Home

Ideas for a sequel? *might be spoilers*

Commando_Iblis

• Replies 469
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Or they can do a hybrid story. A view from guerilla and commando point of view, where they in some missions see each other, like in Alien vs Predator:)

Sounds like Halo 2 with the Master Chief and Arbiter missions. Is that what you mean?

Yeah, you could be a human and your squad could have a Bothan, another human, and maybe a Wookiee, with translators of course, lol. I don't exactly know what the squad should be, but there'd be lots of missions that they could go on.

I agree about having species other than humans. I think thats one of the advantages of using the Rebels in a sequel, in that the squad isnt necessarilly restricted to humans.

Also, I think that seeing as the Rebels are kinda less of a formal fighting force in comparison to the Imperials, I think theres room for features such as weapons and maybe fighting styles unique to each character.

Hmm. If there ever is a sequel, a few things I would like to see are:

-Better AI. That was a strong point of RC, and it would help to make it even better.

-Less hand holding throughout campaign. Instead of highlighting a sniping position, I want to be able to tell my commandos where, when, and how to snipe. The problem with certain commands was there was no point in not ordering the squad to take up a position. If they get rid of the positions and let you tell your squad what to do in any way you want, it'll really feel like you're leading a squad, instead of saying "Hey, Fixer? See that sniping position. Yeah, go to it. Duh."

-Better multiplayer. I find RC's multiplayer mode fun, sure, but it just wasn't that good. A few maps, game modes, and not a lot of customization for your characters (No Boss skin? No Scorch voice?) made me sad.

-Lastly, how bout more attachments for that DC-17? In fact, I saw these two cool commandos holding their favorite new DC-17 variant:

http://img90.imageshack.us/img90/8009/smokewbiospray4ty.png

Bio-spray attachment! Burn through doors and turn enemies into a slimy goo!

http://img140.imageshack.us/img140/2277/phoenixwflamethrower6fq.png

A flamethrower? Why the heck not?

-Better AI. That was a strong point of RC, and it would help to make it even better.

Theres a point, the AI in RC were a little too... Suicidal. They just shot and ran at the commandos, and it wasn't just the Droids.

The AI should me more like the Killzone AI, they should take cover and fire instead of staying out in the open, make the skirmishes longer and more realistic.

Also, instead of more DC-17 attachments, just more Republic weapons like the DC-15 blaster, blaster rifle, and the DC-17 handblaster (not the RC blaster), so when you see a fallen Clone Trooper you have the option of picking up their blaster.

About Halo 2, I dont have Xbox.

About Alien vs Predator:

In the game you had 3 campaings: Marine, Xenomorph, Predator. During the game you had oportunities to see each character from the view of each character.

So why wouldn you have the ability to fist play comandos untill they turn to Jedi hunters, and then play Rebbels where you see how do they look after after several years during some mission?

If they're going to let you pick up other Republic weapons, which I think is a good idea, they shouldn't have more DC-17m ammunition every five steps. [/exaggeration]

They should make it one or two hit kills with the normal enemy units like the Battledroids and the Trando grunts because the rate at which you go through ammo is unrealistically high.

So why wouldn you have the ability to fist play comandos untill they turn to Jedi hunters, and then play Rebbels where you see how do they look after after several years during some mission?

Several years? Have you forgotten about the Clones growth acceleration? In several years by the time of the Rebellion the Commandos will be old men.

Sorry but that doesn't describe what it is and why does that article make you think that Kashyyyk wouldn't be a good place for guerilla warfare? The Vietnam war was guerilla warfare.

whupsy, i misunderstood. yeah, i got it wrong...

*braces for MC's wrath*

^You'd better, lol.

They should make it one or two hit kills with the normal enemy units like the Battledroids and the Trando grunts because the rate at which you go through ammo is unrealistically high.

I totally agree with you. Maybe it would take a couple more shots with a DC-15s/a that you pick up than with the DC-17m.

The Vietnemese were hit with every kind of weapon except for nuclear and still won. G-warfare works wonders against a technologically superior foe. Sounds like a good Rebel Commando map if I ever saw one...

I will say that I wouldn't like if units didn't die in one shot from everything, rather that heavy units like the SBD didn't take 3 whole clips to take out!

The Vietnemese were hit with every kind of weapon except for nuclear and still won. G-warfare works wonders against a technologically superior foe. Sounds like a good Rebel Commando map if I ever saw one...

LucasArts could make a "Rebel Commando" game based on the actions of soldiers in the Rebel Alliance, fighting the Imperials on Tatooine, Kashyyyk, Hoth, Endor, etc... I'd still prefer a Stormtrooper game though.

• 2 weeks later...

I agree with Clone L68362, AI should be so beefed up that they actually work as teams, like triangulate your team, post up in their own snipe positions, mounting turrets and generally just aknowledge that running towards a squad of four that just killed about a million other droids/aliens/whatever else isnt going to win the day...

The DC17 attachment would be perfect, but i honestly think everything was already covered with the original three, fast machinegun type for general purpose, a long range, and an explosive. Flamethrowers would be a good pick up weapon, but they fight droids mostly so its sorta useless as an attachment UNLESS its plasma type torches. Maybe melt an SBD, or its eyelense shut :p

I would like a better melee attack system too... Instead of a quick jab with it, you can do a lot of other things like hit vital areas, with corresponding animation and effects(ie. knifing a geonosian on the neck, hitting a sensor lense on a droid effecting their sight and accuracy, or maybe ripping a geonosians wings off).

ANOTHER thing that would be great is actually HACKING into systems and actually setting up demo charges. Nothing too 1337 but just a combination of buttons, making the slice or setup either faster or slower depending on the actual player

and finally, actually have the strengths of your squad members to shine through. Fixer for slicing (faster slicing, hacking into droids to have them work to your advantage), Sev for sniping (higher accuracy hence faster rate of fire and being able to fire with sniper attachment without having him cover, maybe even toggle his weapon set), and Scorch for demos and explosives (faster demolition time, higher damage and accuracy with explosive weapons). And Boss depends on the player, the sniping thing is already in, but the slicing and the demo can be things you have control over. And it wont hinder the game because if the player cant do it, they can just have a squad member do it

actually this is the last thing sorry. BETTER PHYSICS! Im pretty sure this will hinder the whole squad team thing, but you should be able to move like an actual beefed up soldier (clone wars animated style). Instead of being able to jump like three feet, make it more like six feet, run faster such and such

Archived