Home

SWBF2: Sequel Megathread! - Discuss Battlefront 2 Here!

Ch1cago88

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:eek:

What.. The.. H[...]?!

What have they done to the poor thing?! That doesn't look like a star destroyer at all, with those hangar bays. The turrets.. Fair enough. Those hangar bays? No way.

What happened to the Star Wars feel? What's so wrong about having a ventral hangar like in Star Wars? Taking off is smooth, just clear the deck and dive. Landing is slightly trickier, but you get used to it. I'm speaking from GC experience here, and keep in mind that in GC flying was actually challenging, as opposed to in SWBF. If I could do it in a BF 1942 mod, you can do it in a SW BF sequel.

Making a star destroyer with flank hangars is like making an age of sail game where ships have their guns woven into their sails instead of on their decks...[/b]

Call me an unfaithful Star Wars fan, but in my opinion the new Star Destroyer looks cooler than the orignal.:D:eek: But I agree though, it should be faithful to the orignal craft design.

I agree with Darth Andrew. It looks cooler to have the huge guns on the star destroyers. I don't really care for the original design. When C-3p0 and r2 eject in the escape pod in ANH there's the two guys that say the escape pod malfunctioned or something. One guy looked like he was holding a placed gun. If thats what the star destroyer guns are i'm most dipleased and would think that the design in BF2 is much better.

The guns in the beginning of ANH are the small ones. The big ones are flanked near the aft of the ship, as seen here. For some reason they're ion cannons in Rogue Squadron II and III:confused: .

There's also the "game-play" consideration, as those guns look like they can easily be wiped out from light years away.

I would like to see the pilot auto repair function while flying it kept it myself. I agree though that the whole medic/engineer thing should be seperated. Aside from that, well I don't know what I want to see. Maybe make it so you have to lead a bit more with the shiper rifle.

i think there needs to b a garbage monster in the death star

it would b sweet to see some rebels sneak aboard the ds nd try to take a shortcut thru the garbage thing place

20 seconds later the garbage monster has had a hearty meal

it would b like the sarlac or rancor

I for one don't want to see automatic repair when a pilot is in a vehicle.

Really.

I'd like to expand on that:

• No auto-repair. What's so hard about landing for 5 seconds away from battle to repair your craft? I've done it a hundred times in BF 1942? If it's really so horrible to land, have an R2 droid slot and let the R2 conduct in-flight repairs by hitting primary fire, like in Galactic Conquest.
  • No over-simplified fligth physics system: I want to do whatever I want, be it looping, barrel rolling, or diving straight down. As it is, it's ridiculously simple!
  • No auto-VTOL. At least give us a server-option to turn it off.
  • Break up the dumb pilot class! The pilot belongs in the air, not on the ground healing people, setting up defences, and repairing or driving tanks!

Summed up: Flight system with a learning curve and at least a tiny challenge.

2: No stupid Jedi.

3: No blur effect (as if that's going to change).

4: More tidy and less flashy menus.

Things should be completely more like Bf 1942. See thats a fun game and sadly im very hooked. If the damage was more like that we'd get more of a challenge and exhiliartion. I completely agree with you eagle ive seen to many pilots fixing up tanks, building defenses, and healing people.

But thats sadly the only reason people become pilots. They are the medic. the supllier, the repairman.

- Pilot should be its own class!

- Medic should be its own class also

- And same with Engineer should be its own class.

I think that would be too many class' to the battle, but at least the people pick it for a specific purpose.

I am looking forward to it. I just hope they add more star wars items from the films in it. It is great to add episode III material but if they keep most of the troopers and the corresponding weapons in the game and not add on it then it is worthless. I love the idea of lot more space maps but I hope not at the expense of losing ground maps.

I still want to see Alderran, Courscant, Mustafar, Utapau, and Dagobah from the films as well as the other planets from the first game. The Imperial Officer needs to be in it! Pandemic really messed up on that one in the original game.

If Pandemic is going to force TIEs to lift-off from the ground (contrary to EU lore), they could at least put the hangars in the right place.

And just for the record, there is no way I'm buying BF2 at this point. It appears to add nothing, and I feel ripped off for buying the original BF in the first place.

hey btw did u guys kno u can already preorder the swbf2 game?

i kno this cuz this boy from the clan im in already pre-ordered it n it said he was the first person to preorder it! (n prob the last one :D ) but yeah n he also got a free t-shirt :eek: n a trading card, lucasarts must like the first person who bought the game since they afraid nobody else would.

-May the force be with us all. :ewok:

After finishing a battle, no more reloading the entire level, especiaclly since people usually don't play it twice in a row!

Word. BF 1942 just restarts the level with 0 waiting time. And even when it does load a new level, you can leave the game while it's loading. I can't for the life of me understand why Pandemic couldn't make their engine just restart a level without loading it over again:mad: .

lucasarts must like the first person who bought the game since they afraid nobody else would.

Whoa. Did the first one sell that bad? Most games don't even have a sequel. If they thought it would sell that bad then why did they make it in the first place?

Archived