Home

Ideas for a sequel? *might be spoilers*

Commando_Iblis

• Replies 469
  • Created
  • Last Reply
concerning the idea of a piloting game--no, that would stink. commando doesnt have to do with that at all.

u say that cause i always beat u on the ps2 with those flying games on battlefront and acecombat. jk jk ur right it doesn't belong.

i agree. there needs to be a two player co-op version, where you could be 38 and then one of the other squad memebers (your choice). Also, I think that some land vehicles would be cool, but in my opinion, no air. Oh, and also, on multiplayer, I think there should be more totally outdoor maps, and all the maps should be available for the xbox when you are just playing someone else at your house.

• 2 weeks later...
i agree. there needs to be a two player co-op version, where you could be 38 and then one of the other squad memebers (your choice). Also, I think that some land vehicles would be cool, but in my opinion, no air. Oh, and also, on multiplayer, I think there should be more totally outdoor maps, and all the maps should be available for the xbox when you are just playing someone else at your house.

don't you mean the 360...? and what do you mean, "no air"? It'd be awesome to fly a swoop bike, although copying BFI and BFII too much would really suck. and the enemy should be able to jump onto and hang on to your vehicle and shoot you to hijack it, but if they fall off, they die. And what about new weapons on the vehicle? or should it just be bigger, mounted versions of the ones we already know like the heavy repeater or the concussion...?

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone considered using source material from the Republic Commando novels? Many great ideas there, including matte-black Katarn armor. The sequel game would have to eventually deal with Sev, but because the squad was part of the "bad batch" of clones that didnt take commands mindlessly, I think the squad would be able to ignore Order 66.

I would bet the story would involve the squad "hunting" jedi, but in reality, they're helping the survivors escape, in exchange for help finding Sev?

Oh, and new weapons would be nice.

No vehicle usage, it would be too much, but turrets are good. Maybe something like a remote mouse-droid, to access hard to reach areas on a level and see whats there, with a self-destruct option.

in RC you're alone for a little while in the core ship, and that's it. But how about a Far-Cry sort of level where you're really alone, like the gunship you're in got shot down, while you squad made it. Foreign weapons, weird enemies, you know the whole thing...

and Halo92 i right... like you keep the same armor styles, but you get to paint them create put on your own squad insignia, etc. and it'd be nice if you could climb ladders and stuff...

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone ever play Full Spectrum Warrior? Now that is a good squad game, as you could order units to take cover ANYWHERE and they'd work out what to do themselves, rather than it being so scripted. Also had a lot of cover and the use of tactical advantages of cover and flanking tactics.

• 3 weeks later...
Anyone ever play Full Spectrum Warrior? Now that is a good squad game, as you could order units to take cover ANYWHERE and they'd work out what to do themselves, rather than it being so scripted. Also had a lot of cover and the use of tactical advantages of cover and flanking tactics.

I have an idea what if like u and you last 2 squad members went back to kamino and then they got word that a signal from the CIS got into there sytems some how that Sev was being held some where on Kashhyk close to where they fought in that wookie city. Then right before they leave they get a report of a CIS battle ship is coming in from hyper space and starts sending droind despencers down to Kamio. So delta sqaud suits up and try to take out most of the despencers while they get some help from Accalamotor that is above Kashhyk. They send a disstress signal to it to come back to kamino and help them take out that battle ship while some gun ships and a jedi star fighter with (some jedi u pick a name) trying to take it out. So while ur taking the despencers out ur also trying to defend the city. So u get some help from the clones that are down at Kamino. Well the despencers are landing every where so u have to be in a damn hurry to take them all out while that accalamotor is coming to help. So afer the CIS battle ship is destroyed from the help from the accalamtor. So then 2 gunships come down to kamino and land in one of the platforms. Then fixer and scorch get on 1 of the gunships while boss (or who evers playing the game) gets on delta sqaud's advisor's gunship and meets the advisor. Then the gunship take them to the accalamotor that halped them and land in the accalamtor. Then say thanks and say hey (or any greeting) to the captain of the ship that helped them. (WORKING)

(ON)

(WHAT)

(HAPPENS)

(NEXT)

• 1 month later...

i have an idea for a sequel have you herad about this downlodable map on http://www.strategyinformer.com/pc/mods/starwarsrepubliccommando/mod.html.

well after you save sev you and your team find a a force crystal that stop you ageing or makes you young again (explins how sideus turns old because useing the crystals power) anyway you and your team each recive a power force crystal from it you water, fixer earth, sev lightning, scorch fire but you and your team get frosen until rebals free you and tell you what happend and you help out the rebals.

you can think of dialog for this if you want.

^^^ There is already a canon method that the Null ARC's (or at least Jaing) used to prevent the accelerated aging.

i have an idea for a sequel have you herad about this downlodable map on http://www.strategyinformer.com/pc/...mmando/mod.html.

Lol, you had me excited for a second, that downloadable map is for the mobile phone game not the actual RC game. If only there were some SP mods for Republic Commando.

^^^ There is already a canon method that the Null ARC's (or at least Jaing) used to prevent the accelerated aging.

Lol, you had me excited for a second, that downloadable map is for the mobile phone game not the actual RC game. If only there were some SP mods for Republic Commando.

well what does this mean Star Wars: Republic Commando Order 66 (PC)

what do you think of my idea then?

It's not great.

well what does this mean Star Wars: Republic Commando Order 66 (PC)

Lmao, it doesn't say that anywhere, n00b. Republic Commando Order 66 is the mobile phone game, the PC game is just Republic Commando because there's no Order 66 in is, is there?

It's not great.

but it was okey

Lmao, it doesn't say that anywhere, n00b. Republic Commando Order 66 is the mobile phone game, the PC game is just Republic Commando because there's no Order 66 in is, is there?

well here is what i how to install it :-This is the first of three maps entitled "The Hunt For Sev".

The below information should be added to your level loading file in

the game data system folder. Just copy and paste the information to the

list. Make sure the numbers in the bracketts are in sequence with your

other maps in the list.

EXAMPLE:MapName[76]="YYY_03A"

MapName[77]="OMT_01A"

Install map to your Maps manually, just copy and paste.

All numbers in the brackets must match for this to work correctly. Have fun and enjoy.

MapName[77]="OMT_01A"

LoadingMenuClass[77]="XInterfaceCTMenus.CTLoadingInfo"

LoadingPic[77]="GUICONTENT.GEO_DEBRIEF"

LoadingTitle[77]="DEVOTION OF BROTHERS"

LoadingText[77]="AN INFORMANT HAS GIVEN THE DELTAS SEV'S LOCATION. HE IS ON THE SCRAP PLANET OF ORD MANTELL. BREAKING PROTOCOL, THE THREE DELTAS AND A FEW CLONE TROOPER VOLUNTEERS RACE TO THE PLANET. ONCE THERE, THEY ARE SHOT DOWN BY ORBITAL DEFENSES AND CRASH LAND. FIND THE INFORMANT AND SEV."

LoadingShowHints[77]=0

so explain and this only my fourth post MC

What's to explain? That map file is not for the Republic Commando the PC game, it's for this game, a crappy little game for Cell phones with a non-canon story about Delta Squad killing Jedi during Order 66.

Install map to your Maps manually, just copy and paste.

All numbers in the brackets must match for this to work correctly. Have fun and enjoy.

That is not how you install a mod map onto a PC game, it is a little more complicated than that. There aren't any SP mods for Republic Commando on the PC because the proper tools haven't been released, so stop going on about it nub.

And don't misquote me. I didn't say "But its okey" (I can spell.) I simply said, It's not great.

Archived