Home

Tired of Halo 2 MP maps? Well for all of you I present...

BongoBob

...The Halo 2 MP Map Pack!!!

I'm sure this will be available as a download for all you lucky SOBs who have Live. But this is good news for me and my friend Josh, who are gonna pitch in 10 dollars each and just download the new content to our XBox's. We're getting tired of the old maps. Thank you bungie :D

Edit:Bungies official news release

There ya go :)

yeah, right when my ****ing subscription ends. the bastards.

*edited becasue i prolly would have got marked and banned and ***** ;)

hopefully i get a job soon so i can pay for the resubscription...if maps come out before the 28th....good for bungie MAYBE.

"The disc comes with a couple of nifty extra collectibles too -a documentary about the process of mapmaking and a short piece of animated fiction - a Halo 2 sidestory."

:D

I know it seems unlikely, but maybe this might explain what happened to the other spartans from First Strike.

I'm pretty sure that i'm refusing to pay them money for new maps and whatnot.

Especially since I'm probably going to be giving up Halo for SC: CT come thursday.

I am really excited about the prospect of those new maps though. They look pretty freakin sweet.

Originally posted by Pal™

Ugh, what a load of ****e. They're going to bring out some maps instead of actually balancing the gameplay so you can win a fight against a dual wielder without a sword or a rocket launcher?? :indif:

use the battle rifle and plasma pistol combo!!!

Originally posted by Pal™

Ugh, what a load of ****e. They're going to bring out some maps instead of actually balancing the gameplay so you can win a fight against a dual wielder without a sword or a rocket launcher?? :indif:

I can win a fight against a dual wielder with just a battle rifle, carbine, sniper rifle, shotgun, etc. not even using the Ppistol / battle rifle combo.

Now, if you mean win a fight against a dual wielder while you're only wielding a smg....that's just stupid. The only way that should be possible is if you're playing against someone who is terrible (And I've done that before)

Now as far as balancing goes, I think the Plasma Pistol / Battle Rifle combo is the only thing in the game that is rediculously overpowered. You can hit with a plasma pistol from a pretty respectable distance and then it's simple simple to take them down with the battle rifle.

pardon me, but...

ITS ABOUT EFFING TIME BUNGIE RELEASED NEW GD MAPS BECAUSE I AM SICK OF EVERY FRACKING(dibs if you know where that came from!)PLAYER KNOWING EVERY FRACKING NOOK AND CRANNY OF EVERY INCH OF EVERY FRACKING MAP. IF I HAVE TO PLAY THE NOOBTASTIC FRACKING FOUNDATION ROCKET MASTERBATION-FEST MAP ONE MORE TIME ASDYHGAKJSDGHKJASDHLKAJSGDHASGDASDGHASDG.

Besides, Live got waayy boring when you played the same maps over and over and over and over like a broken record player.

Btw, the weapons, and various combinations are perfectly balanced, trust me.

Sure Plasma/BR owns on some maps, but you are asking to have your face sniped using it. I love that combo, but I only use it in Colossus. I got a Berserker medal once with it. :)

Originally posted by XERXES

Sure Plasma/BR owns on some maps, but you are asking to have your face sniped using it. I love that combo, but I only use it in Colossus.

Lessee, it's also EXTREMELY effective on Midship, Beaver Creek, Ascension, Burial Mounds, lockout, and Ivory tower.

It is mostly effective on Coagulation and Waterworks.

That leaves Zanzibar (Which has no PP, otherwise it would also dominate on that map), Foundation (Same as zanzibar), and headlong. (Not sure if there is a PP there...but whatever).

If you're facing a sniper all you have to do is just use the battle rifle so they can't zoom and you'll most likely win, and saying that it's not effective against snipers is silly, because the only thing effective against a sniper is a vehicle or another sniper or getting close enough where the PP / BR combo would destroy them. I'm not saying it needs to be changed, I use it myself, I'm just saying that it IS overpowerful.

Meh, you just have to get behind cover to defeat the Peashooter. Then you can usually mop the guy up with any dual combo.

The weapons are fairly balanced. I would like to see a playlist with the BR as the start weapon as opposed to the SMG. It'd help for more than a few levels. Oh yeah, and a fix for ****ing standby.

btw Xerxes, what's your gamertag? Add me to your friends list if you've got the room.

GT = ckcsaber

Originally posted by ET Warrior

assault rifle and PP is 1337 info.

I think its too slow for beaver creek. But thats just because it conflicts with my playstyle on that particluar map. I dont really care to argue the point for the rest of the maps as theres no reason to. Headlong does have the PP in it, but its only really worth using in the base that has all the spiraling ramps in it. But I will say in midship, if your opponents are any good you will die before you have time to get both those weps.

ckcsaber: I play on 2-3 diff accounts at a game-lan. GrayGameLan1 I think is one of them, it may be 01, 001 I forgot. I'll add you next time I play(usually on wednesdays and the weekends). PM me if you wana organize a time to play. :)

Originally posted by Darth Groovy

I am sick as anyone else of the mp maps in Halo 2, but $20 for only 9 maps seems a bit steep. Seriously.

Read the article. :) I think its fine. 20 bucks isnt really too much to ask.

Originally posted by Darth Groovy

I am sick as anyone else of the mp maps in Halo 2, but $20 for only 9 maps seems a bit steep. Seriously.

Yes, but it's pretty cool for me, the person without live, plus it has a movie on the process of mapmakin(which I find interesting as hell), and it has a mini movie, a Halo 2 sidestory. I know it's a long shot, but maybe it will talk about the other Spartans and stuff, or...

maybe it's about Kelly and Dr. Halsey, the books never did explain where they went, plus there's the wierd letter to 117, aka master chief, from someone in the conversations from around the universe thing that came with the SE version, plus the other wierd stuff in there. There's many possibilities about what the movie thing is about, but I hope and pray that it doesn't suck :(

Archived