Home

Psp

Surfnshannon

No thread on the new PSP?

Maybe I missed it - Anyways did anyone buy one? I got to hold one and play one at work. Woohoo. It is amazing. It's graphics look as good as my PS2 and its screen is so clear. I can't believe how Spiderman looked on it. Absolutely amazing. I want it - but it is so expensive :(

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would get the PSP if it

1) Didn't cost as much as a fullsized console

2) Didn't have all this media player crap

3) Lower game prices

and 4) Longer battery life ;)

My main beef with the PSP is it's media player junk. I already have an MP3 Player, 'Portable DVD player" (laptop), and I have a PS2.

Now I'm not saying it's crap, I'm just syaing I wouldn't buy one for those reasons.

I very heart my DS.

Originally posted by Acrylic

A DS costs $150 - the same as a PS2 and an XBOX.

And when they were first released, they were about 300 bucks. Besides, both of those are really old and have bene out for a while. The PSP is brand new.

The pirce of a DS on release was $150. Since it can also play GBA games. It's like buying a GBA and a DS. What do I get with the PSP? UMDs, a bunch of useless mediaplayer crap, and incredibly low battery life. No thank you.

I think the PSp is damn cool, but i also think that playing titles like that are available on the ps2 are much more suited to the confines of your home, with a beanbag, some friends over and some beer and pizza... I dunno.... I do love gadgets, but I rarely pay full price for things ;)

mtfbwya

I'm tryin to save up for one. This is gonna take a while : |

But yeah, it looks freakin awsome. For those of us like me that don't have a portable dvd player and an mp3 player(had one, it broke), this is freakin awsome. The man reasons I want it are the games though. It has right now, a Dynasty Warriors game, a metal gear game, and a NFSU game. Later on it's getting it's own GTA and the full version of THUG2 plus more, on a fraggin handheld.

*continues waiting for money*

Originally posted by StarWarsPhreak

incredibly low battery life.

Battery life is 6-7ish hours playing games That’s pretty long to be playing a handheld.

Even if the battery dies or you turn it off in the middle of a game you will be right back where you left off when you turn it on again.

Originally posted by Sam

Battery life is 6-7ish hours playing games That’s pretty long to be playing a handheld.

I've been told that battery life is dependant on the game, but even so, the DS far surpasses the PSP in battery life. I haven't had to charge my DS since I used it for Spring Break. It would have been a real pain trying to find an outlet at the airport to try and recharge my PSP.

Posted by member from another forum

Messing around with the PSP yesterday - adding the EpiIII video to check the movie playback, messing with Lumines, Untold Legends, MP3 playback, photo viewing, and Spidey 2. And I got to the red 'battery low'. I say messing, as it couldn't have been much more than a couple of hours.

Originally posted by StarWarsPhreak

I've been told that battery life is dependant on the game, but even so, the DS far surpasses the PSP in battery life. I haven't had to charge my DS since I used it for Spring Break. It would have been a real pain trying to find an outlet at the airport to try and recharge my PSP.

And I got to the red 'battery low'

The light doesn't turn red when the battery is low and the icon isn’t red either.

*Edit* Nevermind I really don't have the time for the test. The DS battery life is better though.

Originally posted by GothiX

I really don't like PSP, I prefer Photosho- oh wait.

I have both. Oh. Handhelds.

I have a Gameboy Advance, which I cannot find at the moment. :(. When I'm on a cartrip, airport, or just away from stuff to do, I read. Seriously, I'm never going to buy another handheld console, If I want mobile gaming, I'll get a laptop.

I now have:

- GBA SP

- DS

- PSP

Other than that it is Mac & PC for gaming (i.e. no consoles).

My fave game types are FPS and RPG.

My DS mainly plays GBA titles, which it does very well. It is currently playing Zelda: Minish Cap, which I believe is a better game than anything I've seen playing on the PSP.

The general DS titles have had little appeal to me.

As for my PSP, I got Lumines and Untold Legends. Lumines is definitely 21st century Tetris ... but is it worth $300?!?! Untold Legends is a nice game, the load times are bad - >2 minutes from Pressin [X] to start until I am in action ... that is bad enough on a PC game!

Also, anyone who tries to sell you video / music / photo as anything but a novelty isn't being realistic - they are OK, nothing more.

As for battery life, my first charge on the PSP I got a few hours of heavy duty messing around with everything. My first charge on the DS took me through most of Final Fantasy I, plu some FFI and Mario 64 for my kids.

Mike

it isnt extremely surprising that the DS > psp for battery life, uf you think about the type of grafix it cranks out, that type of processing power sucks juice, now matter how well something is designed...

If I ever get a PSP, I would be looking at one of those cases that have a battery within them themselves as well as protecting that huge a$$ screen in downtime :)

what I would like to know, if the format is universal, ie. there is no PAL>NTSC differentiation like the consoles ?? This would make it easier as I can get stuff hella cheap from my friends in asia :) Im actually even going there myself later this year so might pick one up then if the format wasnt an issue...

mtfbwya

Archived