Home

Livestrong Wristbands

Derc

Well, I finally got one of my own after seeing that some of my friends at school wear them. So now I'm uber-cool. :cool: (j/k)

So, I'm just wondering if anyone else here wears them, or has at least seen them around. They seem to be the latest fashion trend or something.

From MSNBC:

You've seen them just about everywhere - on Tom Cruise, Russell Crowe, and John Kerry. They're the fashion must-have: A yellow rubber wristband bearing the imprint "Livestrong." It's the creation of - and cause for - Tour de France king and cancer survivor Lance Armstrong.

wristband_home.gif

They each cost a buck, and all proceeds go to the Lance Armstrong Foundation for cancer research. Well, what do you think of them?

Originally posted by Drazin

I must live in a shell.

I never heard of em or seen em before.

Originally posted by RedHawke

Me too...

Me toof, first time I hear about it...maybe it's because I live in Canada... :p

...or maybe it's old age...hehehe Drazin just joined us in the over 30 club a few days ago! :sheepdanc Happy belated Birthday Drazin! :cheers:

That grants you the right to quote Jolee when someone tells you they don't understand your post: I'm old, damn it! I'm allowed to be enigmatic when I want to be, and don't you go telling me otherwise.

Originally posted by RedHawke

Rhetorical Question What will people think of next?

I have no idea...but there are chances I'll miss it too :D

Originally posted by Darth333 ...or maybe it's old age...hehehe Drazin just joined us in the over 30 club a few days ago! :sheepdanc Happy belated Birthday Drazin! :cheers:

That grants you the right to quote Jolee when someone tells you they don't understand your post: I'm old, damn it! I'm allowed to be enigmatic when I want to be, and don't you go telling me otherwise.

Well hell's bells, Drazin you old coot! You should've told us! ;) hehehe

Welcome to the Old Fart's Club ;)

I really need to find a better name..hehe

Happy belated Birthday!

As for the Livestrong armbands...?? For something to be so 'popular' by the article, I've never heard of these things nor ever seen them. Of course, living in the South is like time traveling about 5-10 years back :rolleyes: (electricity is like magic to some people I've met :eek: ). I'm just thankful my toilet is on the inside of my house... hehehe..

Originally posted by ChAiNz.2da

I really need to find a better name..hehe

How about "The old coot's club"?

As for the Livestrong armbands...?? For something to be so 'popular' by the article, I've never heard of these things nor ever seen them. Of course, living in the South is like time traveling about 5-10 years back :rolleyes: (electricity is like magic to some people I've met :eek: ). I'm just thankful my toilet is on the inside of my house... hehehe..

I live in the Northwest, and have never heard of those things before. If electricity is like magic to some people in the SOuth, what are computers like? :p

Aw bugger!

I was hoping to slip this one by.

LOL you all are too much.

"oooh destiny Oooh"

(My family owns 80acres in Michigan, a Log Cabin built by my Grandfather and it wasn't until a few years ago that we finally installed running water! LOL.)

And whats this combining a Livestrong advertisement with me being 30? hehe.

Originally posted by Emperor Devon

If electricity is like magic to some people in the SOuth, what are computers like? :p

They'd dip it in gold and try to worship it ;)

That or their heads would explode from seing such a "new-fangled contraption".. :lol:

the South isn't really as bad as I'm portraying (though there ARE places where electricity still is scarce).. but I'd almost guarantee there would be more entertainment value found in a stretchy rubber band than the wonderful world of 1's & 0's hehehe

@Drazin

Man, I'm from Michigan (originally)! Lansing to be exact, but roaming grounds included Battle Creek, Southgate, Detroit (yuck), Ann Arbor.. and of course the frequent visits to Canada... small world huh? ;)

whoops.. straying off-topic, sorry folks..

Heh. Last week a saw little girl at a restaurant have like 5(although different colors) of them on her wrists. :eek:

So I guess it's more common in the younger generation.

Young'uns these days... :p

:rofl: What a group you're in now, Drazin. :D

i know a few people that have them, and i think i saw them at a Sphinx gas station a while back. of course, i have no idea if Sphinx gas is a national brand, but that's where i saw them during one of my many visits (*curses gas prices* :fist: ).

and yes, southerners have red soil, electricity, running water, computers, the internet, and two 4x4's: an ATV that'll get stuck somewhere and a '67 Ford (or '58 Chevy) truck to haul it out. so quit calling them backwards!! :p

and i say 'them' because i don't really classify myself as southern.... >_>

"What Would Jesus Do?" :confused:

Huh? WWJD Wristbands? Never heard of em. But that slogan I heard once as a news story. It stirred up controversy when a company or something said the answer was: Drive an SUV... :indif:

So yeah, that's weird. :o

Everyone at my school has one, its like the "thing" you could say. But i'm so cool I don't need to accsesorize!:D But really I would buy one just to supprt the foundation. An you could say the South ain't that bad. I live in the Heart of Dixie and wall some places electricity is like the world blessing them but I live with it. *Goes and basks in his uber-coolnes* :cool:

The bands are to support a charity/ course.

Blank and white = Stop Racisem

Yellow = Help support cancer chariters

and so on and so forth

Any person selling the bands to gain a profit and should be bitched slapped, the bands were first made up to support charites and stop predjudice

Unfortally i see alot people selling the Cancer bands just for making a profit

The bands are for young and old, who ever wants to support a charity

Archived