Home

Strange Writings on the Flags

Shok_Tinoktin

For the guys who haven't memorized it, check out page 1 of this thread. I posted links to download the various fonts that are typically used. These star wars fonts can then be used to "translate" stuff assuming the game developers are using similar alphabets (if not the exact same ones!).

Many of those sites also post letter for letter translations.

See, all these fake alphabets do is take the 26 letter english alphabet and replace it letter for letter.

So it's more like a code, than a language. ;)

So install the font, type out alphabet letter for letter in a word program, and print it out. Then hop into the maps and translate away!

Btw, the new "Hangar" map has some writing on the walls and stuff, I wonder what it says? :D

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Kurgan

Btw, the new "Hangar" map has some writing on the walls and stuff, I wonder what it says? :D

Originally posted by Shok_Tinoktin

I've also translated what I could find on the new map. Nothing especially interesting (or intelligible) here. Aside from what has been seen in other places, this is what I found:

D FSLKJEDMEKWA FAS

F CDME

[mirror image of ME]ME

Plus there were some stuff that is also on other maps, like 'DFSLKJE CDMEKKA FAE' from Ghostship.

Originally posted by Shok_Tinoktin

Another: On the map 'Garden', in huge letters is 'Love' and 'XXX'.

Okay, now the above words make a little more sense. While rather bored and just flying around in Spectator mode on the 'Garden' map, I noticed that on the blue team's side of the bridge, above that archway/entrance directly at the end of the bridge. (you know what I'm talking about right? You go through it, and turn right to head into the base.) There are in white lit letters the word; 'Hugs'. From the ground they are fairly difficult to spot. And I just stumbled on them by chance. A bunch of leaves almost cover them up. Backing up and looking at the whole wall it reads:

'Love hugs XXX'

Obviously the XXX is meant to imply kisses. Interestingly, the word hugs is not on the red team's side of the map.

I finally got around to translating the main screen background. Here is what I got:

Looking forward to haging out _ _ and hearing more about trip back home. I'll be with Kash Fri and Sat. [wierd symbol]he sat sorta across from me at graduation party _ _ the san (maybe sian, this was hard to read) doctor dude. [same wierd symbol, but backwards] Sunday 'll be in PA for July 4th bbq - wanna do that again? 15 years later? Otherwise I'm not sure if I'll be back in city on Monday or stay down there since I do have that day off. . . let me know how things unfold for you.

Then it sort of repeats (some stuff is in a different order).

Is it just me, or did the people making this game travel a lot?

Good work. Hmm wonder what that symbol is. Could be some symbol that didn't transfer well. Though I can't think of any. I know the Aurebesh Bracket... which is the only english symbol i could compare that to. Oh btw, looks like the text on the Sniper Rifle scrolls if you put it on an enemy or a friendly.

Originally posted by LukeKatarn

In your religion, sure, but in mine, yes you are born with a soul.

F*ck religion. Give me some proof instead ;) !

Anyway, you could however discuss if a sole is you, or a sole is nother thing.

But this thread isnt the one where this should be discussed... :rolleyes:

Good point. W and K do look very similar (especially when the letters are close together), as does E and S (although to a lesser extent). The missing C was most likely an error, and the different spacing was likely to make them look different. I'll check back and see if I can figure out which letters are most likely correct. If Chains would just tell us what he knows, then we could scratch these off the list of mysteries.

EDIT: I gave it a looksie, and I was definitely mistaken about the difference. The 'E' in Ghostship is definitely an S (have no clue how I messed that one up), the 'W/K' is impossible to determine for sure (im putting money on 'W'), the space between 'D' and 'F' is also difficult to conclusively determine, the other space was just a typo (my notes has it correctly), and the 'C' is definitely present.

Long story short, it is one of these:

DFSLKJE CDMEKWA FAS

DFSLKJE CDMEKKA FAS

D FSLKJE CDMEKWA FAS

D FSLKJE CDMEKKA FAS

Wow, reminds me of the crates in Jedi Academy that say "crate" in Aurebesh. There were a few other things like that in JA, but nothing that looked like a designer's IM conversation...

"I hate computers so much" is quite amusing, though, coming from a video game.

Archived