Home

SWBF2: Sequel Megathread! - Discuss Battlefront 2 Here!

Ch1cago88

Originally posted by ParanoidAndroid

The PC gamer article said that the game mechanics would be altered so you wouldnt always have the chance to be a jedi, I would guess that the jedi would be passed around, once he died the next highest scoring player could respawn as one or somthing like that. Of course this could lead to teamkilling so you could get to be the jedi faster and of corse if theres only one jedi then everyone will immediatly begin focasing all there resources into defeating him.

If what you're saying is true about highest score be the Jedi, then the Teamkillers would never be a jedi not matter how many times they *tked* the jedi in order to be one.

TK= -1 on your point score.

Keep TK and you never get to be a jedi. Simple as that.

But honestly, I don't think they would do that. My guess is that its a class limit thing. To keep people on the same team from TKing a jedi to be one, Pandemic could easily put in a failsafe of "if you kill a jedi on your own team, you cannot immediately respawn as one".

Theres plenty of balancing methods, and ways to get around selfish tkers.

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How would the experiance system work? would you have to work your way up to a jedi each time you battle or would it all add up in your profile so you save experiance from each battle? Gaining experiance sounds cool but... well it sounds to me like it would only create a bigger rift between experianced players and new players, they would have a hard time catching up to the advanced players. Maybe im not understanding the experiance concept but it sounds like it would make "super players" that would dominate the game, thats what I like about the game right now, the rift between new players and veterans isnt that big, sure an expert will usually beat a new one but the new player has a greater chance.

I heard of another idea of implimenting jedis on another website, its that everyone starts the battle with the chance to spawn as a jedi, however once that persons jedi is killed you cant become one for the rest of the battle. Does anyone else think this is a good idea? It could lead to problems if everyone uses there jedi first thing but maybe if only one jedi is allowed on the field at a time.

Basically, it would be like Wolf:ET. With experience gained, items and boosts are available. You can get simple things as binoculars to an adrenaline shot.

Experience in Wolf:ET usually stays for the duration of a campaign(a full rotation of the maps) or for as long as you stay on the server. Once you log off, it's erased and once you log back in, you start back at square one.

The riff wouldn't so large, not larger then it is now. The only trick is to balance the Jedi out as to not make him invincible.

I dislike the idea of randomly spawning as a Jedi. What if the person who spawns as a Jedi is a total noob and the teams loses its Jedi mere seconds after the game starts? You'd start with an unfair disadvantage. It's better to leave good weapons in the hands of those who can use them.

No the idea was each player gets one spawn as a jedi sorry if i wasnt clear

The experiance idea sounds cool, like if a player gets enough kills on his profile for a certain class he could unlock new skins and stuff that doesnt really effect gameplay, but I still dont know if its a good idea to give him better weapons that would give him an unfair advantage vs other players.

then again I have never played Wolf:ET so I wouldnt know

In Wolf:ET, you indeed got better weapons. With Light Weapons Mastery, you are able to wield two pistols at once which was the most devastating close combat weapon. With Medic Mastery, you would get a big hp regen rate and adrenaline shots that would allow you to sprint without losing stamina for about 30 sec. With Heavy Weapons mastery, you would get a very low reload time for Panzerfaust.

Experience in Wolf:ET usually stays for the duration of a campaign(a full rotation of the maps) or for as long as you stay on the server. Once you log off, it's erased and once you log back in, you start back at square one.

I quote myself about this. It would not be safe in his profile forever. Data on your performance and experience is stored on the server for as long as you're in it. When you go, it's goodbye.

Personally, I liked battlefront because you didn't play as a Jedi, after all, if Jedi were so almighty, why did a PILOT take out the second Death Star, or an army of Super Battle Droids own the Jedi, and a Clone army wipe them out?

Personally, I'll enjoy running the buggers over in vehicle or firing my rockets at them "use your force on this!"

There are only a few maps that have jedi players. And jedi are only 1 of other units available , ep2 arena map etc... the best part is being able to control ai bots with commands, picking up dropped weapons. everything is balanced with all that is going on. in short, jedi wont be an overpowered/overused unit issue.

Guru, can we download that mod? Or do you have a movie with the choke force?

Like our secondary weapon(grenades or fusion cutter), they should have force, they can choose what force they want, but light can't choose dark and dark can't choose light. Alt attack = use force power

I hope they will include a Battle of Endor map that would have 3 Star Destroyers vs. 3 Mon Calamari Cruisers, and it would just be a giant space skirmish (where you could either capture or destroy enemy cruisers) with tons of fighters and troop transports. But in the Battle of Coruscant, I hope each side will have 1 cruiser, but in the middle would be a neutral space station (with many turrents) and the personell inside the station would attack everyone, making the battle very interesting.;) And if they remake Mos Eisley, I hope they include large amounts of civilians (and some will shoot both at both sides) so you will have to pay attention that you don't kill innocent people by accident (or not;):dev11: ).

I can not believe this. This is going to be non stop jedi battles against the infantry. I swear everybody'll be em' and then people will start being infantry again. It might be cool for a little bit but still......force powers? All they need is a lightsaber and they will kick butt. Oh well. I guess this is where you find out who's good at the game. I'm just glad i'll be on the side with the cool jedi like my man mace.

Originally posted by clonearcman

I can not believe this. This is going to be non stop jedi battles against the infantry. I swear everybody'll be em' and then people will start being infantry again. It might be cool for a little bit but still......force powers? All they need is a lightsaber and they will kick butt. Oh well. I guess this is where you find out who's good at the game. I'm just glad i'll be on the side with the cool jedi like my man mace.

Evil lol...wuajajajaja

Time to kill jedi with all my strenght...(God I hate em)...killing them first with:

-Sniper Rifle

-Recon Droid wuajajajaja

-Nades

-Mines

-And whatever else I got

I like they're putting em in BF2...stronger enemies...can't wait for human enemies...(holding my breath...good enemies)..lol

Archived