sizes of the maps of SWBF, there's a hell of a chance for you to be unable to travel anywhere with the ship.

If absolutely requires heavy weapons or sniper rifles to kill Jedi, then they're not balanced. Everyone should be allowed to stand a chance against a Jedi.

If it's available, do it like Wolf:ET. You get a certain number of xp, you get more goodies. The greatest thing you can get is being a Jedi. Then, being slightly overpowered is not important since it is hard to attain that rank.

Originally posted by lukeiamyourdad

It would, but considering the sizes of the maps of SWBF, there's a hell of a chance for you to be unable to travel anywhere with the ship.

If absolutely requires heavy weapons or sniper rifles to kill Jedi, then they're not balanced. Everyone should be allowed to stand a chance against a Jedi.

If it's available, do it like Wolf:ET. You get a certain number of xp, you get more goodies. The greatest thing you can get is being a Jedi. Then, being slightly overpowered is not important since it is hard to attain that rank.

Just because the map sized in Battlefront 1 are small doesn't mean that the ones in Battlefront 2 will be small. Remember, this is a sequel, so they are improving things and one of the things they can improve is the map size. And also, I doubt the space maps will be small cause then all the ships will be crowded, and judging from the screenshots they do not look that small.

Judging from the screenshots of SWBF1, no map looked that small.

If I was you, I'll refrain from making statements without backing them up. "This is one thing they can improve" does not mean they will.

You have zero idea have the ships will be done, you don't even know if you're going to be able to run around on them.

The PC gamer article said that the game mechanics would be altered so you wouldnt always have the chance to be a jedi, I would guess that the jedi would be passed around, once he died the next highest scoring player could respawn as one or somthing like that. Of course this could lead to teamkilling so you could get to be the jedi faster and of corse if theres only one jedi then everyone will immediatly begin focasing all there resources into defeating him. This is just idle speculation of course but I still dont really like the idea of making the jedi playable.

(by the way i found a site where you can read the PC gamer article a bit clearer I found this while searching for more information about BF2. you have to scroll down a bit to see the article)

I hope that they also redo some of the old maps in Battlefront and make them bigger and better, some of the maps were fine but the ones that were supposed to have been big battles (Hoth, and Geonosis) just didnt seem that impressive to me I would love to see hoth with around triple the amount of units and maybe Six AT-ST's, Five AT-AT's and six snowspeeders (I think this is the number they had in the movie) You cant have all the vehicles on geonosis of course (well you could possibly but it would take a lot of memory i bet) but they could at least make the troop numbers greater.

I think at Hoth there were 6 AT-ATs, and there were way more than 6 snowspeeders like maybe 15. I hope they don't just put all the maps from Battlefront 1 like Hoth or Tatoinne in Battlefront 2 and add like 3 or 4 maps because that would really be stupid. They should improve all of the maps, and by improving I mean remake the whole thing.

I believe they will be adding 16 new maps or somthing like that, but they should also improve the old maps, i dont think they need a complete reworking, most of them were pretty good they just needed maybe more vehicles or units and maybe more interactive scenery like being able to open doors and enter buildings in Mos Eisly and Bespin for example, BF2 should be mainly about the new maps but that doesn't mean they can't update an old map and make it better.

and 15 speeders on Hoth would be way to overpowered for the rebels, I mean with just four they already own the imps. 15 speeders would just dominate 5 or even six AT-AT's and besides I believe there were only around 6 in the movie, they really didnt have that many snowspeeders.

Archived