Home

Ideas for a sequel? *might be spoilers*

Commando_Iblis

Perhaps he knew it was for best.... TK, the Clones are programmed to help the Jedi in aiding the Republic. So, he would have no choice to serve the Jedi, and the Seperatists would be the one who captured him, not the Jedi anyway..... so maybe he went on reconnisence to find the Seperatists most vile weapons... so the Jedi could capture them, and destroy the CIS forever......

The clones are programmed to not disobey orders. Commandos are absolutely no different from regular troops, except for the training they received. Commandos don't have any more independent thinking than regular troops either. So I highly doubt that in any way would they defect and go help the Jedi or the Rebels.

• Replies 469
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The clones are programmed to not disobey orders. Commandos are absolutely no different from regular troops, except for the training they received. Commandos don't have any more independent thinking than regular troops either. So I highly doubt that in any way would they defect and go help the Jedi or the Rebels.

Mmmm... Im not so sure if ur statement is right. You see, Clone Commanders have more independency than their brethen, this is requiered to create strategies and literally... command.

Now look at the Commandos thing. They're alone, on enemy territory, almost everytime relying on their cunning to survive a complete the mission. They need some independency, at least. Not only to survive, but to achieve their objectives! They cant follow a predermined route, they're commandos, not a train.

I agree with EagerWeasel. Something different about commandos from regular clones is that they have feelings and personallities so that they can act more covertly and independently. I mean, if they were like regular troopers when they were on the ghostship they would of just sat there and waited for orders. That's why commandos are alot better at covert ops.

:vsd::blast5:

There were rumours of "Imperial Commando" goning on sometime back. It placed you in the armour of an Imperial Commando and you had to exterminate hidden Jedi or Rebels etc. Turned out that IC was actually the original concept of RC, but was then changed. I still think IC would make a great sequel!

I don't want to kill jedis :(

if you mean Sev, he survives somehow. don't ask me how, why, when or where, but he appears in Triple Zero which is set after the RC video game, so its obvious he survives, thought how exactly should be answered by Karen Traviss.
i've got to get that tell me is it a comic?If so where did you find it?

• 2 weeks later...
if you mean Sev, he survives somehow. don't ask me how, why, when or where, but he appears in Triple Zero which is set after the RC video game, so its obvious he survives, thought how exactly should be answered by Karen Traviss.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but Triple Zero takes place one year after Geonosis, while the last battle in the Republic Commando game takes place 3 years after Geonosis. So, Sev is still Missing In Action. I guess we'll have to wait for the third RC novel (scheduled for this August) to discover his fate.

• 5 weeks later...
I would have no problem an Imperial Commando game. You could keep the same characters since the ending of RC is pretty close to the Republic to Empire transformation.

Of Course get add a new Teammate as a replacement for Sev. And if IC picked up right where RC left off, The Kashyyyk Invasion could be included as the first mission.

Or just have an expansion pack with some more SP missions. After all Delta Squad must have gone on plenty of different missions. Since it says they are being called on frequently.

I thought that would be a good idea myself. I thought of a blue sniper call 71?

I thought that would be a good idea myself. I thought of a blue sniper call 71?

I think Delta got broke up in the novels. Oh well.

But yes it would be fun to have an Expansion/RC2/IC. Now we get to kill some darn stinkin Jeerdais. We know they did not pop Secura/Offee, now who should they pop?

I want a pickup command to grab a random chunk of wood or metal ur a droid leg. and to play as Wookiees. You could pick up a super battle droid and swing is up and down or snap a spider droids leg off.

Well, wookiees are a no-no. Play BF for wookiees. I mean yes it would be nice to have a game where you can play as a wookiee/ewok and the like, but that is not RC.

• 2 weeks later...

Could you play as a droid in MP? that'd be funny. Also if you have more than 2 teams, you could have commandos, droids, and trandos. but maybe not playing as a droid on second thought... now that i think of it. what about jacking a droideka? shield bonus, maybe? like for MP...

By the way, I do play BF2. The wookiees are...disappointing

Just the Wookiees? I found the entire Battlefront II to be horrendous. The original was so much better as far as pacing went. You could actually snipe (and lie down PRONE FFS!), but II is like an Unreal Tournament on utter crack. Too fast and unrealistic. I just didnt get a sense of skill achievement. Its just out run out shoot out this and that in a split second. Adding in playable Jedi was a big mistake too. The bonuses were a good idea, but why not make permanent upgrades instead of round based? Ugh!

Im so glad that Pandemic no longer have the license to make another Battlefront. Free Radical Design will be making the next one. About time a company who makes decent FPS games has a stab at the license!

Delta40, have you read hard contact and/or triple zero? I have, and they are so good. If anyone hasn't, I think you should read them. they are ecceptional books, and they are about republic commandos!

:clone::jango::clone:

Well those books could be the key to the next RC and possibly spoilers too lol,there will be another Republic commando, because, why in the first place would they have put an ending like that where it looks like a sequel is going to be created you might possibly start off as good then once the emperor initiates order 66 then thats when you start doing all the Imperial stuff and killing Jedis.

Archived