Home

Ideas for a sequel? *might be spoilers*

Commando_Iblis

its the ability to have a soul, the freedom to feel emotions and to act by them. and THEY DO have souls, they feel happiness, they feel sadness.

Well, so does a cat or a dog.

the thing is, Delta Squad is EU themselves, so i guess its a little bit more open for people to expand (with limits to actual connections to events), rather than to try to fit into the story. IN ALL HONESTY, i do not like Lucas, or just Star Wars itself, BUT I LOVE the whole idea of Star Wars, thats why i would rather side with the EU aspect instead of the material already written.

Delta Squad may be EU, but they're good EU. They're not "super powerful Force-immune intergalactic space aliens invade the galaxy" type of crap. They fit in very well with George Lucas's vision of Star Wars. And actually, commandos ARE mentioned in AotC.

Some do(did? will?), BUT only because their genetics werent one hundred percent to kimoanian specs. The thing is, they are still driven but outside influences, Darman got laid, that wasnt supposed to happen.

They probably still had the instincts for sex. :p

Its all really what experiences they have recieved. Losing a lot will do that to them. And at the end they clearly wanted to stay, and were really fighting the urge to go back and get him.

But the important thing is that they did leave. They did follow the order despite their urge to rescue him. That's because the genetics kicked in.

Emotions will always rule over duty.

They didn't at the end of the game.

No, at the beginning of the game ko sai tells them that they are better. I guess the whole premise of it is the less mechanical/droidy or the closer they are to being Janga, the better. Commandos are just a step closer to being arcs, commanders are just regular troopers who have excelled more than others.

Officially, the commandos are made up of the same genetics as the "grunts." It's just their training that makes them so much better. ARC's are the only clones who had no tampering, besides growth acceleration.

Yeah it would be, look at how he died, the fiercest of the group dying just because he was alone?

Not because he was alone. He clearly was ambushed. You can hear Droideka fire along with standard droids in the background.

More like realizing that a part of them are missing and they go awol to look for it again

But they were on the gunship leaving the area! How are they supposed to go back, ask the pilot politely to go back? Like he's going to disobey Yoda too...

• Replies 469
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now Im going to ask you this:

Whould you kill your baby girl knowing if not done so you would doom the Universe?

Like I said they made their choice like humans, like individuals. Did not Scorch sed " Sir, we cant just leave him behind " ,and "What do you mean one soldier, he was my pod brother!". In the end he understood why, but he felt the loss. A soulless man would just continue to obey the orders with no emotions.

They are ALIVE.

By the way who knows, we are too far away and far too late to understand them.

May the Force wach their souls.

Amen

well hey, just my opinion and my defense for my ideal version of part two :)

I see how you can point it out, but being EU, its can go anywhere. I just think doing the whole Clone creation -> geonosis -> blah blah blah -> order 66 ->imperialism type deal has already been done with Battlefront 2. Its a little lame doing it with such a great storyline and someone pointed out doing good deeds and then doing bad deeds is a little lame. That just made the squad, i dont know, less human and more puppet i guess? They arent lame superheroes with swords made out of light but they are heroes because they care about each other. Theyre VOD and throughout the game thats what it really came down to.

I would actually save a loved one to doom the universe. Not because i need that person, but because that person means everything to me. I am a bit on the romantic side so that defeats its purpose :p

TK, have you read the spinoff series about Omega Squad? Hard Contact and Triple Zero? If you havent, read it and youll view clones as something else. Not a bunch of test tube babies. if you have, kudos for not caring as much. That or ive just had too much republic commando. I am a mandalorian warrior after all :)

TK, have you read the spinoff series about Omega Squad? Hard Contact and Triple Zero? If you havent, read it and youll view clones as something else. Not a bunch of test tube babies. if you have, kudos for not caring as much. That or ive just had too much republic commando. I am a mandalorian warrior after all :)

I'm not much of a book-reader, but hey, if there was a video game about Omega Squad and it was decent, I'd get it... just like how most people would rather see the movie about a book rather than, well, read the book. :p

Anyway, I'm just hoping for a sequel to Republic Commando they don't rework all the mechanics of the game and all that... I just want them to finish the story of Delta Squad.

Yeah, if you are into the clones more than the actual story of star wars or just like republic commando, read the books by karen traviss, they are really good. Delta squad makes an appearance in Triple Zero. Good good stuff. Start with Hard Contact first though. Thats where Niner (equivalent of boss) came from :p

In terms of game mechanics, they should really just fix up some of the flaws and just update everything else... The gameplay itself isnt original but somehow its refreshing.

Enough to be force sensitive :king1:

If you're from Serbia does that mean that your name isn't really Alan Frost? Triple Zero and Hard Contact are both just under £6 on amazon.co.uk which is under half the RRP of a DVD. Stop saying that you're force sensitive, you're embarrassing yourself, and i'm guessing you're young if you have no sense of value.

lawl@force sensitivity.

look for it used online and have it shipped to you, its media mail so it should be somewhat cheap.

and yeah they had scopes on their blaster. but DC17s in the books are a bit more realistic, so instead of gunning it like in the game, it was a one shot one kill thing in close range to medium range, and the sniper attachment was utilized one longer range battles. BUT i think i know where you are going with it, and that would pretty awesome. i would like a PIP style sniper thing though. where whenever you activate the scope on the dc17s instead of the whole screen zooming in, there will be a little section on the bottom corner with what the rifle is point at

Listen BUB...We in Serbia have different currency than your because, we live in Serbia!

For exsample our ordinary books cost 600 din, and your books cost like 5 queens.

NOW tell me what is the currency of your money?

And my name is Alan Frost!

Long story, wery little time!

I think that I got what you're talking about. I was thinking that, like you said, the sniper attachment would be for really long range battles, where you can't even really see your enemy without using a scope, of course the levels would be much larger and longer (still, there'd be lots of close combat). The DC-17m blaster rifle would be like three shot kills rather than thirty, lol. The blaster attachment would also have a scope like in the book. When you zoom in, the quarter of the sight that an enemy is in would flash orange(I think) also like in the book. You could choose to zoom in with the little sights like in RC1 or you could zoom in with the scope.

Does anybody like these ideas?

Hurray for taccled!

In our land We have slangs for Euro: queens, jews, and other but you cant understand because you dont know my language (pizda ti materina usrana!)

I wouldn't go around refering to Jew as currency, and I don't live on the continent, so my countries currency is not the Euro, "£" is not the sign for Euro, it is the sign for the Great British Pound Sterling and I would thank you not to make similar mistakes in the future.

It's a shame you don't know my language, ben tian sheng de yi dui rou.

Can you translate, taccled, what I wrote to Machine cult in the ()?

I know what you said Frost it was extremely vulgar involving the word "mother". So just stop being a moron and be civil to other people when you're posting.

taclled, I wouldn't ask your uncle what Frost said means.

Archived