Home

Ideas for a sequel? *might be spoilers*

Commando_Iblis

That's if you came across any at all. Remember that 97% of the Jedi flame had been extinguished by the time the Stormtroopers are officially known as such.

I think the only downfall with IC would be the story. It just wouldnt be involving enough to play as second rate characters (meaning that theyre a dime a dozen). Even if you were controlling a crack unit. What kinds of missions would you do? When it came to the Empire's rule, there was pretty much a dry spell as far as major occurences go, and the major ones were all won by the Rebellion anyway, so the 'Being-Involved-In-Something-On-A-Grand-Scale' meter would be quite low..

I think once LA get around to releasing the tools, the community could handle that aspect pretty well.

The time as we know it right now revolves around Revenge of the Sith. The sequel / add-on (logically) should be based on either the events we are about to see or those leading up to them (id go for both).

A decent online mode would be great too. There's only so much DM, TDM and CTF one can take. It would be great to see a sort of Onslaught feature as in Unreal Tournament 2004 - something that plays out the Clone Wars on a slightly more team oriented scale.

• Replies 469
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well thats the thing, not many people wanna be in a orderly team with a squad leader and them given orders and such. If people did do that I'd be very happy.

But weapons would need to be changed to. If were still using the Same DC-17 with all of its attachments I dont think people will be very happy at that point. Also new enemys!

If we fight the same guys as before, there will need to be different classes. Such as if we get to the end of the "Revenge of the Sith" there will need to be missions of seaking Jedi and destroying them.

If there is going to be a sequel the points and other im sure people have mentioned will need to be added in. And if so its going to look like a preaty exciting game to play.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, the Commandos should net get new armor, simply because tehir armor is special, it's Katarn Class armor, it offers better protection then normal armor, and I doubt they can pay to have it upgraded, it's already upgraded enoguh as it is.

Originally posted by LukeKatarn

Well, the Commandos should net get new armor, simply because tehir armor is special, it's Katarn Class armor, it offers better protection then normal armor, and I doubt they can pay to have it upgraded, it's already upgraded enoguh as it is.

Yeah I believe armor was mentioned on another forum before too. Yeah but I have to agree then armor needs to change in apperence.

Extended Universe sources said that the original clone armor wasn't too good because the Caminoans (or their armor contractors) didn't understand human ergonomics, and that it was constantly evolving. Since we can see the clone trooper armor evolve into the StormTrooper armor, it only makes sense that the Commando armor evolve as well.

Well if Han could take on 10 of em and shoot them up, its the armor that definatly needs to be fixed. Plus weapons, new levels, and finding Sev. What would also be cool if, you could hunt/fight with Jedi. But mainly armor, if anything that needs to be fixed on regualr clones. They should at least have better armor and not be crying their eyes out.

Yes, if there's one part of the game that needed improvement, it was the regular clones. The way they acted, talked etc.. was off completely offkey to what they are meant to be in the films and detracted from the experience. Geonosis was Zero Hour. As such I was shocked to see two clones actually mutter crap about Commandos being able to win the war on their own and then actually cheering me on like a couple of civilian morons.

That was just crap for so many reasons. I wanted to shoot them dead right then and there.

As far as a future goes for Republic Commando, an expansion is the logical way to go. Whether that happens or not remains to be seen.

Originally posted by MaximumMayhem

As such I was shocked to see two clones actually mutter crap about Commandos being able to win the war on their own and then actually cheering me on like a couple of civilian morons.

That's not what bothered me. It was the wimpy screams and pathetic whining, and especially the lying and jealous troopers on the Prosecutor. It's fine that they appreciate the commandos as their superiors and cheer them on, or be relieved to find them coming to their rescue, and it adds a certain military feel to the game.

I could understand their emotions later on in the war, as the clones would each start to take on much more diverse personalities after being exposed to what the real world offered, but it is said from official sources that when it comes to feelings of fear or remorse, those traits have been bred out of their genetic code. Even in the midst of battle, with comrades falling around him, a clone will fight to their full capacity and not lose heart due to his own being decimated.

Seeing as this was the first insertion the clones ever had, it surprises me that they would even feel relief at seeing a clone commando. To state that the commandos could win the war for them, contradicts their sole purpose for existence. The clones dont imagine or think of life beyond war. They know of nothing else; so that's why their actions seemed a little far fetched. Granted though that they'd be believable had this been well into the clone wars.

I may sound picky, but I believe they are burying a considerable factor of Lucas' vision when it comes to standard clone troopers.

Personally, I believe that RC would make a brilliant Anime' series. TAKE THAT!

Anyway, Lucas just has loads of guys standing up in a battle with billions of lasers flying about and no one suffering when they die, or even bleeding. Star Wars is as sterile as a bucket of bleach.

That's not to say that I hate Lucas' vision. Of course not! But I'm relieved there is a market for gamers who have passed puberty.

Funny you should say that Red, as it looks like George beat you to the punch. Im sure you've enjoyed Genndy Tartakovsky's Clone Wars as much as I have..

As far as sterility goes, I think its part of the Star Wars 'formula'. You'll notice that James Bond films adopt that same stance, which gives it a genuine quality. I can definately say the lack of gore in Star Wars makes me appreciate it more, as there is more to focus on.

Funny you should say that Red, as it looks like George beat you to the punch. Im sure you've enjoyed Genndy Tartakovsky's Clone Wars as much as I have..

As far as sterility goes, I think its part of the Star Wars 'formula'. You'll notice that James Bond films adopt that same stance, which gives it a genuine quality. I can definately say the lack of gore in Star Wars makes me appreciate it more, as there is more to focus on.

Sorry, I'm a softcore anime' fan, and Clone Wars, despite being excellant, is not quite.

I was thinking more "Ghost In The Shell: Stand Alone Complex" style. Actually, that might almost be too dark (despite the lack of violence in that series as well).

Originally posted by MaximumMayhem

Seeing as this was the first insertion the clones ever had, it surprises me that they would even feel relief at seeing a clone commando. To state that the commandos could win the war for them, contradicts their sole purpose for existence. The clones dont imagine or think of life beyond war. They know of nothing else; so that's why their actions seemed a little far fetched. Granted though that they'd be believable had this been well into the clone wars.

Damn, you've done the research. >_> I see your point now, and I agree.

I like the idea of a SW anime. One of the things I love about the movies are all the details in each scene. The Clone Wars cartoon series had none of that, but an anime series could. I didn't like the CW toon's caricature style of drawing. It looked cheap.

If you've seen Ghost in the Shell 2: Innocence, you've seen the amazing detail possible in a hybrid (drawn and CGI) film.

An interesting note from the EP III visual dictionaries was that the Republic/Empire was starting to make clones from other sources outside of Jango. I don't know if this will be confirmed or even commented on in the film or novelization (I have it, but am waiting to read) but it does fit in with what other EU sources have said.

Its all so very true that the CW series, looked very cheesy but there is really nothing we can do about that. A Anime series seems preaty nice compared to the other let downs we have been exposed to. Really that damned color needs to be fixed big time, I find myself still getting blinded by its chessy effects on my cornia. Anime would make a great impression on everybody who like and dont care for SW. Personally I think its just Euro, and American cartooning that needs to be fixed big time.

• 5 months later...

SPOILER!!

me new here sorry. anyways i was thinking they would be sent to other missions after the last one at the end where they left Sev. As the game progresses u start to notice traces of Sev fighting for the enemy, some how he was brainwashed or controlled by the sith. anyways Sev is the most lethal of them all and could be the main villian of the game until they get him back somehow. by then order 66 is in effect and they have to hunt down and destroy the jedi.

• 2 months later...

In the novel "Dark Lord: The rise of Darth Vader" the jedi protagonists survived Order 66 in part because a squad of Republic Commandos didn't immediately trust the validity of Order 66 and helped them escape. Vader confronts them and kills 2, but the other two escape. It is stated a few pages later that the 2 commandos are recaptured, but their ultimate fate isn't specifically stated. Even if those commandos weren't the ones played in a game sequel, it at least cracks the door open for one.

In the novel "Dark Lord: The rise of Darth Vader" the jedi protagonists survived Order 66 in part because a squad of Republic Commandos didn't immediately trust the validity of Order 66 and helped them escape. Vader confronts them and kills 2, but the other two escape. It is stated a few pages later that the 2 commandos are recaptured, but their ultimate fate isn't specifically stated. Even if those commandos weren't the ones played in a game sequel, it at least cracks the door open for one.

EU BS. Always ****ting in the face of the movies. Don't take it as canon.

Well technically the EU stuff is C-Level canon. Only the parts that directly contradict the movies are discarded, according to the canon policy of LucasFilm.

Of course, that says nothing about the personal "canon policy" of you or me. ;)

It just means that yes, the novel could be easily used as an excuse to make a new game, depending upon if LucasArts (or Lucas himself) feels it's a profitable venture to pursue.

It does sound like BS though, but oh well, it's apparently canon BS... ;P

Well there's the thing. The parts of the story that contradict the movies (if they do) would be non-canon (superceded by the movies) but the other parts not contradicted would be part of the continuity, even if not coming directly from Lucas himself. Where it might get weird is if the irreconcilable parts make the whole house of cards collapse. In those cases either they'd abandon the source or just go with some future story that attempts to explain away the problems.

The trick is whether or not something is a true contradiction. I know plenty of fanboys who can amazingly explain away any seeming contradiction. But it's the official explanations that matter to the "continuity" and that's for Tastee Taste and the Holocron to decide. Since there are no more movies forthcoming, it's in their hands now to resolve any conflicts, though it remains to be seen exactly how the live action tv series will play out (most of us assume it will still be considered EU, even if Lucas has a hand in producing it or making suggestions, like several of the other EU projects he's taken interest in).

Archived