Home

Suggestion: Animated Series 2

kum0rin

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm sure Max isn't a homosexual, but Sam, with his "you don't even like girls" lines, could be and trying to keep Max to himself.

I like to consider myself a Libertarian, so I am not bothered no matter what their sexual orientation may be. The ones who do bother me are those pirates with the manatees.

Relating to the pirates, what did Max mean when he said "lets mock their stumps" to them when Sam asked about a punishment for them? If it is what I think it is, its surprisingly harsh for Max, though I do love Sam's response "Um... that wouldn't be cool, Max."

I just looked it up, and it's over my head. I actually remember wondering what the hell they were talking about also a long time ago.

Also I was wondering on the Beast From the Cereal Isle what was next to the lady's shoe that drops out of the bad on the intro page.

Always looked really phallic like.

Originally posted by SyntheticGerbil

Hah, the freelane police have some gay undertones. Only thing is, I'm sure they don't have private parts or mouths equipped for nice french kisses.

Who made the picture of sam and max "making love"? Wasn't that you SG?

Originally posted by SyntheticGerbil

I just looked it up, and it's over my head. I actually remember wondering what the hell they were talking about also a long time ago.

Also I was wondering on the Beast From the Cereal Isle what was next to the lady's shoe that drops out of the bad on the intro page.

Always looked really phallic like.

image.gif

Let the people decide!!

Does look a little dirty to me....

Gerbil, I take offense at your use of me in your post.

Not really, but I've only ever watched Adult Swim once, and hated all of it (he's right! It is all anime!) except Family Guy, which was only mildly amusing.

Give the show some of the writers from Invader ZIM, then it might be good!

My theory for Max's not liking of girls and lack of privates is that he lost them in a horrible accident as a young child.

I am compelled to clarify something about Adult Swim, the fans are usually divided by interest in the comedy and anime segments. The anime portion being completely horrible, and the comedy often times being mehhh but with a few good shows out there. Adult Swim philosophy is to take many low-budget chances and see what sticks.

Originally posted by SMNMX

Give the show some of the writers from Invader ZIM, then it might be good!

Then Sam and Max would use the same jokes week after week and would be yelling constantly.

Invader Zim isn't that great either, it has its moments, but for the most part it's just as irritating as any other cartoon on Adult Swim.

• 2 weeks later...

I think Sam and Max would have fit in with the adult swim schedule four years ago, when all they had was Home Movies and The Oblongs, two canceled shows that they bought cheeply. Then when Family Guy (utter ****) came in and their origonal shows started to suck, any hopes were gone. Adult Swim used to be about parody, absurduty, and finding niche shows that a high school freshman through a college senior would enjoy. Then their fan base increased and they crashed and burned. They make Space Ghost C2C about piss jokes and they aired Family Guy (again, utter ****) twice a night.

Now they are all about making money. They don't even try to hide it. Their add campaigns are insulting to people's intelligence, and lack the style that the program block used to have. The adult swim of today has no room for something as intelligent as Sam and Max.

As for the anime thing, I don't like talking about it as one big thing. Most anime sucks, see the Dragon Ball series. It is poorly animated and it is poorly written. However, there is also some really good anime. I'm drawn to it because of the video game player in me. When a script is properly written it makes a viewer feel awesome. It has something to do with adrenaline, but I don't know what.

Anyway, like every fan boy in the world I am going to proclain that "It was better before".

Originally posted by Metallus

Mwam mwam mwam, mwam mwam mwam...

Well put...

I suppose there is some anime that was put together with integrity, and quality in mind. However, when you see the people who like that stuff it's utterly repulsing. I've seen many-a people who think they are/are in an anime, and it's sickening, almost as sickening as the morbidly obese. And again, I will also say that not every fan of anime acts like that, it's just the one's that do that ruin it for everyone.

The attraction of has also been lost on me. I'll admit, when I first saw it, I was intrigued. I was hoping (and still am hoping) that it's just a fad... is there such thing as an 8 year fad?

Archived