Home

Ideas for a sequel? *might be spoilers*

Commando_Iblis

• Replies 469
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There were rumours of "Imperial Commando" goning on sometime back. It placed you in the armour of an Imperial Commando and you had to exterminate hidden Jedi or Rebels etc. Turned out that IC was actually the original concept of RC, but was then changed. I still think IC would make a great sequel!

If they are planning an expansion pack / sequel, they only have less than 2 months to churn it out as I doubt Lucas would want anymore pre Episode III material released after the film.

Here's hoping though. Republic Commando is too high in quality to just fade away. Even moreso, seeing it mae such a lasting impression. Im definately not one for any form of Imperial Commando, because there would be less genuine 'good' in the game. No matter what kinds of ideals you and your squad mates had, im sure any or all orders you would receive would have evil conotations of some sort seeing as Palpy is calling all the shots in the timeframe we're all most familiar with.

So its quite the conundrum im afraid..

Originally posted by MaximumMayhem

Im definately not one for any form of Imperial Commando, because there would be less genuine 'good' in the game. No matter what kinds of ideals you and your squad mates had, im sure any or all orders you would receive would have evil conotations of some sort seeing as Palpy is calling all the shots in the timeframe we're all most familiar with.

So its quite the conundrum im afraid..

This isn't too much of a problem, IMO. TIE Fighter did well putting you in a situation where you were doing the Emperor's bidding, and it was still extremely enjoyable.

Eh... some people have brought up the idea of having Delta "go rogue." I just don't like the idea. They were raised to be loyal, and since they did board the gunship when...

*If you haven't finished the game and don't want the ending spoiled don't read*

...Sev was lost...

...It proves that they are loyal. They may have put up a fight, but they accepted that "duty comes before brotherhood."

And some people are saying that they should "go rogue" when the Republic (or Empire should I say) turns on the Jedi. Well from the ending of RC, it doesn't sound like Delta is very happy with the Jedi right now. :p

I would have no problem an Imperial Commando game. You could keep the same characters since the ending of RC is pretty close to the Republic to Empire transformation.

Of Course get add a new Teammate as a replacement for Sev. And if IC picked up right where RC left off, The Kashyyyk Invasion could be included as the first mission.

Or just have an expansion pack with some more SP missions. After all Delta Squad must have gone on plenty of different missions. Since it says they are being called on frequently.

Originally posted by Commando_Iblis

Ok, having finished the game, I definately want more :D

Which I hope is music to LA's ears. So do you guys think LA will release an expansion pac, and if so what will they do to improve/enhance the game on top of a new story?

I wouldnt hope to much but get THIS!:

There are modders out there, like me, so be prepared for more single-player action ;)! And Co-Op maybe...? :p:cool:

Originally posted by ManaMana

I wouldnt hope to much but get THIS!:

There are modders out there, like me, so be prepared for more single-player action ;)! And Co-Op maybe...? :p:cool:

You can already do a shotty version of co-op. Single player maps load into multiplayer using the "open" command and you can play through them untill one of usuall three things happens, you run out of AI or you reach a locked door or you reach some debris that needs to be blown up that can't be.

It wouldn't be overly hard to more of the sp elements into MP but then agian, thats if the person coding knows what their doing.

I'm hoping for some tools of some sort towards the end of this week. It would place LA at their 1 month mark which is when they wanted to release the tools.

here's my idea, and I personally would think this would be just about the most badass game ever...

The clone wars consisted of Jedi generals leading squads of troopers into battle, right? give the main character a lightsaber. a few force powers, nothing major... think about it... a commando unit w/ a jedi in charge... sounds like an amazing pre-episode III game to me (altho it's definitely a little late for that...) I think the clone wars is a great concept that has a lot of video game potential... and being one of the few remaining elites w/ a squad of troopers backing you up sounds to me like an incredible game... anyone agree? lucasarts petition? :)

... or... let's mod the sucker. Give me modellers, skinners, mappers, etc... I can most likely handle programming...

i know some of you are down :)

Originally posted by r0bman5

give the main character a lightsaber. a few force powers, nothing major... think about it... a commando unit w/ a jedi in charge... sounds like an amazing pre-episode III game to me (altho it's definitely a little late for that...)

NO. That ruins the whole point of the game. It's Republic Commando, not Jedi Knight.

Why do people think that in every Star Wars game you need to be a Jedi? Star Wars can be fun without Jedi.

NO. That ruins the whole point of the game. It's Republic Commando, not Jedi Knight.

i do not disagree. this game was a blast. I'm just saying, it would be a lot of fun w/ that spin (and probably make a lot of money, which is what the powers that be care about). and you can't compare this game to jedi knight, outcast, academy... any of them... the "realism" is what made this game what it is, in my opinion... raw, jumpy... less... I don't know, quake :) you know what I mean. if I had to peg the quissential star wars game (minus an ultra-well done sequel in the xwing series department) it would be THIS game w/ a lightsaber. but that's just me.

Still say, give me an SDK and a few good modellers, and skinners.... lets DO IT :)

r0b, I agree with you completely when you state that the Clone Wars have amazing gaming potential. They do.. and I dont believe it has been fully realised.

Though playing a Jedi in the Clone Wars at the moment would be nothing unlike the Jedi Knight series. JK tackled Jedihood very well. Unless the gameplay was seriously rehashed, it would just be more of the same in a different environment.

At this point in time, I think the only relevant thing to do is an expansion / sequel when it comes to RC.

LukeKatarn's right, there is a rots enemy in the game. And Aside from Starfighters and Cruisers, I don't think there are all that many other new Sep enemies in ROTS. (At least none that I've heard of/seen. And The Slug tank isn't something I think would really be fightable in RC) I Guess there are those new enemies in the ROTS game but I haven't seen any of them in the movie previews. So I'm not counting them as 'from ROTS'.

Yes, however

I was referring to those enemies from the ROTS game we haven't seen, like the Crusher SBDs, Swarm Bots, Crab droid etc.

I also wonder if in an expansion we'd see

New armor types like the Republic Clone Assassin's or if the commandos will keep their classic T-visor

so many spoiler boxes....

Yeah well, those seem like they would be unique to that game. Game-only enemies not seen in the movies don't often span across multiple games. And So far I have seen no sign of those enemies in the movies. Any way, I doubt we would see them in an RC sequel. Just like I doubt we would see the Advanced Dwarf Spider droid from RC in any other game. As to the armor, That is a good question, I would think they would change it to the new armor.

Imperial Commando would be REALLY cool.

Generally I think that they should beef up the single player length, include some non combat game play moments in between the missions to develop the characters, pilotable crafts, and a storyline which doesn't arbitrarily end.

Also, while playing RC, I've always thought, "how cool would it be to turn this game into a Jango Fett / Boba Fett game, or even focus on the Mandalorian Wars."

Also I agree with whoever said that regular Clone Troopers should be beefed up a bit and you should be able to command them when you happen upon them.

Archived