Home

A.I. personallty

Windu Chi

I want a A.I. to have a personality. Like for example to have conversations with each other about whatever going in the battle or the war. Another example, if a jedi is attacking some group of soldiers, some soldiers make express concern about engaging in combat with the jedi. Another example, if the soldiers are in combat they will express fear or anger about the combat situation, or the death of a fallen conrad. Also when some soldiers are guarding a commanpost a soldier or soldiers will try make good thing out of war situation. By making a joke or sarcastic remarks of the combat situation to boost troop morale. Also when soldier don't follow an order a soldier will tell that soldier the consequences for disobeying a direct order and that soldier will weigh the consequences to make a decision while in coversation with that other soldier.

Any one else agree ?

;)

Hmm idle chit chat amoung bots that will add absolutly nothing to battlefront gameplay wise.... Sounds great!! its things like this that make the game memorable and worth playing, Whenever i've played a star wars game and I hear the AI controlled enemies talking I always stop to listen to them, it helps me understand there point of veiw... where not so diffrent.... Then i snap out of it and slaughter 'em all!;)

The AI units already have some simple lines but I think giving them more things to say would give them more personality, they should talk to each other when there isn't any combat, or if a sniper has just eliminated an ally shout a warning to the rest, or if Darth Vader appears in front of them they should start panicking. This would make the game more realistic and more fun in my opinion.

Great idea!

to add a bit, i think their chit chat should include thoughts about you and your performence, either disrespect, or respect.

and they can have war grunts, but at various tones, to make it sound realistic and scary for the player;)

And spotting enemies, they can point and yell, wha was that? then troops around him will look

These sound like good ideas, but the Seperatists shouldn't have real emotions since they are mindless droids, and the clones shouldn't show a lot of emotion either, as they are bred to be fighters, not crack lame jokes at a comedy club. Also, hopefully this wouldn't slow down combat by much.

It sounds like a great idea, as long as its keep within the character of each bot. As Andrew said above, it should have limitations to it.

Battle Droids should perhaps just convey battle orders to one another and respond to your hails with your rank, same as Republican Clone Troopers but a bit more emotion as afterall they are human.

Republic Troops should have a full range of emotion where as the Imperial should perhaps show there dedication to the empire.

You know.

So basically you guys want AI personality like Jedi Outcast (for those of you that don't know the stormtroopers that patrol in outcast usually have conversations about stuff before you kill them). I think it would be awesome especially when you're in a transport waiting for battle or when you're in the thick of battle you're teammates are yelling stuff. Just make sure its a large variety of sayings. That or make it an option.

Talking during combat... Kind of like Republic Commando SP? Sounds good. I agree the CIS and the Republic shouldn't have too much since most of them are pretty much solely concerned about their objective. (Though for both of those factions what might work is if you could hear all this com chatter, but it would be mostly garbled so you can't really understand what they are saying, your just picking up some other channels on your com.) But the Rebels and the Imperials could have it. It'd be great, It would add alot to the experience without really changing anything. It would be alot better than; "Yes sir. Incoming. We're losing reinforcements." Oh and like clonearcman said, it'd be good if there was a fairly wide variety of things. other wise it might get a tad boring.

I dont think they would have time for full conversations since battlefront is so chaotic, but just having more stuff to say would make the game so much cooler, like when you give the follow me command, the rebels dont always say just "yes sir" or "right away sir!" but stuff like "I hope you know what your doing!" And it would be cooler to hear them express fear and stuff like when an AT-AT comes looming out of the distance or the death star appears in the sky (hopefully in BF2) they would say stuff like "look at the size of that thing" or an old star wars favorite "ive got a bad feeling about this" (i swear its in all the movies). They could have character specific coments to like an imperial officer (If they are included) would say "rebel scum" or more memorable lines like that, im sure we could come up with a whole list of lines and when they would be used and stuff, of course droids would just have simple commands and responses, clones would have this two but since they are human they could express surprise. But for the rebels and the imperials there could be a whole lot of lines. and it wouldnt have a huge effect on gameplay, about as much as a bot screaming "grenade! grenade!" would have.

Another cool idea is to have star fighter pilots talk to each other over the comm link, but only other star fighter pilots could hear them, like when they first take off they say somthing like "This is red 3 standing by" or somthing like that then they go through the usual pilot lines

"Look at the size of that thing!"

"Cut the chatter red 2!"

"enemy fighters coming in!"

"Ive got one on my tail!"

"Im HIT!!!!"

"AAAAAHHHHGGGHHH"

"Boom"

lol pilots never seem to last long in star wars...

Is this a cool idea or would it just make piloting a starfighter kind of annoying? I dont think it would so long as there isnt TO much talking.

Erm, considering how terrible the bots are, with their 15 second lifespans sometimes, would they even have time to finish a conversation?

Personally, I'd like them to act like a millitary unit, rather than a bunch of n00bs talking about their last lay before walking into yet another grenade.

Originally posted by ParanoidAndroid

They wouldnt have to have full blown conversations just a greater variety of comments and responses to commands and circumstances on the battlefront.

Ok, some more quotes rather than "get down", "Arggghhhhh!" and "Oh no!" etc.

But I feel stuff like "Time to kill wookies" etc. sounds a little corny.

Saying that, it is Star Wars.

I would really like a lot of variety of words but attitudes like in Republic Commando. Like it would be hard to make but make a trooper have a different attitude than another. Like if one was like Scorch and cracking jokes until he was killed and yelled out.

Another thing. In our BF. Do they say "Mayday, mayday" like they just met the enemy or "Today, Today" like they need reinforcement and they're trying to push their soldiers onward?

Archived