Home

SWBF2: Sequel Megathread! - Discuss Battlefront 2 Here!

Ch1cago88

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Anyway, what about something deep for fans of Star Wars, I mean, BFront 2 isn't going to convince people who are going to buy Battlefield 3 anyway, so cater to the fans more strongly!

I don't think I'll buy BF 2 in the first place, sorry. The only new things listed on the site are space battles and smarter AI. I'm a multi-player person and space battles are in GC anyhow (besides, if I buy BF 2, which I will, I can just play the Warp: Dimensional War mod, which takes place entirely in space).

Yes, there are new maps and better graphics, but those aren't really "new features", just additons building on the existing features. And it doesn't look like flight physics will be improved, although I can't know that:rolleyes: .

All in all, SWBF isn't nearly advanced enough for me. It's a good arcade title, but I'm not an arcade player. But it's not a bad game either - I post here, don't I;)?

Anyway. Wouldn't it be sweet if they had underwater craft and boats too? Like the speeders would be allowed on water (cause they do in the books) an they would have special water speeders and u-boats. There would also be a underwater diver unit. The imperials and clones actually have that kind of unit. The mon calamari map would have this kind of stuff wouldn't it?

What would also be sweet is if you could dive and swim underwater to avoid detection.

And subs would be very neat.

Naval combat would be cool, but with the current classes, it'd be hard to implement. I supose it'd be like the space combat levels, where HOPEFULLY you have transports that can go over and underwater and invade aquatic cities.

The Gungan city comes to mind actually, imagine Imp subs taking a squad of troopers into the city, unloading and the going back to the surface for reinforcements. Sweet!

Oh yeah, Eagle, I reccomend you check out the Gamespot video preview, WTF! IT's very Rogue Squadron now with the space battles. I'm now concerned the ground battles will be pants.

star-wars-battlefront-ii-20050422031926290.jpg

Do you mean that one? Who says that's the Yavin system? In fact, that planetoid in the background doesn't look very much like the gas giant in A new hope to me.

Not to mention that the Star Destroyer looks downright cartoonish with those huge guns that don't belong there. Is it made that way so that the guns can be easily destroyed or something?

Hmm the planet looks like it could be Geonosis, but it doesnt have the rings, perhaps its a new world?

Im also disapointed that the old maps probably won't be included in the game. It also sounds like there not going to include the B-wing starfighter in the game either as they only listed X, Y, and A wings, maybe it will be a map specific starfighter?

Not to mention that the Star Destroyer looks downright cartoonish with those huge guns that don't belong there. Is it made that way so that the guns can be easily destroyed or something?

Yeah I thought they looked unrealistic too.

It also appears there might be melee attacks to, that sounds cool if it is implimented.

Im still unsure about jedi and switching classes but it sounds like there going to make it work, I guess we will just have to wait and see.

Do you mean that one? Who says that's the Yavin system? In fact, that planetoid in the background doesn't look very much like the gas giant in A new hope to me.

That's the screen. It kind of looks like Yavin, but I doubt it it's Bespin or Geonosis. Maybe it's Jupiter?:p

I agree. I assume those are the giant turbolasers on a Star Destroyer, only too big.:rolleyes: Hey, if we could blow 'em up when they were smaller in Rogue Leader, we can blow them up at that size in Battlefront II.

Originally posted by Dagobahn Eagle

star-wars-battlefront-ii-20050422031926290.jpg

Hey yall they are a along time form completion, by the time the game come out they will probably fix the promblems we express base on feedback from the fourm. We shouldn’t worry to much, besides it is still 6 months to go.

:cool:

What? I'm talking about like if they had the maps on the new one then I would just playem on the new one and never go back to the original BF. See ill play BF2 forever and I'll get sick of it and I'll want to play BF but a different map and I'll back to the old one. Thats all I'm saying.

Originally posted by clonearcman

What? I'm talking about like if they had the maps on the new one then I would just playem on the new one and never go back to the original BF. See ill play BF2 forever and I'll get sick of it and I'll want to play BF but a different map and I'll back to the old one. Thats all I'm saying.

\

You make a good point clonearcman! :cool:

Hello everyone

I heared the news they are working on battlefront 2. Personally I didn't like battlefront itself. It was very badly balanced. Look at the vehicles: one inexperienced pilot can be responsible for masses of infantry kills (I heared they are going to make the controls even easier. How would they like to do that? Build in an autopilot?). And what about the heavy weapons doing practically no damage to vehicles (I feel a lot safer in a battlefront tank then one in bf1942, where heavy weps, planes and even grenades form a real threat).

On top of that they took all interesting features that would make the game really different from other games out (grappling hook, imperial officer, bothan spie). I'm now back playing battlefield 1942.

I really hope they are going to do it better this time. I'd like to play a good starwars game, really. But be honest. Battlefront in stores, then Battlefront 2 in stores one year after Battlefront 1? They don't take their game to make a game. And why isn't that game an expansion anyway? Seems Lucasarts first priority here is again to make a lot of money, not to make a good game. Its obvious lucasarts already planned this expansion while making the first game. All points we discussed before the release of battlefront and didn't found their way into the game seem to be in now. It's actually very sad since I'd like to play a high quality starwars game for a time.

Well, I'm glad battlefield 2 will be in stores soon with a new of fresh options like for example squads. And regarding battlefront 2, let's first play the demo (comming soon, right?).

Well, you never know, they could have a HUGE team at work.

I'm only really dissapointed by such a small variety of maps. There are few games where I can get fed up with variety.

As for vehicles, nothing said so far. They were fairly well balanced against each other, and they DID have weakness (IE, you could hurt an AT-AT more if you shoot it in the legs, if you think that makes a diference).

I understand what your saying clonearcman, but I think it would get kind of annoying to have to switch between both games whenever you want to play a certain map thats not in the new game, and I would like to play the old battles with the new features and units introduced in Battlefront 2, really it should be a cheap expansion not a whole new game.

BTW, if anyone was wondering the screenshots from this site shows that the hangers for the star destroyer :vsd: are on the side.

http://www.jucaushii.ro/imgcateg_1034.html

The game looks good but i hope Lucas Arts and Pandemic can polish so it looks as good as a stone that just came out of a rock tumbler. (the last one had a few unpolished things that were kind of annoying in the last swbf)

Look at the vehicles: one inexperienced pilot can be responsible for masses of infantry kills

Here's a news flash: Fighters, bombers, and tanks are supposed to mow down infantry. You're supposed to need tank hunters or other vehicles to take them down. I don't see why this is such a problem all of sudden, as vehicles in SW BF are certainly toned down from those in, say, BF 1942 (where tank divisions could capture flags).

BTW, if anyone was wondering the screenshots from this site shows that the hangers for the star destroyer are on the side.

:eek:

What.. The.. H[...]?!

What have they done to the poor thing?! That doesn't look like a star destroyer at all, with those hangar bays. The turrets.. Fair enough. Those hangar bays? No way.

What happened to the Star Wars feel? What's so wrong about having a ventral hangar like in Star Wars? Taking off is smooth, just clear the deck and dive. Landing is slightly trickier, but you get used to it. I'm speaking from GC experience here, and keep in mind that in GC flying was actually challenging, as opposed to in SWBF. If I could do it in a BF 1942 mod, you can do it in a SW BF sequel.

Making a star destroyer with flank hangars is like making an age of sail game where ships have their guns woven into their sails instead of on their decks...

Seems Lucasarts first priority here is again to make a lot of money, not to make a good game.

Amen.

Originally posted by Dagobahn Eagle

Here's a news flash: Fighters, bombers, and tanks are supposed to mow down infantry. You're supposed to need tank hunters or other vehicles to take them down. I don't see why this is such a problem all of sudden, as vehicles in SW BF are certainly toned down from those in, say, BF 1942 (where tank divisions could capture flags).

If I'm piloting a tank in battlefield I'm not fealing nearly as safe as while piloting a tank in battlefront. One heavy wep shot in the back of the tank and I'm dead. One well planned bomb of a plane and I'm dead too. A few grenades from infantry and I'm dead. A well placed mine by an engineer nd I'm dead. The tanks in battlefront are afwully difficult to kill

Fighters supposed to mow down infantry? That makes things even worse, because it ruins the game for infantry. Pilots with a little experience have no problem evading most missiles. Plus they can heal, so if someone makes a hit you can even repair the damage.

Strong fighters are a plague, even in 1942. They boosted the HP of the fighter/dive bombers and we ended up with crazily strong airplanes. With a decent pilot, it was much easier to destroy a tank with a flak gun then to destroy a fighter.

The tanks in Battlefront have no hit boxes or any ballistics system to back it up. Due to the lack of depth, to compensate for their strength, they made them unable to capture flags.

Now we end up with camping...

Originally posted by lukeiamyourdad

Strong fighters are a plague, even in 1942. They boosted the HP of the fighter/dive bombers and we ended up with crazily strong airplanes. With a decent pilot, it was much easier to destroy a tank with a flak gun then to destroy a fighter.

At least you'd have to be an experienced pilot to form a plague, in battlefront almost any pilot is a plague (except the NPC ones, but that's anotther point).

Still I never have very much trouble taking down a plane with a flak. The point is must battlefield1942 players point the flak at the plane itself, while you should aim it in front of it so the flak cloulds appear near the plane. My point is experienced pilots can b countered with other experienced pilots or experienced flakers ;)

Archived