Home

Are Stormtroopers... (clones or enlisted?)

Darth Andrew

Theres really no point to this thread any more then because the truth has been spoken and now its just an agurment. This is considered flamming. But correct me if im wrong because im sure someone will lol. :D

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by OmegaNothing

Well I haven't been here for a while, so all I did was read this thread then add what I thought, thats all.

We all relize that very well. But what im saying is that you shouldnt be aguring. Because your fighting a losing battle. They already told us what is what so this thread is just for people that want to find out.

the idea is that over time, there were new clone strains introduced, and then they even conscripted guys to be Storm Troopers. So it's not just purely clones: It started out as clones, but then it got diluted over the years as they found out they could shanghai guys [more cheaply] than they could build clones.

- George Lucas.

Click

MF whore. :p

What George said could be interpreted differently, and I'd say the "grunts are clones, officers are regulars" theory would still make sense. Stormtroopers are supposedly 100% loyal and cannot be bribed or blackmailed, so there has to be some reason why the conscripted guys are all so dedicated.

Maybe because all enlistees are granted an officer's rank upon graduation from their academy. Some lowly cannon-fodder grunt who got shanghaied really isn't going to be all that loyal, and most would probably go AWOL. But if the way the Empire "shanghaies" people into service is by temping them with instant officer status upon graduation, they'd have a reason to serve well, and not just so they don't get a firing squad.

In Rogue Squadran 3, you go to the imp academy. So I guess all guys who go in AT-ST's would also quilifiy as academy students. Plus, I bet someone spiked the cloning vat so they cant shoot for beans :p

But Lucas is trying to make it seem that he had planned this from the start saying, all the Stormies were clones. But comics have messed up the image even more. I saw a Imp scout in a comic take off his helmet and he wansnt even looking the same as to a regualr clone, very confusing....

Lucas has made it very, Very confusing. And yeah I think if you go to the Navy that you will be a pilot (If you pass the courses) Go to the Army, you could enlist or become an Officer in the AT-ST.

Well, this has finally been cleared up (unless he changes his mind yet again).

Thanks for the quote InsaneSith for the original source (I missed that post before I pasted this in). ;)

------------

(reposted from another forum by me):

Sorry if this has already been posted, but there were some interesting quotes in there:

IGN Film Force Interview with George Lucas

On the nature of Stormtroopers:

"The idea is that over time, there were new clone strains introduced, and then they even conscripted guys to be Storm Troopers. So it's not just purely clones: It started out as clones, but then it got diluted over the years as they found out they could shanghai guys [more cheaply] than they could build clones."

About Han & Leia:

"Han and Leia probably did get married. They settled down. She became a senator, and they got a nice little house with a white picket fence. Han Solo is out there cooking burgers on the grill."

On the Honorable Representative Binks:

"He goes back to Naboo and he's a representative. He probably stays on the council, he's probably in the senate, because it becomes completely worthless. Senators are just for show, which they talk about in Episode IV. Actually, in Episode IV they get disbanded, so Jar Jar probably goes home to his wife and kids."

On the TV series and the future of Star Wars:

"I love doing it, but it is 20 years of my life," he told Static Multimedia. "I am anxious to get on and do other things. We are still doing a TV series, two TV series, one animated and one live action, so I am not going to do it myself, but I'll peek in from time-to-time. So I won't completely have lost the Star Wars experience."

------------------

So there you have it. I interpret this as entirely Clones until sometime in the OT period, when they start putting conscripts in there too.

Originally posted by TK-8252

...You just made absolutely no sense.

- yeah. And the fact that you've been on the forums for over 2 years does NOT make you cool.

- Sorry to break it to you.

Anyway, getting back on topic...

LOL @ George Lucas's quote on the nature of stormtroopers.

Originally posted by Konar

- yeah. And the fact that you've been on the forums for over 2 years does NOT make you cool.

- Sorry to break it to you.

When did I say it does? The fact that I'm cool makes me cool, not how long I've been around. :cool:

• 10 months later...

Archived